Showing survivors identity just promotes griefing

After playing this game for several hundred hours, specially in high ranks, everyone knows everyone. By letting killers know who survivors are, it just gives them an opportunity to take revenge on you for whatever reason they think it is justified.

Just like the survivors can't dodge because they don't know who the killer is, the survivors identity should be hidden also, even in game. It gives no gameplay information, its just used for griefing, even between survivors.

If the Dev's goal is to truelly fight toxicity, this is a change that must happen, and it's not even a hard change to make, you just have to hide information.

Comments

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    北欧人 said:

If the Dev's goal is to truelly fight toxicity, this is a change that must happen, and it's not even a hard change to make, you just have to hide information.

Heard it here first, folks. You have to prevent people from avoiding toxic players to fight toxicity.
  • 北欧人
    北欧人 Member Posts: 45
    edited June 2018

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    Heard it here first, folks. You have to prevent people from avoiding toxic players to fight toxicity.

I don't get your point. Did you read my post at all? or just half the words?

• TeaLeaf
    TeaLeaf Member Posts: 205
    edited June 2018

@北欧人 said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:

I don't get your point. Did you read my post at all? or just half the words?

He is getting at your suggestion doesn't remove toxicity all it does is shift it from one place to another. Your only thinking about your situation. Sure killers can no longer exact revenge, but now killers can't avoid toxic survivor/SWF groups.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

Showing survivor's name also promotes non-grieffing.
    "Taking revenge" can also be karma for being an offender.
    It also can make people to dodge players they do not want to play against again (mostly because of a grief)

The "revenge" factor does not come from nowhere is what I actually say.

• 北欧人
    北欧人 Member Posts: 45
    edited June 2018

@TeaLeaf said:
    He is getting at your suggestion doesn't remove toxicity all it does is shift it from one place to another. Your only thinking about your situation. Sure killers can no longer exact revenge, but now killers can't avoid toxic survivor/SWF groups.

Survivors can't dodge killers. Why should Killer be able to ? Personally, I think no one should be able to dodge a lobby unless there is a high ping. It's the only justifiable reason to dodge a lobby. Keeping the identity for the sake of dodging is an invalid argument as this shouldn't happen at all.

SWF is a whole different subject that can only be fixed by somehow buffing solo survivors and killers, in order to make SWF less strong (but I want to move the discussion to this subject). I don't want to spend 1 minute before every match inspecting if the 4 survivors to see if its SWF or not. I just want the match to be fair regardless of who is there.

@Runiver said:

Sorry but I can't accept this. Revenge shouldn't be acceptable no matter the reasons. This is a game. There is no point in griefing or taking things personally, it just ruins the fun for everyone. Additionally, if you say that is "OK" to take revenge you're leaving a door open for anyone to act regardless of their reasons. Who's going to judge each person's reasons?

• TeaLeaf
    TeaLeaf Member Posts: 205

@北欧人 said:

@TeaLeaf said:

Survivors can't dodge killers. Why should Killer be able to ? Personally, I think no one should be able to dodge a lobby unless there is a high ping. It's the only justifiable reason to dodge a lobby. Keeping the identity for the sake of dodging is an invalid argument as this shouldn't happen at all.

SWF is a whole different subject that can only be fixed by somehow buffing solo survivors and killers, in order to make SWF less strong (but I want to move the discussion to this subject). I don't want to spend 1 minute before every match inspecting if the 4 survivors to see if its SWF or not. I just want the match to be fair regardless of who is there.

@Runiver said:

Sorry but I can't accept this. Revenge shouldn't be acceptable no matter the reasons. This is a game. There is no point in griefing or taking things personally, it just ruins the fun for everyone. Additionally, if you say that is "OK" to take revenge you're leaving a door open for anyone to act regardless of their reasons. Who's going to judge each person's reasons?

Yes, and then the result and you know its true will be higher level of killer D/Cs. Additionally trapped with SWF parties, smurfs (super skilled survivors who hang around in 15-20), and general toxic players isn't fun for killers either. You might not accept it and your clearly biased as a survivor in this regard but aren't we all. Still your suggestion will have more outstretching consequences.

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    北欧人 said:

After playing this game for several hundred hours, specially in high ranks, everyone knows everyone. By letting killers know who survivors are, it just gives them an opportunity to take revenge on you for whatever reason they think it is justified.

Just like the survivors can't dodge because they don't know who the killer is, the survivors identity should be hidden also, even in game. It gives no gameplay information, its just used for griefing, even between survivors.

inventive to behave one's self.  how unpopular that would be.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    "smurfs"-yes, they do this to lampoon killers and post the video on youtube.  they wanna be ochido.  i see quite a bit of this.  it makes me avoid being killer.