The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Streamer Privileges

I would like an HONEST answer to a simple question.

Why are particular streamers getting special treatment over other people? I've had MULTIPLE friends who have been banned for DC'ing from matches/Toxic Behavior and I've seen a lot of the top streamers since the release of the game have been constantly disconnecting/verbally harassing people without any sort of punishment.

These top people are the reason for a large percentage of the toxicity that has been occurring since the birth of this game. Some of these people that you call "Fog Whispers" have their communities personally attack people on Steam and the Twitch platform. Keep in mind, these are people who you've chosen to represent YOUR company.

Most of them are probably close to the development team and lets be realistic here, I don't actually expect anything to ever be done about this. Wanted to vent my frustration and I hope I'm not the only person who feels this way.

Comments

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

I was hit with a week ban back in October for DC’s. I don’t really even play anymore.

I’ve clocked in maybe 40 hours this year? That’s the most I’ve played in two weeks this year.

They don’t go over the threshold. You say they receive special treatment. Everyone is treated the same.. You should ask for the DC punishment threshold to be changed.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

Nah you aren't alone, sadly I don't expect anything to be done about it because that's how it works I guess...

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

Yeah the issue with the Threshold is that it is based on a percentage rather than a fixed number. Since streamers play allot, usually, they will never reach a percentage threshold.

• baron
    baron Member Posts: 142

The 'system' may be fair but that doesnt mean the people using it are.

• ScoopskiPotatoes
    ScoopskiPotatoes Member Posts: 24

It’s based off playtime- if you play ten matches and disconnect in four of them, it’s going to hurt you more than if you play a thousand matches and disconnect a hundred times. You might see the streamers disconnect, but there are hundreds and thousands of games where they aren’t streaming or you aren’t watching them where they’re keeping their numbers in the safe range.

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    edited April 2019

We all know the only reason they're still even touching this game is simply because it pays the bill, they don't enjoy the game anymore because there is nothing fun about it anymore.

ZubatLeL (Not naming and shaming so chill out) had to take a break and play Apex because he found it hard to even play DBD.

Hell man, you can't even say anything about someone or else you either get jailed or banned.

@Bbbrian2013 That is something that also pisses me off about those guys, they sit there and make these little passive-aggressive comments and then sit there and insult the killer is they even slightly manage to kill them. But they can't even do anything to them simply because they are bringing in the money flow, that's how business works.

@Kilmeran Wait, you mean to tell me that he came onto this very forum and did that? Why is it that someone who is supposed to hold some type of model status can't even act like an adult on the forums? Doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522

In terms of in-game bans, we cannot enforce what happens outside of the game. However, any streamers that are affiliated with us have guidelines to follow and will be warned if they stray outside of them. If the behaviour keeps up we would sever ties with them.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

This is going to blow up again and a certain streamer is going to play martyr again and say he or she is being picked on/singled out and have their male friends rally around to protect him or her.

I am here for it and will live for the drama. 😈

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited April 2019

@Justified, Something else: You mentioned that certain Fog Whisperers will have their communities attack people on Twitch and on Steam. If the Streamer is clearly and blatantly taking such action, file a complaint with Twitch. They will be investigated and potentially shutdown. Twitch allows people on the platform as of the age of 13, meaning there are underaged veiwers and players in Twitch. They have to take action, or risk potential lawsuits.

As an example, a Streamer is not allowed to drink alcohol on the Stream. I've encountered a couple that have done so repeatedly and openly. I filed complaints with Twitch, and in both instances the channels were shutdown.

Being a Twitch Streamer is a business. As a real-world business owner, I am bound by State and Federal regulations. If I go into a partnership on a project with another company, I am bound by those guidelines. Fail to adhere, and there are repercussions, in some cases the loss of your business. The same applies to Twitch Streaming.

So, if they are actually having their communities take such actions on their behalf, go to Twitch about it. That is a huge no-no. Behavior should be concerned as well, since it is happening based on play-time in their game, they've officially sponsored said Streamer, and the player being targeted could be under 18 since Steam is also a minimum age of 13.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

@Jesya It won't.

They won't even know we are discussing this. It's up to bhvr to handle it if they see something is wrong.

• Detective_Jonathan

So you mean to tell me, that this entire time, these Fog Whisperers hold Drinking streams and drink on stream, when it is against TOS on Twitch?

