New points system, opinions?

Too much or to little?

Ex. Got 2 iridescent, 1 bronze, and one silver medal no points

is it easier or harder for killers or survivors

or am I bad

Comments

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Without going into detail, pipping is too hard now. There are several other threads where this topic is being discussed already. Hope to see you there. ☺️

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

I have little problem with the Survivor pipping requisites. If you die, its easy to depip, but overall manageable. Those matches are usually the ones which you are screwed over at the start. So, its rare for me to depip.

For Killers, I havent had much trouble with it either. But I havent been doing much with Killer because of matchmaking taking ages, and most games have been with Legion (the easiest Killer to pip with).

Still, I am not too obsessed on ranking up honestly. I have been put with all kinds of players anyway; from SWAT SWF to decently bad newbies.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

My problem with pipping system is that it doesn't determine how good you are at the game, not at all.

If the killer sucks and all survivors in that trial are good, best you can have as a survivor is black pip.

If the survivors suck and you are a good killer, then congratulations, you at best black pipped.

As a survivor, in order to pip, killer has to be at least average, there should be 1 or 2 bad-average survivors that will go down to give you your alturism points.

As a killer, you have to have at least 2 or 3 average survivors with a good one. Otherwise, bad survivors fck up their team easily and give you easy wins that won't allow you to pip.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    edited March 2019

As survivor pipping is no longer about you individually. You're at the mercy of the other 4 players in the game when it comes pipping.

You need the killer to be good but not too good, and you need the survivors to be....adequate. Able to hold out a little while in a chase but not too long. Able to get some gens and unhooks but not too many.

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148

Yes at least it makes some sense for killers -> more hooks = skilled killer . But for survivors not really

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

It was too easy to get to red ranks by doing very little before as survivor. Now you have to earn your pip. As long as the end result is that the better players get higher up the ranks and the worse players stay low I'm all for it. If you're in red rank it doesn't matter if you are rank 1, 2, 3 or 4 so as long as you black pip.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994

@Delfador please read your post very slowly. Consider all sides. The system is working almost perfectly, and precisely because of every single point that you make. There might need to be an extremely small tweak for survivors, but at most by just 1 tick. If it keeps going as well as it has been, I seriously doubt that BHVR will do a rank reset on April 13th, which means that it is working.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Kaelum You are absolutely right, I now understood what they are trying to do. I guess the reason why the new system looks terrible is because the ranks are mixed and we need a couple of weeks for a better picture.