Leatherface Buff - A Chainsaw Rework?

Options

Hear me out here; I have been thinking about how some weaker killers like leatherface could be stronger, and I think I've found an answer:

Rework his chainsaw to work like the Hillbilly's in regards to charging. If the chainsaw's charge-up worked in that way, he would be better in so many ways.

Firstly, you wouldn't have to go through the pain of 99'ing the chainsaw and accidentally letting go too early and letting them get to a safe spot, but that's really just a minor thing.

Secondly (and really the basis of my argument), he could chainsaw fake at pallets and not be serverely punished for it. In his current state, he is slowed down to almost a screeching halt when cancelling his chainsaw. However, he should be changed to not slow down when cancelling, but accelerating back to base movement speed like Billy.

Of course leatherface won't be amazing, let alone a Nurse-tier killer, but he would be better in chases and more reliable overall. What do you all think?

Comments

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

The only thing he needs is addon buffs/reworks. I think his chili addons should increase his movement speed while charging the chainsaw as the acceleration is barely noticable.

Award winning chili: 110% movement speed while charging the chainsaw

This will allow him to mindgame pallets and catch up with his chainsaw making him a real threat even near loops.

Other than that he's absolutely fine in my opinion.

• Numinous
    Numinous Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2019
    Options

@Yamaoka

I agree on the addon buffs/reworks, but... if your definition of fine is one of the worst killers in the game, then you might need to be a bit pickier lol

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Options

His speed just needs a bump from 115 to 125 while Chainsaw Sprinting, and speed recovery like you said, you can't touch no one in his chainsaw. Thank you for this.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

I usually 4k easily as Leatherface so it's kinda difficult for me to consider him weak even though most people think he's a joke. But then again most survivors make horrible mistakes allowing me to chainsaw them all the time even after thousands of hours. I see so many former red rank survivors hiding in corners which is a big no no when versing instadown killers.

• Numinous
    Options

@ShrekIsHot

Woah, easy there. He doesn't need a base speed of 125 during his sprint; I usually run the beast's marks addon to catch up fast, but you do have to he right behind them without a speed addon.

• Numinous
    edited April 2019
    Options

@Yamaoka

I usually 4k too because people just have a tendency to give up against leatherface for some reason. He's not even good. Like, AT ALL. Against a competent team, he's bascially a trapless Trapper.

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819
    Options

First fix his chainsaw hitboxes.

• LightsOut88
    LightsOut88 Member Posts: 123
    Options

Bubba is a add-on reliant killer in order to be good. His base kit is absolute #########, hes the most impotent killer in the game imo. I think they need to make all killers at least viable at base kit up to about rank 8, and lets face it! They are not. Leatherface being the least viable among them. Pretty much every killer needs good add ons to regular 4k, but you should be able to do well with them without them and without his addons, Bubba can struggle against rank 15 novices as long as they know to run towards pallets and try an occasional loop. So far the only great liscenced killer is Myers and Im not even good with him.

Im not even sure how id fix Bubba tbh, but the devs should start by taking away his vaJJ and giving him some balls in some fashion.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,226
    Options

1.Change the charge type to be the same as billy's

2. Choose 2.a or/and 2.b

2.a Reduce his charge time to be the same as billy's

2.b Lessen the movement speed penalty during charge time.

Those would be the most requested changes i can think of.

• Numinous
    Options

@Raptorrotas

If he moved a bit faster while charging, he would definitely be a lot better. I think that's his main problem.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,226
    Options

According to the wiki, he averages at about 115%ms during his sweep, this means he doesnt gain on survivors but actually falls behind because he simply slows down too much while revving the saw.

He cannot catch up to survivors running in a straight line unless he'd beeing touching them before starting to charge.

Yes that is probably his main problem.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

He does need buffs right now whenever I have a leatherface ritual I put on insidious, agitation, iron grasp and monstrous shrine and just stay in my basement with my survivor friends.

• EnviouSLAY
    EnviouSLAY Member Posts: 300
    Options

If LF gets buffs his ability to down more than one survivor with his chainsaw at one time should go away then. He isn't high tier yes, but he has a really good ability that is basically just used to face camp. LF will never be a respectable killer until they get rid of his face camp to secure extra kills for altruism mechanic. I'd love to see some LF changes though.

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,807
    Options

His chainsaw IMO is the worst power in the game. With no addons my god does it charge slow and even with add ons it moves like crap. Getting right up behind people and they can still manage to outrun it. All anyone has to do against me is turn a corner and it appears I am clear of any objects but still clip something half the time. Making me need to make wider turns that oh look...cause people to be able to get away. The tiniest variance in movement while active will give them enough time to outrun him. To think I used to think he was strong.

The irony is he seems more like a low terror radius killer given the fact his chainsaw is such trash. If its going to take so long to kick in. He should have the lower TR to begin with. Then see how that works before touching his chainsaw.