Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Ideas for Genrushing

I haven't heard any ideas from the devs about how this problem could be fixed. I've heard a couple from the community, such as adding more base time to gens but I'm a bit on the fence on this. Generators are already the most lackluster part of the game for survivors. I like the idea of adding other objectives, such as some generators at random not being repairable after a certain point until you find a specific part or tool. I think this would add a bit more gameplay for survivors. Another idea I like is that whenever a survivor gets hooked, they get 5% speed decrease to their actions and skillcheck difficulty increases. I really like this idea because it adds more risk to engaging in chases, slows gens without feeling to constraining, and promotes less tunneling since getting more survivors on hooks will slow the game down further but it does fall into adding more time doing gens, the most boring part of the game for survivors. Another idea is that, if a survivor is working alone, the skillcheck difficulty is considerably higher and the more survivors working on one gen, the more the difficulty would decrease. Of course, these are only ideas and they definitely aren't perfect, but I thought they were worth bringing up.

Comments

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615

I feel the complete opposite about the skillcheck thing. Gen rushing is when people focus on the gens one after the other with prior knowledge of where to look for gens and even rush more with more people on a single gen. I say for the more people that are on a gen, the more difficult the skillcheck is. and whenever a survivor is hooked, their repair speed is decreased by 10% at least.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

@CallMeRusty420 said:
    I feel the complete opposite about the skillcheck thing. Gen rushing is when people focus on the gens one after the other with prior knowledge of where to look for gens and even rush more with more people on a single gen. I say for the more people that are on a gen, the more difficult the skillcheck is. and whenever a survivor is hooked, their repair speed is decreased by 10% at least.

With more people on a single gen, that keeps three different survivors from working on three gens and popping off three in one chase. It thought genrushing is when three different survivors all work on separate gens while the other gets chased and by the time he goes down, all the gens are done.