Hex perks

Tsulan
Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

The idea of Hex perks was, to give survivors additional objectives. Something else to do instead of only holding M1 until the gen is done. Hex perks were supposed to be a "high risk, high reward" thing. But the reality is sadly different. Most Hex perks are a medium reward at best. Not even because they get cleansed in the first 60 seconds, but because their effects are just meh.
Here´s a list of all Hex perks:

Ruin: Most will argue, that Ruin is a success, since every killer uses it. But it´s more of a necessity to slow survivors down, instead of being a good perk. Experienced players just power through it, since they can hit most great skill checks. Unexperienced players gen tap and both groups can finish the gens pretty fast.
Devour Hope: Is great against new players or when a new map comes out. But usually it get´s cleansed pretty fast. While it would be THE best anti camping perk around, IF it wasn´t for that little detail, that it can be cleansed.
The Third Seal: I don´t really know why this is a Hex perk. Since it´s effect is meh at best. But being a cleansable perk?
Huntress Lullaby: Makes skill checks a little more interesting. But the warning that it exists, even before it has a effect? Would be a great perk, if it wasn´t a Hex.
Thrill of the Hunt: Is a must perk to protect other Hex totems. But since we can´t see, which totem is what Hex, we can lose the wrong one, when several totems are cleansed at the same time. The 10% Bloodpoint bonus is still bugged, and only starts working once the first totem has been cleansed. Since the bonus Bloodpoints apply during the match instead of after the match like BBQ, its pretty meh on it´s own.
My Balance proposal would be to convert all the Hex perks into normal perks. That can´t be cleansed. Since the perks themselfes are not strong enough to justify, that they can be deactivated.
There are no survivor perks that can be deactivated before they can be used. Why force something like this on killers?

Comments

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615

I thought about how to improve the Hex perk as well, but I have a different approach to how to deal with them. Scroll down to the bottom of my discussion here and I would really like your feedback on it since you are concerned about the Hex perks as much as I am.
    http://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/453/these-balance-changes-that-i-am-confident-will-help-this-games-balance#latest

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@Tsulan said:
    The idea of Hex perks was, to give survivors additional objectives. Something else to do instead of only holding M1 until the gen is done. Hex perks were supposed to be a "high risk, high reward" thing. But the reality is sadly different. Most Hex perks are a medium reward at best. Not even because they get cleansed in the first 60 seconds, but because their effects are just meh.

Ruin: Most will argue, that Ruin is a success, since every killer uses it. But it´s more of a necessity to slow survivors down, instead of being a good perk. Experienced players just power through it, since they can hit most great skill checks. Unexperienced players gen tap and both groups can finish the gens pretty fast.
    Devour Hope: Is great against new players or when a new map comes out. But usually it get´s cleansed pretty fast. While it would be THE best anti camping perk around, IF it wasn´t for that little detail, that it can be cleansed.
    The Third Seal: I don´t really know why this is a Hex perk. Since it´s effect is meh at best. But being a cleansable perk?
    Huntress Lullaby: Makes skill checks a little more interesting. But the warning that it exists, even before it has a effect? Would be a great perk, if it wasn´t a Hex.
    Thrill of the Hunt: Is a must perk to protect other Hex totems. But since we can´t see, which totem is what Hex, we can lose the wrong one, when several totems are cleansed at the same time. The 10% Bloodpoint bonus is still bugged, and only starts working once the first totem has been cleansed. Since the bonus Bloodpoints apply during the match instead of after the match like BBQ, its pretty meh on it´s own.
    My Balance proposal would be to convert all the Hex perks into normal perks. That can´t be cleansed. Since the perks themselfes are not strong enough to justify, that they can be deactivated.
    There are no survivor perks that can be deactivated before they can be used. Why force something like this on killers?

The whole "hex" conception is just funny. I do not know why they implemented it, as those perks are not THAT strong, to be destroyable by survivors, who has way better perks, like Decisive, Self Care, or Sprint Burst.

The only fair solution to this is to make those perks normal, or connect survivor's best perks to hexes as well.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@RSB said:

@Tsulan said:

The whole "hex" conception is just funny. I do not know why they implemented it, as those perks are not THAT strong, to be destroyable by survivors, who has way better perks, like Decisive, Self Care, or Sprint Burst.

The only fair solution to this is to make those perks normal, or connect survivor's best perks to hexes as well.

That´s the whole point. Either change them to normal perks, or change the powerful survivor perks to totems. They could even implement it the way, that survivor perks are bound to the same burning totems killers have. Now survivors can cleanse them, but don´t know if its their own perk they are removing.
    Finally a "high risk, high reward" situation!