Totem Rework (yes, a new one)

Options

Hello!

So, for my first post on the forums I thought why not offer in my own few ideas for the issue with totems, I have quite a few iterations so I hope you take them all into consideration or possibly mix and match a few, depending on how well you think I have done. ;)

You have probably seen some, maybe all, of these before, so I apologize in advance if you have.

General Changes

1. Totems can no longer spawn on hills. Pretty much all maps in the game contain some form of hill or easily visible unlevel ground. I think the prevention of both dull and hex totems spawning on hills would be a nice little quality of life tweak.
  2. At the start of the game, the Hex totems for the killer light up similar to how a finished gen would, or a survivor being hooked. Sometimes it can be hard to spot the totem, especially if it spawns behind a generator that you cannot see. It only does this for a couple of seconds, allowing you to look around and identify its location.
  3. Maybe this already happens, I am not too sure, but if a killer has NOED, and the survivors destroy all totems, the survivors who destroyed totems should gain some form of bonus points for this.
  4. The Huntress Lullaby should not pop up for survivors completing skill checks until the perk kicks in after the hooks. Lower levelled Hex Ruin should also not show up for survivors who are not affected. Other hex perks should work the same way as this but I just used these two examples.

Iteration 1

Hex totems should stick closer to what I understand to be the concept of the totem. A sacrifice of some kind to create this newfound power.

1. The destruction of a totem by a survivor now requires a sacrifice of their own to dull out the power of the totem. When destroying a lit totem, the survivor enters an injured state.
  2. The killer has the ability to relight the totem by hooking the survivor who destroyed it.

When hooking the survivor, a different totem is prioritised to be lit. If there are no other totems, this does not occur and the same totem is reset and relit. Using a Mori on the survivor also relights the totem.
Hex perks which require stacks, lose 2 stacks upon relighting.

Iteration 2

Another good and possible way to benefit totems is to rework the Thrill of The Hunt Perk.

1. Thrill of the Hunt is no longer a Hex Perk.
  2. Thrill of the Hunt now has a flat out reduction on totem cleansing. Survivors cleansing speed is reduced by 5/7/10 seconds.
  3. Each time a totem is destroyed, the killer gains a Token. Each token offers an increase in movement speed by 1/1/1.35%.
  4. Each time a survivor begins to cleanse a Hex totem, the killer gains a visual cue.
  5. Killers gain 6/8/10% more bloodpoints in the Hunter category.
  6. At level 3, the survivor’s aura is revealed for 4 seconds around the totem when it is destroyed.

Iteration 3

Do we even need this perk?

1. Thrill of The Hunt is removed and added to be a default killer addon, like Bloodlust, but with different effects.
  2. The destruction of a totem by a survivor now requires a sacrifice of their own to dull out the power of the totem. When destroying a lit totem, the survivor enters an injured state.
  3. The Killer is alerted to a survivor beginning to cleanse a Hex Totem.
  4. When a Hex totem is cleansed, gain a 2% movement speed increase. This stacks for each Hex totem.

Iteration 4

Probably the worst iteration IMO, but worth mentioning nonetheless.

1. Killers load into the game seconds earlier than survivors, and are presented with an overall map view of every totem available. The Killer chooses where to locate their Hex totem.
    Totem placements are pre-planned as usual, they are simply deciding which totem they use.

Iteration 5

It does require some form of sacrifice after all.

Totem’s can no longer be Cleansed until a survivor is hooked.
The first hook allows the totem to be destroyed

Please let me know what you think, and if there are any changes I can make to the stackings, statistics etc. I hope to see a Totem Rework because they are an extremely good concept, with a slightly flawed execution in their weaknesses.

Comments

• Kamsko
    Kamsko Member Posts: 3
    Options

I really like the idea of survivors needing to give something to destroy the totem (iteration 1)

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

i want literation 1! :+1:

• goldseeker22
    goldseeker22 Member Posts: 75
    Options

@Kamsko said:
    I really like the idea of survivors needing to give something to destroy the totem (iteration 1)

agree as everyone has always stated that.. hex totems are extra powerfull. thats why they need to be breakable.. so giving up one of ur own perks. should still be in advantage for the survivors