Pharmacy buff

Entità
Entità Member Posts: 1,583

Pharmacy is one of the Quentin's perks, which are well known to be really weak, almost trash. Wake Up got a slight buff recently (to tiers 1 and 2 only). About Vigil I opened another thread.

PHARMACY (first version)

You have a knack for finding medicine.

Searches through Chests are 40/60/80 % faster and the noises they cause along with their hearing distances are reduced by 8 metres.

Pharmacy guarantees an Emergency Med-Kit with Gel Dressings and Surgical Suture on your first completed Chest search.

PHARMACY (second version)

You have a knack for finding medicine.

Searches through Chests are 40/60/80 % faster and the noises they cause along with their hearing distances are reduced by 8 metres.

Pharmacy guarantees an Emergency Med-Kit with Gel Dressings and Gauze Rolls on your first completed Chest search.

Post edited by Entità on

Comments

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

Would rather it only added Gel Dressings. Thats all Pharmacy needs, additional charges. Surgical Sutures is a rather meh add-on.

Also, Wake Up didnt get a buff. It only made all tiers have unlimited distance of you opening exit gates.

• NeaJovovich
    NeaJovovich Member Posts: 234

I never understood why such situational perks are created?

By default, there are only THREE chests in each trial. That can be impacted by a nasty Killer used a scratched coin or a Survivor offering a coin.

Their location random, other than the basement's. They want you to run Plunderer's Instinct + Pharmacy when you could just save a slot and take self-care?

If anything, they should add the toxxxic needle or the grape cough syrup. That would definitely boost pharmacy's usage. It'll definitely provide some meme moments.

• Entità
    edited March 2019

@PigNRun Don't you like 15% extra healing speed, with a little harder skill checks? It's called "Pharmacy": it should give you both quality and quantity, in my opinion.

@NeaJovovich It's very situational. No, Pharmacy + Plunderer is a suicide: you deserve two good healing add-ons, and some luck to find a closed chest. At high ranks, chests are ignored.

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671

I run plunders and pharma a lot. It's not suicide. Just be immersed :D

• Entità

@projecteulogy It's a waste: Plunderer cannot give you a ranger medkit on your first search. :(

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671

i know. unfortunately. But, ive found so many keys using the combo, fast search and nyooom im gone lol

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

The thing is, it heals you pretty fast already because of the quality of the medkit. If I am going to bring a perk to ensure I get an item, I would rather it lasted longer. Thats why I would rather it have something like double additional charges add-ons, like Gel Dressings + Gauze Rolls.

• Entità

@PigNRun The green medkit is very fast if you heal others, not yourself, but your idea is amazing. I'll add it in the OP. :)

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,123

Honestly I think Pharmacy should be a more focused plunderers, meaning that you can pick one item from an item wheel to get a higher chance at getting that item. It would still keep it's other values, but it wouldn't give you a green medkit on your first search by default unless if you pick the green medkit. It'd also tie in with the movie because Quentin knew how to get what he needed for any situation, not just first-aid. So giving the option to potentially get what you need in a situation rather than just get a green medkit would be a good buff and would fall in line with the source material. In addition, it could be stacked with plunderers, making the 2 mesh better together.

• NeaJovovich
    NeaJovovich Member Posts: 234

I still think the Medkit should come with the toxxxic pink needle (3 heal states) or the grape cough syrup (1 heal state).

• Entità

Other opinions?

• Luigifan64

Nope, I'm still sticking with the more focused Plunderers idea.

• PeepingPeacock
    PeepingPeacock Member Posts: 354
    edited April 2019

The medkit lasting longer without having to run ace in the hole or botany knowledge would be a very nice buff, only being able to heal one health state with the medkit keeps it from being an alternative to self care.

EDIT: Pharmacy is both funner to use and more difficult to pull off than self care so it would be nice if that was reflected in its power level.

• Entità

@PeepingPeacock The green medkit should grant two heals, since it has 24 charges and 25% less charge consumption (which means you spend 0.75 charges per second, that is 24 charges for 32 seconds): it's bugged. Even with my buff, it would be less powerful than SelfCare:

1) you must spend time to find a chest;

2) you risk other people open all chests;

3) you risk Franklin destroys your hope to heal in a safe hiding place;

4) you have not unlimited heals.

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464

I really wish they would remove all these types of perks.

Seriously alot of these Ace/Pharmacy/Plunderers players do is spend the entire game hunting down chests for their free purple medkit/flashlight.

Then they get a cheap hatch/escape off the back of other peoples efforts.

They normally have 5k+ points less than every other survivor on the team it's gross.

