Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

New Perk Idea: Beast of Burden

Shad03
Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
edited April 2019 in Creations

Perk Description:

You are as strong as the greatest beasts of burden. Your single minded determination allows you to go through defenses even when holding onto something.

Tier 1:

While carrying a survivor, you can break pallets. Breaking a pallet while a survivor is on your shoulder decreases the time they have to wiggle by 25%. You also break pallets at a decreased speed of 35% while holding a survivor.

Tier 2:

While carrying a survivor, you can break pallets. Breaking a pallet while a survivor is on your shoulder decreases the time they have to wiggle by 20%. You also break pallets at a decreased speed of 30% while holding a survivor.

Tier 3:

While carrying a survivor, you can break pallets. Breaking a pallet while a survivor is on your shoulder decreases the time they have to wiggle by 15%. You also break pallets at a decreased speed of 25% while holding a survivor. You can also now damage generators, decreasing survivor wiggle time by 5%, and at a 10% decreased breaking speed.

If you have tier three Iron Grasp, it will decrease the wiggle bar increase by 12%

And for clarification just in case, breaking a pallet or generator while a survivor is on your shoulder will bump up the wiggle meter by the given percentages.

Post edited by Shad03 on

Comments

• joha2170
    joha2170 Member Posts: 23

May i use this ?

• Shad03
  • joha2170
    joha2170 Member Posts: 23

If i may ask to redirect you to my post that is before this one called fan chapters, it should explain why im asking this :)

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@Shad03 Just to clarify, when you say that you break pallets at a decreased speed you are stating that you'll be breaking them slower than the standard pallet break speed, correct?

• Shad03

@Peasant Yes, because I can imagine holding something while trying to break another thing can be hard. And I wanted to give some kind of drawback, cause that only really exists in this game as far as I've seen.

• Peasant

@Shad03 Okay, so balance wise, it's an excellent perk. Actual utility though remains rather small unfortunately.

You see, if you're carrying a survivor your primary mindset shouldn't be to go break pallets, it should be to go to a hook. Furthermore, if survivors are near you while you are carrying another survivor and they have pallets they won't drop them early, they'll try to stun you with them which would cause you to drop the survivor you're holding and in general defeat the entire point of the perk.

It has a very niche use, but I don't think it would see a whole lot of use on the live build. I think I'd see Fire Up picked before this in every scenario before Beast of Burden.

• Shad03

@Peasant

I know it's a niche perk, but this can save the killer's time if someone were to say, drop the shack pallet while you are holding someone, it's a rare occurrence yes, but Michael and Spirit can benefit.

They can grab someone, and then hit the gen before going to hook. It can save time.

• Peasant

@Shad03 So it'd be a variant of Mad Grit, a perk that might not see loads of use, but it has some scenarios where it could used if you look at it like that.

• Shad03

@Peasant Exactly, some will find use, others cannot.