The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Even Tru3 said he will derank because queue times at high rank is too long

2»

Comments

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Well, how does one represent the game when they can't play it?

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

@Kenshin He KNOWS IT'S WRONG. He's annoyed that he has to do it, but it's the only way to avoid the 30min lobby wait times. The difference is that he plays the match and then disconnects at the very end. Better than just DCing as he loads in. Don't mix him up with those legit toxic streamers who promote and approve it.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

@Orion It's the ranking system. Some people purposefully derank, but there's a good amount who don't.

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912

what are you even on about? he can always play survivor if he doesnt want to switch the game.

• Kenshin

not true, he can still play the game if he switches to survivor.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

What message is being sent with a Fog Whisperer isn't able to access half the game when they wish to?

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

The message that needs to be heard. Behavior has ######### to fix.

• Kenshin

everytime i cant play killer because of queue times i just play survivor instead of disconnecting and showing others its ok. you think its ok if he does it because he is a streamer? interesting view you have there.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

Who cares what that hypocrite says? The guy decries tunnelers when he plays survivor, then tunnels as a killer. He decries anything that hinders a killer and relates it all to DS. Sorry, but MoM is no DS. It is less than DH. As for deranking, glad he has long wait times. Crap killers are making it harder for survivors to rank. If a killer is camping or tunneling, all the survivors will either zero pip or depip. He is part of that problem.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

People are putting way to much stock in this fog whisperer #########. I can't see why anybody cares that he's dcing at the end of the game. The survivors got to play and got there points. He got to play and stream for his audience. He's hurting nobody.

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165

Because when you're holding a specific title in hopes of getting people to know who you are and the thing that you are supporting, it is best to act like an adult, and not some child on the internet.

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

He did say that but he played few games where he used meme builds and DC'd as last survivor died or escaped.

Survivors keep all of their point and he loses some of his rank.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@Orion the problem is that survivors are having a ridiculously hard time ranking up but killer can still breeze through the ranks.

When I wanna de rank as killer I go in as Freddy and just find a survivor and swing at them the whole game.

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540

I agree mate. Some people just seem like they want to find ways to be outraged. Fog whisperer is a made up title for a video game streamer that means almost absolutely nothing lol.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649

I just checked one of his recent killer gameplay. He plays normal and then DCs at the end

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

Yep I just clip this, he DC intentionally due to 30 minute queue at Rank 1. Everything he said is true, its too easy to rank up as Killer (If you're a good Killer like Tru)

• Carpemortum

Even with that, the point remains he intentionally dcs to purposefully de rank. That is literally exploiting the system in place for his benefit.

While also getting him (the good killer) lower skilled opponents as an "unintended" side effect.

• Someissues
    edited April 2019

While its wrong, I keep seeing survivors with rank 1-5, queue with their Rank 20 friends/ alt accounts. So they will get in a queue against Rank 18-20 Killers. Which is worst you think?

• Carpemortum

The one who is selected by the game developers to represent the community, exploiting the system.

The swf ranks is a product of mmr mixing and not using top rank as a base for swf.

• SuperRavenSn1per
    SuperRavenSn1per Member Posts: 34

What do you mean? All they have to do is fix the matchmaking, and punish DCing. The whole reason queue times are so high is because rank 1 people are being paired with rank 15 people, and there aren't enough rank 1s to go around.

• Someissues

I know lol. Now it backfired. I also had to DC nonstop now just to play Killers again, no one would want to wait 20-30 minutes for a match

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649

"Muh he is exploiting the system but the system has feelings."

Seriously, no harm to everyone. The only one who gets the shorter stick is tru3 in this case cuz he doesn't get BPs. I personally don't care if he's exploring the system in order to be able to play in the first place while harming noone.

• NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343

Yeah and? So will a lot of people..

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

Has nothing to do with good. I'm average to above average at killer due to huge color blind hindrance and I rank up easily, even with that horrible MoM perk......seriously, too easy if I'm doing it.

