Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Suggestion: Until you fix match-making, set rank 5 as maximum rank.

NurseMainBTW
NurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531
edited April 2019 in General Discussions

Hear me out before you go full ape and call this a stupid idea.

I'm a rank 1 killer and a rank 7 survivor: If I play survivor it takes less than maximum 2 minutes to find someone, if I do open a lobby as a killer however... it's a never-ending waiting time to find someone (I've counted 53 minutes today before I logged off, it's that bad.)

I have some friends who plays survivor more than I do, this friends of mine told me that they fully regret ranking into the red ranks because the waiting time has also became extremely long.

So, what can we deduct from all of this? Once you reach red ranks, you'd better just go and play something else. People are getting punished for ranking up to the point of not getting to play almost EVER AGAIN. This is unacceptable and is quickly destroying the will of people to play (We've gone from 30.000 daily players to 18.000 players after the matchmaking is patch. That's precisely 40% less of players the game used to have daily!)

You want to improve matchmaking? That's good and all! But please don't make the players pay the price because it doesn't work as you wanted to.

Comments

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Alternatively, the pipping system could get adjusted a bit. That wouldn't take as much time as reworking the matchmaking.

• NurseMainBTW

Anything goes, really. As long as I can start playing again... it's been a week since I had one match as Killer, I cannot waste every day an hour of my time hoping that there are people joining the lobby.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Or prepone rank reset. Should also be an easy thing to do from a technical perspective.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

A lot of people wanted ranking up to be harder. This is what happens... 😐️

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@IronKnight55 and its good,now we need a reason to rank up

• NurseMainBTW

Upping this. I want more feedback.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I'm rank 1 killer on Xbox and I find games really fast. Less than 2 minutes usually. But I'm getting mostly green/purple ranks, with occasional red or yellow rank thrown in.

I think it's a player specific thing. Like some people like myself have no wait but then people like you have a long wait. Probably from swapping back and forth between matchmaking systems.