Red Ranks

Comments

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

Red ranks is cancer. I rather stay on the green. And don't remember going against red ranks.

The only ones who can complain about going against rank 1 are newbies with not much hours played. Those who have over a thousand hours played and were rank 1 before can't really complain about it unless they admit they suck at the game and the rank 1 they got before wasn't earned xD

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited April 2019

I play both in red ranks currently. I'm getting matched with mainly purples, greens and below. There are much fewer survivors in red ranks, but I don't solely hold the new pipping system responsible even though it does have a lot of issues. The average survivor is pretty bad and there were a lot of people at red ranks in the old system that shouldn't have been there.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Red rank killer, I've only played 1 match vs all red rank survivors since the updates. Rest of matches against purple and green, occasionally 1 red.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

The problem with ranking to reds as survivor is the new system requires a good killer for survivors to rank. They need to be chases, make rescues, heal others, do gens and totems. If you have a tunneling killer or a hard camper, you can't get half of what you need. So you can be great at looping or juking, but not get the chance unless you are willing to throw the match and wait your turn with the killer.

Thus, less opportunity to rank.

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

With the current pipping system and the camper/tunneler-killer-meta you cant maintain red ranks, thus hardly purple ranks.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    edited April 2019

Currently sitting at rank 4/5 as both Survivor and Killer. You basically have to be a god each match to pip at this rank.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited April 2019

No wonder I’ve been getting more sweaty 3-4 man SWF groups that normal. I’m at rank 7 as Killer. I’m actually seriously starting to consider letting the Survivor finish all five gens, get their points, and then leave so I can lose two pips and lower my rank. I really don’t want to because I don’t like DCing, but I also don’t want to go up against sweaty groups 24/7.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Usually red rank, but I am waiting for the game to be fixed in many aspects before I consider touching it again.

It's been about 3 months now.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

As a red rank killer I only face purple/green survivors now for some reason. Occasionally I’ll get a stray red rank survivor or a SWF red squad but it’s quite rare now.