Matchmaking - Does it take rank into account?

Ever since this new matchmaking went live, I've been getting a lot of players who are not in the same rank field as me. This is a problem because rank doesn't matter for a lot of players but it surely matters for the new players who just bought the game. Why should players with under 50 hours be against me who has almost 1000 hours of playtime and on top of that who is in the red ranks.

I'm curious to know if this new matchmaking system take opponents rank into consideration before sending them to a game because it really doesn't feel like it.

Comments

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

They're "testing a new system" that prioritizes time > ranked matchups.

So while the system does use the ranks to better match people (literally ALL it does or means), it as of late, is seeming less useless because of the new matchmaking algorithm.

Tl;dr: yes, it does, but not nearly as well as it should/used to.

• RocketBabe87
    RocketBabe87 Member Posts: 3

This is just ridiculous at this point. They should take this change back, cause it's impossible to rank up if you're a rank 8 survivor getting matched with rank 15 survivors. I've never been this angry at this game since I've started playing it in 2017.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

You're better than them, and mad you cant rank up? Perhaps it's not your true rank. Also, ranking up SHOULD be harder. It shouldnt be easy for everyone to get to red/purple ranks.

I enjoy the new pip system. Doesnt make ranking up feel like a consolation prize.

• Duckodb12
    Duckodb12 Member Posts: 45

They should completely remove ranks. If there had never been ranks to begin with nobody would think anything of it other than some people aren’t as good at video games as others and I’m sure we wouldn’t be sitting for 30 minutes trying to get in a lobby while the game try’s, usually unsuccessfully, to match ranks up.

• BrendanLeeT
    BrendanLeeT Member Posts: 272

What are you on about? I was the Freddy in that game, take a look at the killer's name in the image.

• TheAntiSanta
    TheAntiSanta Member Posts: 128

Now I know where all the Survivors that are at my level are hiding. You're killing them all, and I'm getting stuck with people that have been playing this game for decades. Give me back my fresh meat, you animal.