The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

New Killer Idea: Scream

So I had an idea for a new killer: the ghostface killer from Scream. The killer's special ability can be to remove his disguise and blend in as a survivor for a limited time and thus stab people in the back.

Comments

• Guertena
    Guertena Member Posts: 392

This idea already exists.

• Grandkurama
    Grandkurama Member Posts: 314

Legion is a Ghostface in disguise

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504

SWF kills this idea, unfortunately.

• RockRage8962
    RockRage8962 Member Posts: 46

As fun as Ghostface would be, there's a major issue with licensing for Ghostface. While the character is owned by Wes Craven, who sadly passed away a few years back, and I'm not sure who owns the copyrights to the character now, the mask is owned by a separate copyright holder. The only possible workaround I could see would be using the MTV version of the mask, but even that might have licensing complications.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

There's a theory Ghostface was supposed to be the killer that came out instead of Legion but there was too many problems with him so Legion is the result of a rush job using some of the stuff they setup for Ghostface. Devs haven't acknowledged or denied it, but that theory makes a lot of sense if you look at things.

• RockRage8962
    RockRage8962 Member Posts: 46

I have my doubts about this, but given the similarities between the two, it wouldn't surprise me if Legion was the result of an idea they toyed with for a potential Ghostface killer. Keep in mind, something similar happened with Hillbilly, who was very similar to Leatherface, as the devs wanted Leatherface in the game way back in the beta days, but couldn't pursue the license at the time, and so they made their own version of Leatherface instead, resulting in the Hillbilly. Though the rush job theory does hold water, as coincidentally enough, Leatherface was meant to be a full chapter and not a paragraph, and Kate Denson was going to be paired with him, but due to the next DLC chapter releasing less than a month later, they rushed out the DLC, turning Leatherface into a paragraph DLC, and gave him most of the Hillbilly's add-ons to compensate, since both use chainsaws, and would work universally.

If Ghostface were to enter the game though, it'd be very likely he'd have to be made differently from Legion, since Legion is already very similar to Ghostface in many ways.

• KormitLeFrag
    KormitLeFrag Member Posts: 14

Heres an idea:

Ghostface - Scream

can call people in an aoe/ calls a random survivor on the map, gives off an audio cue until they turn the phone off

another idea is that, instead of an audio cue, it gives them all a difficult skillcheck, if they ♥♥♥♥ up then they get a "Thats the wrong answer" and they a revealed / exposed for a bit

Perks: 

I Wanna Play A Game

Do You Like Scary Movies?

Hello, Sidney

one of these could be the ability to hide in a "closet" (so, lockers in this case) and conceal your terror radius and allow you to jump out

another would be obsession based

map: i wasnt too sure, since the movies would only give us maps like Maddonfield

however i was thinking a street with a large theatre on it

survivor: dewey (cop) / sidney / randy

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

Not another knife wielding killer please

• Mcfred
    Mcfred Member Posts: 152

ummm...if you were playing against SWF this wouldn't work because they would simply ask a question in which they say "point at me" and if you don't point....they know it's you. also this would go on the creation thread

• Rezna
    Rezna Member Posts: 2

maybe add the killer from "I know what you did last summer" has a hookc can be hook based, also shrouded by a black cloak.