• Carpemortum

Doesnt matter. A Behavior selected representative of the game on stream, is exploiting the system because the devs can't fix it.

That's on them. He shouldnt DC to avoid what the game is giving him. Its EXPLOITING the pip system and you cannot argue that fact.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,290
    edited April 2019

New pipping system is the only issue. Granted there were enough people doing it before but you know it's bad when tru3 is doing it when he so adamantly was against it. Although I think he plays the full game and then DC's at the end so survivors at least get their points.

For the most part people care because if you are a fog whisperer you are endorsed by BHVR and therefore they are endorsing your behavior. DC'ing tells the audience that it's okay which a lot of people don't like.

There are some streamers who were constantly DC'ing before this issue and that's what a lot of people were on about. Personally I think the DC'ing would go away if BHVR worked towards a big quality of life improvement update that addressed a lot of complaints players had instead of cranking out DLC. That's of course just my opinion though.

• Sythalin
    Sythalin Member Posts: 280

Video proof of popular streamer of them purposely DCing and announcing vocally in said video to purposely DCing.

Chance of being banned - 0%

If it were anyone else, this thread would've been locked and the person banned within the hour. But remember, streamers don't get special privileges!

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/404332

• RoMainPuppy
    RoMainPuppy Member Posts: 507

Honestly there'd probably be less dc's in general if they idk, addressed the things that make some people d/c? (I'm not talking about the people who d/c who they're the first one's found or the first ones downed, unless they spawned like right next to the killer)

If they also made rank matter people would probably also d/c less.

Like it says something when a person who is vocally against deranking has to derank to play one side of the game, "fog streamer" or not. How is he supposed to adequately represent the game if he can only play one side?

• Carpemortum

By adequately representing the fact that r1 killers cant find games because the devs have things to work on.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited April 2019

I have to agree with @Carpemortum on this one. Regardless of his reasoning, regardless of how vocal he may or may not have been about DC'ing in the past, he is now exploiting the system for his own benefit: faster queues.

On top of that, he is a top rank player who will de-rank into brackets against far lesser skilled opponents, thereby again abusing the system as this will directly benefit him even more. He'll do extremely well against these opponents, earn even larger bloodpoint pools as a result, and be able to obtain even more items off his bloodwebs than he might have against equally skilled opponents.

Whether or not facing lesser skilled opponents is part of his motivation (and it doesn't seem to be) is irrelevant. That is the exact result of his choice to de-rank.

As a top streamer for this game, and as a Fog Whisperer with the ear of Behavior to boot, what he should have done was stop streaming DbD and stream another game until Behavior sees fit to fix the serious problem they've created through their own poor decisions and implementations of an emblem scoring change.

Behavior made this mess. This mess is still festering and growing. All they can say is "eventually." So, the professional thing for him to do would have been to stop marketing the game for them until they fix the problem. Especially since Behavior's conscious decision to change the Emblem scoring system and allow this extremely flawed system to remain in place (when they've reverted matchmaking back and forth several times already), has also affected his business, because a 30-minute queue prevents him from playing a game and entertaining his viewers.

He's a popular streamer. His viewers are there for him for the most part. They will still support him while he streams another game until Behavior makes DbD playable for him again in the proper manner.

• RoMainPuppy
    RoMainPuppy Member Posts: 507

But they should already know R1 killers have problems finding games, as it's been a problem for months (except for when the had the new matchmaking system up, which had it's own set of problems) before the new pipping system and has potentially become worse (or at least more obvious) since.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

Matchmaking = Game breaking bug

Been the case for a while but nothing has ever been done to fix this.

• DraxColdheart
    DraxColdheart Member Posts: 24

Dcing doesn't really derank you, if you close the game and reopen it you will get back your pips and be the same rank from when you started dcing. Even standing in a corner doing nothing and getting no points doesn't derank you. It might look like it does but you get all the pips back when you reopen the game

This discussion has been closed.