Genrush, what else?

Options
PunL
PunL Member Posts: 136

I hear so many killers complain about genrush and here i am, wanting to be a good little survivor that killer like to play against.

My playstyle atm is: start the game and do a gen to the first skillcheck. After i search for the hex ruin or just continue with the gen.

Depending on the killer I estimate the chance of needing to worry about NOED. M1-Killer yes, others not so much. Depending on my estimation i cleanse the totems i see or not.

As game progresses and gens get done and people get hooked, i eventually safe them if i see it convinient.

When only one or two gens are left and we have several hooks left, i usually search for reamining totems for extra BP.

When the gens are done i waddle my David King to an exit gate open it and wait for others to join me at the gate, or i try to be the big savior if someone is hooked.

After a lot of text, here is my question:

Am I doing it right, or am I an evil gen rusher? What else do I need to do in order for the killer to enjoy the game?

What am I to do if another survivor is extraordinary good at beeing chased and we did like 3 gens before the first guy got hooked.

Ofc this post is part evil mockery, but partly i really want to know, what killers expect us to do other then gens.

Comments

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

I play the same way do a gen, look for totems, rescue and heal, search a chest, work on another gen, get in a little chase. Open an exit gate die or escape there's not much more to do.

The Main priority is gen's that's why there done so fast

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,667
    Options

If you're playing survivor, bang out as many gens as you want.

Anyone that expects you to play a certain way is laughable, much like anyone that's willing to change an effective playstyle at the behest of others.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942
    Options

There's nothing wrong with gen-rushing. That's like arguing that it's bad for the killer to kill the survivors. Its their objective; don't hate on them for doing it.

• TheRoyalRob
    TheRoyalRob Member Posts: 13
    Options

I see a lot of "made up rules".

Apparently it's bad to (here I will list things for both Killer and Survivor):

1. Tunnel
    2. Genrush
    3. Camp
    4. Teabag
    5. Slug
    6. Play The Legion at all
    7. Loop

I think you should just play the game and have fun. If you're not actively trying to ruin someone else's experience, then you're doing fine.

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

looping is bad? well i'll not try surviving and wait under the hook

• EclipseDarkstar
    EclipseDarkstar Member Posts: 47
    Options

I get frustrated with because of two reasons. One, because it is incredibly strong, and two, because it is essential to the survival of the team. Neither of which I feel should be the case. My solution would be some kind of alternative objective, but I really don't know what that would be.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,098
    Options

It's not a survivor problem. It's a game design problem. There are no limits to how many second chance perks or instaheals can be stacked on a team in a trial (MoM, Adrenaline, etc.), maps are enormous especially if you are on a low map pressure killer, 90% of pallets are safe if survivors loop them correctly (see through walls on Coldwind come to mind), and there are often so many pallets so close together that breaking them just means you'll be breaking another one in 10 seconds. I get super frustrated, but it's 100% on the devs to balance their game.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

the general complaint about genrushing is not faced towards the survivor players, but the devs, who, after such a long time, still havent really fixed the problem.

if you as a survivor decide to do the gens, thats fine. you are just doing your objective and no one should be able to complain about that, but what people complain about is the amount of time it takes you to do so.

games can end within 5 minutes with a win for the survivor side. thats no where enough time to get anything done as killer, which is ridiculous.

TL;DR: ppl dont complain about the survivors, but about the gamedesign

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Options

You are an inteligent survivor @PunL, that means you are dangerous. You go to my list of survivors to mori ASP. See you in the fog ;-)

• laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406
    Options

The genrush is perfect!

Only good people can play killers! not NOOBS!

• Divinitye9
    Divinitye9 Member Posts: 392
    Options

Asking survivors not to do gens is like asking a killer not to kill. That is the entire point of the game.