I think this fuels my hate for twitch and the people under it even more. If Twitch is supposed to be your "JOB" then why the hell are you drinking while doing your "JOB" because it doesn't make sense to sit there and have a "JOB" and drink alcohol, thus resulting in you saying things and end up having your channel shut down, thus losing your "JOB"

• Kilmeran
    edited April 2019

@Detective_Jonathan, my 25-year-old son is a part-time streamer just for fun (his real job is store management at Best Buy), and yes: drinking alcohol on the stream is a violation of the Twitch ToS and can result in your channel being terminated. So is using your channel to attack other streamers or viewers.

And due to the minimum required age of 13 to have a Twitch account, I've found that at least in the case of alcohol, if they do catch it while you're Live, or you're dumb enough to post the VoD, they sometimes will terminate your channel.

Just for clarification, my son has never been sanctioned or shutdown. He abides by the ToS, as do a majority of Streamers. But thanks to him, I've read the Twitch Streamer ToS and other documents repeatedly, since I'm considering starting a Stream for my fans (I'm an author by day).

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

@Kilmeran That must not be actively enforced then. I see streamers drinking live all the time. Even big streamers with Twitch staff watching.

One of the big DbD streamers is known for his weekly crazy drunk streams.

• Kilmeran
    edited April 2019

@Bbbrian2013 A lot usually isn't unless they get complaints. Also, yeah, if they're big like Shroud or Disrespect, expect "special rules" to apply. They make Twitch too much money. Such is the world.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    edited April 2019

Also a side note, as much as i hate some streamers, sometimes it's not their fault that their communites raid profiles, they don't have much control over that, they can say to not do it but there's always gonna be some toxic fans who do it anyway.

But for the ones that encourages it and keep trash talking others players (And in a mean way, not a joking way), ######### them.

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519

I see people stating things like "they ruined the fun of others" but what about their own fun? did you consider WHY that person dc'd? I bet if the broken aspects of this game were fixed (instasaw, omega blink, etc.) there'd be a lot fewer dc's. idk a single person who puts someone else's fun over their own, so I'm not sure why you people would expect them to

• Detective_Jonathan

So reporting will do nothing because they'll delete the VOD, unless you take a clip of them sipping Alcohol in that very moment and report it.

Twitch is damn joke dude.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Wonder if i'll get banned for being called a stream sniper.

Happens more often than it should.

• SophisticatedOtter
    SophisticatedOtter Member Posts: 13

On the drinking issue. It’s not a violation to drink on stream unless you are drinking on stream for incentives or you are over the top. Twitch specifically says “illegal or dangerous consumption of alcohol”

• Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403

@Kilmeran Thank you for not buying legion honestly

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited April 2019

You'd think that people that have significant influence over one community, which is your income, would be held at a tighter leash in return for privileges.

• Kilmeran

@Jonathanskilz, Yeah, well, no sooner than I say that I haven't bought them yet, I go and take a short nap, just wake up, and find that one my kids (they're 25, 20, 18 and 9) just gifted it to me because of the current sale. So . . . yeah, I kind'a own Legion now. But in my defense, I still didn't buy him.

• Detective_Jonathan

I made a post one time talking about the topic, And most of them came at me and witch-hunted, harassed me for it. Some of them even made up stories saying i harassed them to begin with. Even when some of them did things wrong in the game, i called them out on it in the forums and it got locked because they said that i made the effort to instigate more action from them.

These guys have made my gaming experience miserable. Saying i am a bad person and that i am not an all around good person to be around. When they don't even know me, i know more about them, just by lurking and watching their stream, to know that these guys are not good people.

They can't even come and talk to you like an adult and reason with you, instead they have to act like baboons and resort to taking things personally and post it on twitter, one of them is even on the forums to begin with.

But is that going to stop me from calling these people out? No, From now on though i am just going to clip it, and then i am going to go out of my way to make sure something is done about these people, every single one of them.

• ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797

There was an Idea!..

To bring together a group of amazing killers...

To see if this game could become, something more..

So when they wanted to play, we could give them the excitement life never could..

IN TIME, You will know what it's like to have privileges.

To feel so desperately that you're right, yet to fail all the same..

Dread it, Run from it, Toxicity still arrives..

Fun isnt something one considers when streaming for money, But Dc'ing against killers and saying "Oops my finger slipped" does put a smile on my face.

• ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797

Yes and it's called a joke, because the streams OP is talking about do some of the things i listed