Grabbing

Sorry if someone else has posted about this, but has anyone else experienced freezing while trying to grab survivors? I was playing legion and went for a gen grab and the grab animation started but froze so there I was with my arm outstretched frozen like that. The survivor was able to run away. Then yesterday I was playing clown and a survivor messed up and crossed the pallet back toward me and again I get the grab animation but it freezes as the survivor runs by me. Sometimes when they vault pallets toward me the animation doesnt even trigger but it does lag for a second when I attack and somehow misses the survivor on an attack that should be impossible to miss. Have had that happen at window vaults too. Are grabs bugged? Anyone else dealt with this?

Comments

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

I've yet to experience that but Bamboozle on Myers last night caused my screen to shake and stutter for a few seconds. I've also as survivor had a pallet get dropped when cancelling a heal leaving me on the wrong side.

Seems like it's a latency issue right now since I'm regularly getting people from halfway across the world now.

• TheShocktor
    TheShocktor Member Posts: 134

@powerbats I wish they would focus more on fixes and less on new content.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Well the people working on new content are different than the bug fix people and a lot of problems are due to the new Unreal Engine update. Which whacked everyone that uses it hard both large and small companies and individuals.

• Incirion
    Incirion Member Posts: 612

I've had the exact same thing happen to me on Legion. And as Spirit I've had countless grabs get canceled and turned into attacks half way through. It's super annoying.

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464

Had it as a trapper yes.

It happened to me because i started the grab but they finished the gen and i just got stuck like it.

• Caretaker
    Caretaker Member Posts: 764

Grab bug has been around for 6 months, and while talking to BHVR we got, "We'll look into it." to "We don't see it internally." to "Yea, it's pretty bad." So, it's not a bug, it's a feature.

• Creator
    Creator Member Posts: 360
    edited April 2019

This error began to manifest itself from the moment when the animation grab accelerated(When they added the Spirit to the game). It would be better if they took the animation from the alpha version of the game. She there and looked 10 times better than this trash that is now in the game.