Matchmaking/Queue time

Yohan
Yohan Member Posts: 172
edited March 2019 in General Discussions

The average waiting time that I experience is 5 seconds as a Survivor and 3 seconds as a Killer..

The longest I've ever had to wait for a match is 10 seconds (Survivor) - 4 seconds (Killer).

I'm also matched with players within my rank's adjacency.

And finally, no laggy matches.

As I witness, the majority of players are struggling with these issues; so the question is: why not me, and how can the developers use this information to help spread the blessing?!

Thoughts?

PS: I only play 12AM+. (PS4)

Post edited by Yohan on

Comments

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

I hate you.

• Yohan
    edited March 2019

@tt_ivi_99: I'm sorry and I love you!

• Yohan
  • Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,089

Dont know what is going on today, but I had wait times (before joining any lobby) with up to 3 minutes. And now I only have "Wait time unknown"...

And given the fact that once I join a Lobby (and this Lobby is full), everyone presses "Ready" as fast as possible, others also have to wait.

• Yohan
    edited March 2019

3 minutes is a lot..

Just cancel the search and queue again. Very effective.

• Yohan

If it's good on both Survivor and Killer, then we're both lucky!

• Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649

I've never seen it worse in the two years I've played. Currently on PC in the eastern US, usually play at different times between 5PM-10PM and on days off work I'll sometimes play mornings into afternoon. It's absolute hell right now. Survivor matches taking anywhere between 3-10 mins., majority of games loading with 3 survivors, at least one hard DC, getting a lobby with 300+ ping, or most often just mismatched ranks. Killer games are taking anywhere between 10-30 mins. to get and I usually just give up on it by then.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited March 2019

@Keene_Kills

I'm in the same boat with you on the times and location... Mine were like the OP mentioned above. However with the new system they are brutal compared to what it was.

Last night wasn't so bad as survivor.. I would guess I waited an average of 20 to 30 seconds for matches around 5:30 PM EST. I played about 6 matches.

I played one match as killer and waited about 3 minutes so I said ######### it at that point. 3 minutes compared to maybe a 10 second wait before.

• Yohan
    edited March 2019

@Keene_Kills

I'm sorry about that. But I hear you, and all the others. This game is too good and at the top of my list; so it's painful to want to play it but can't.

I sincerely hope they try and find a solution; and I do wish that everyone would no longer have any issue.

Post edited by Yohan on
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

My queue times are fairly quick aswell. Usually it takes longer for some pleb survivor to ready up than it takes to find a lobby (unless the lobby as bugged.... cough cough)

• Yohan
    edited March 2019

@TheBean

Do you ever try to cancel the search and try again? Always works for me.

Post edited by Yohan on
  • Yohan
    edited March 2019

@Master

There is always someone that tests your patience in lobbies..

Post edited by Yohan on
  • TheBean
    edited March 2019

@Yohan If we are back to canceling and starting match making to make it quicker again like we had to a few years ago... I don't know what to say to the Devs then. I done did that already with the ######### systems they had in the first year.

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

Lucky you. Survivor doesn't take as long for me (up to 2 minutes mid day, but in the morning around 10 minutes) while killer takes... 30 minutes lol. I usually am able to watch a whole episode of something on Netflix.

• Yohan

@TheBean

I'm not quite as old in this game as the majority. Are you saying it has been this bad since the beginning? That's too long to not have fixed it already..

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

The new matchmaking was working well before that last update to resolve the high ping issues now it's up to unknown wait times while taking 10mins. Killers is not too bad 2mins max but they need to care take of it immediately.

• Yohan

@JoannaVO

30 minutes? That takes some patience..

• TheBean
    edited March 2019

@yahon No it was bad in the beginning... things "worked".. but there would be nights where.. No one could play SWF at all... or very long wait times. I think there was a time you'd be lucky to get a match in 30 minutes.

Then the Devs finally finished what we call the old system... and it was great after that till now. It just wasn't great for everyone.

Now.. They have to fix what they told us was "edge" cases (two years later mind you).... So how many of these "edge" cases existed to justify a 5 to 10 second wait as killer to 3 minutes... or a 3 second lobby wait for survivor for a minute?

That is what is bothering me. Then you say.. cancel and restart the MM on your client... We had to do that before that old system came to be.. so we have to do it now with the new one?

I'm lost for words. I know there is a compromise that needs to be made, but asking me to make a compromise of 5 to 10 seconds killer lobby to 3 minutes.. is asking too much now. How do we go to what feels like an inferior system? Why do these "edge" cases ruin what we had?

If I went into a company that has 50 people and redesigned a system for them that would automate a big portion of their business. However in me automating and making the overall efficiency better... I make 10 employees work harder inorder to get that efficiency but the other 40's job is easier... How did I help those 10 other employees?... They may know hate their job because of what I did. Even though the overall efficiency is better, I screwed over 10 others to get it.

• Yohan

@xllxENIGMAxllx

I've experienced the same results: before, during, and after the update.

• Yohan

@TheBean

Hmm. I see where you're coming from. Although, I didn't propose the idea of restarting the Matchmaking, as an alternative to a major solution by the Developers; nor was I justifying their incompetence. They definitely do owe the community some professionalism. However, re-queuing ourselves is the only available option to help speed the process.

• makayla
    makayla Member Posts: 287

US central here. Solo takes 2-3 minutes to get a lobby, so does SWF, SWF tends to take longer. Killer is about 5 minutes. Not to mention the bugged lobbies and high pings make it take longer

• Yohan

@makayla

I don't happen to encounter players with bad connection for some reason.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

I get killer matches in 5 seconds, survivor takes me around 10 to 20 minutes with a SWF, I only play survivor SWF as for casual friend time, not toxic Jeff or David running around.

• Yohan

@ShrekIsHot

That's a huge gap. Very interesting!

The Developers must find a way to make use of this information.

• OMagic_ManO

It gets bad enough to upwards of 30 minutes so I'll play a KYF or we all reload DBD because of the wait times, and we'd even wait 30 minutes for one survivor to lobby dodge and then never get a new person, but I believe the getting 4 people has been fixed.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Yohan Always funny when someone starts practicing their flashligth clicking skills with the ready button. I always imagine their faces when they realized that they just got dodged for this =)

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

You are from the lucky one i envy you but maybe one day we will be aquo.

• Yohan

@ShrekIsHot

You know I've only done SWF once! It was when some strangers invited me to their party, and we didn't experience any issues, whether with queue time or connection wise.

• Yohan

@Master

Is it bad that sometimes I mash the ready button because someone won't ready up already.. lol. I have zero patience. And if they need to fix their equipment.. just do it before finding a lobby. However, I'd understand, if they have a good reason for making everyone wait 30 seconds.

• Yohan

@xllxENIGMAxllx

You're allowed to envy me man. I can see your frustration.

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

30 minutes and 1 game for me last night. my friends are refusing to play now as they don't want to waste an hour just to play 2 games.

• Yohan

@TeambossFloze

What about when you solo?

• TeambossFloze

@yohan I didn't test it as I was playing with others so we went on another rgame

• Yohan

@TeambossFloze

I see. Good luck then!

• TeambossFloze

@yohan Thanks

• OMagic_ManO

Now the times vary, sometimes I wait 10 minutes, with a 4 man swf, but with a 1 man (or woman), a couple seconds, killer is an instant game.

• Yohan
    edited April 2019

@ShrekIsHot

Yea I realized that Killer connects to a lobby in no more than 1 second. (At least for me).