Matchmaking

So, the old matchmaking system made people unhappy. They couldn't get into games and just wanted to be able to play. New matchmaking system comes out, people are unhappy due to rank differences and high ping. And it was reverted, beck to the same old problems.

The big issue is the ranking system. The current Emblem System does not agree with the new Matchmaking system. The devs are trying to force together two systems that simply do not work together. The Emblem System wants you to play against people of your skill level and have both teams be equally good because otherwise neither will rank up. The new matchmaking system on the other hand does not focus on rank, or skill. This interferes with the Emblem system as you need players of your skill level to rank up. This is true for both Survivor and Killer.

The are many ways to fix this but I see an obvious one. GET RID OF RANK.

We have seen time and time again that the biggest problem people have with this game is getting into games! So, keep the new matchmaking system so everybody can get into a game, but do away with ranking entirely. The new matchmaking system allows players to play together regardless of region or rank. So, clearly, we see that the devs didn't really care about rank at all. The Emblem system doesn't even factor in skill, it doesn't factor how good you are in a chase, or how well you can kill. The Emblem system is a giant participation award system. Oh, you don't have to do well, you just have to play nicely and be fair! A no rank system will allow everybody to play with everybody and slowly, over time players will learn how to play the game. We have clearly seen that the devs have no incentive to give rank rewards so why should they matter? Why are we stressing over something so simple?

If you have a better solution or think I'm wrong please say so. Clearly, what we've tried hasn't worked out, so, anything else would work.

Comments

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    edited March 2019

Because remember how the forums rioted about the mismatch games? Removing the number from the algorithm wont change that potatoes and pros would be in the same game. Causing dcs and headaches.

The rank isnt a rank. It's to BETTER match players. Removing it only makes it worse.

Fixing emblems, pip system, and their MM algorithm would help. But simply letting everyone play together would ruin the game. Streamers would get bored of low levels. New players would quit after dying to a tombstone meyers and having NO idea why it only took 60 seconds to die.

Post edited by Carpemortum on
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

get rid of rank and SWF will be the only happy ones.

Solo survivor will be unbearable and killer will be annoying as well cus its onyl vs SWF

• Incirion
    Incirion Member Posts: 612

I wouldn't mind if they got rid of SWF.

Not the entire concept, but just nerf it a bit.

Survive with Friend. Singular. Two people SWFs max.

• Carpemortum
    edited March 2019

So me and my rank 10 friend, cant play with our 2 absolute trash rank 17 friends when they want to? That's ridiculous.

I agree they should attempt to bridge the gap, and that the RARE toxic swf is harder to deal with. But SWF isnt the issues this game has.

Those players are well below 10% of the playerbase.

• Incirion

That's part of what's wrong with SWF. Not rank 10's, but rank 1's SWFing with Rank 20's or similar, giving the rank 1 survivor a lobby with a rank 15 killer. Which is super unfair for that killer. I don't mind facing SWF teams. They're usually stupid and overly altruistic, making it easy to bait. Even when they know you're camping, they'll still try to come for the save 9 times out of 10. It's the bad matchmaking with SWF that I have a problem with.

• ToxicAddiction
    ToxicAddiction Member Posts: 58

Hiding the number would fix the problem- people complained solely about the number next to their opponents name. Mark everyone as rank 1 and call it done.

• Incirion

I definitely tell a difference when i'm playing against an experienced red rank killer. I usually call it before the end of the match, if they're high or low ranked. The skill cap is the issue, not the numbers next to their names. If I go into a game against a killer that has everyone dead in the first 2 minutes of the game, then chances are, no matter what number is next to their name post game, it's due to bad match making. If I have a survivor that can run me for the entire game without taking the first hit. No matter what the number is next to their name, that's bad matchmaking. I definitely preferred the new method over Lobby Simulator. Playing with mismatched ranks or not. I don't mind to play in a mismatched lobby. As killer or survivor. It's going to be part of the game. People will complain about anything, doesn't matter what it is.

• Carpemortum

I didnt mean visibly hide it. I meant as in removing it. I should have worded it better.

But yes simply hiding the rank would resolve issues. Especially since rank 1 players make bad plays, and rank 10s can still hold their own. Nobody would know how unbalanced it was or wasnt. It would just be a game.

• GolgiNea
    GolgiNea Member Posts: 157

I agree, getting rid of rank would fix a whole lot of problems. To top it off, there's no incentive to go to red rank anyway. Just sweaty/ANGRY players to look forward to there. I feel bad for purple/red ranks if im having trouble getting matches in the GREEN ranks!

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Ridiculous? Every competitive game has a limit on that, you will never be able to paly together as bronze+dia player e.g.