• BloodyTapp
    BloodyTapp Member Posts: 108

Sounds like you want to partially tie Ace in the hole to Pharmacy. Would become a nice alternative to SC, but to not make it 3 heals at any time after first chest search on getting the same add-ons, maybe a change around this:

Searches through Chests are 40/60/80% faster and the noises they cause along with their hearing distances are reduced by 8 metres.

Pharmacy grants a 100% chance of finding an Emergency Med-Kit with an add-on of Very rare rarity or lower attached to it and 50% chance of finding a second add-on of Rare rarity on your first completed Chest search.

That'd grant Medkits with different add-ons on them, often being very good items to go

• Panduh
    Panduh Member Posts: 51

Wake Up did not get buffed, I'd appreciate if you'd edit that. Pharmacy is actually the only good Quentin perk at the moment.

Vigil is not potent enough to have an affect on the FEW timed status affects such as Huntress and Clown add-ons, and ever since the exhaustion change, doesn't have a meaningful effect on your perk recovery either.

40->32s exhaustion perk CD when you aren't running, 30-> 24s off both of their lowest tier add-ons, 90s->72 on huntress' best one. It's only noticeable against the 90s add-on and similarly to the other lengthy de-buff add-ons, they're just so long it's not really worth it. To put it short, not all that helpful in these situations for a whole perk slot. 8 seconds less in a situation where you shouldn't be running or near danger isn't a noticable recovery for a whole perk.

Doesn't even include timed EXPOSED, and gets messed up by sloppy because sloppy is infinite until healed lol.

Don't get me started on Wake Up, exit gates are so easily to find on just about anything but Lery's, and 15% for 3 seconds is pretty much your entire perk slot. Leader helps people open it faster than WU at 25%.

If you'd like to see this Wake Up idea that got a lot of approval among other things I have a document I made from a while back.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16TLOmqJTWkRyRB7SWiJtzCKEq2-MVLL68qHTeUeWlMU/edit?ts=5cb86000

TLDR: I don't think Pharmacy is that bad, an add-on would be nice, but I really just think there needs to be more chests in the trial naturally just so you don't have a chance of just -not- using your perk.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

A green medkit is already pretty powerful considering you get it guaranteed and can keep it. Most maps also have at least 1 static chest location (excluding the basement). I don't think the perk is that good but making it add a gel dressing which is one of the top addons for a medkit (only topped by instaheals and perhaps abdominal dressing) is the right path to making this perk more viable.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

@GraviteaUK The problem I have with plunderers is that you can find skeleton/dull keys in chests which is really annoying for the killer when there is 1 gen to complete, you've killed someone and suddenly 1 person escapes followed by 2 others. A ######### way to end a game imo.

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371

If Pharmacy gave med kits with insta heal add on it would be a worth while perk to take.

• Luigifan64

Wait, how did Wake Up! get buffed? Tier 3 is still the same and it's still as bad as it was before; what am I missing here?

• Entità

@Peanits @Panduh @PolarBear Pharmacy ensures only one full heal, and this is a bug: the green medkit has 24 charges and a consumption rate of 0.75c / s, so it should last for 32 seconds, two complete heals. If this bug is not fixed, finding a brown, yellow or green medkit in the chest is completely indifferent.

Furthermore, those who use Pharmacy instead of SelfCare suffer numerous limitations:

1) non-unlimited heals;

2) inability to transport other objects and to maintain the ability to heal themselves;

3) vulnerability to Franklin;

4) need to spend time finding a chest;

5) risk of finding already open chests.

The killers complain about the gen rushes and the abuse of SelfCare: the developers should then favor the use of different healing perks, which force the survivors to devote themselves to secondary objectives, but Pharmacy is currently useless: it pays to open a chest at random and hope to find a brown medkit ...

• Luigifan64

They might as well just give you a purple medkit on the first chest search because at least that makes is so that your GUARANTEED two full heals without other perks.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@Panduh @Luigifan64 it got tier buffed. So all tiers have the same range.

Before tier 1 and 2 had like 24 and 48 meters

• Luigifan64

what are you on about? It reduces the sounds by 8 meters for all tiers not to mention this "buff" doesn't actually change the perk it just makes tiers 1 and 2 slightly less #########, the perk still sucks overall and needs an actual buff.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@Luigifan64 "Wait, how did Wake Up! get buffed? Tier 3 is still the same and it's still as bad as it was before; what am I missing here?"

TIER BUFFED. So its not bad on tier 1 and 2 . IM NOT saying it doesn't need any more buffs for either Wake Up, Pharmacy or Vigil

• Luigifan64
    edited May 2019

Oh I'm sorry I thought you were talking about Pharmacy still, my bad Dx