The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is slugging considered holding the game hostage?

Title

Comments

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

No, because they can bleed out, which means you can't hold them there forever.

• SamuraiPipotchi
    SamuraiPipotchi Member Posts: 100

Typically, no. But if you're the only survivor alive and they're heavily spamming mori or refusing to hook you while everybody is downed (assuming they clearly know where you are), I'd say that that could be considered a form of griefing.

Basically, it depends on the circumstances.

• mutabletiger4
    mutabletiger4 Member Posts: 185

I was killer, I know slugging is boring but I was trying to get more points and I was going for a 4k. I got a message afterwards with the survivor telling me I was holding the game hostage. Just wanted to make sure

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

No.

• NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343

It's a strategy. But if you're gonna slug and there is only two of us left I will DC so the remaining person can get the hatch. It's also a strategy.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

@NoxiousOnnyyxx So youd throw ALL of your points away, to MAYBE give someone else 7k extra, just to spite the killer? Instead of wait the what, minute or two?

Why?

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

No, it is not. Slugged people will die eventually, so no holding anyone hostage there.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

No. They bleed out eventually.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Nope, it also is a very effective way to slow your game down.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

I propose we officially change the term from “slugging” to “gummy worming”. They’re so bright and red!

And when you’re on the hook you get to watch all the yellow gummy bears run around......

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

Agreed. If DC were a “strategy” then you would be awarded at least some amount of points for it.

• PeepingPeacock
    PeepingPeacock Member Posts: 354

No, as long as someone is gonna die or the body block is to buy time its not holding the game hostage.

There's a person hooked outside and you body block 3 people in the basement until they die? Not holding the game hostage

Someone with a bear trap on their head gets body blocked in a corner and the killer waits until it pops? Not holding the game hostage

Regressing Gen thats near done and the killer somehow body blocks the survivors to stop them from tapping it until it hits zero? Not holding the game hostage

Person in basement and the killer body blocks until gates open and they get NOED? Not holding the game hostage

Killer blocks basment for no reason other than to force the survivors to d/c? Holding the game hostage

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

No, because they still die. Thus the game ends for them.

Hostage is standing the basement entrance and never moving so they can't leave. If they never move. That would be an example of hostage, refusing to end the game. Kind of like survivors not leaving.

Technically they can block till NOED pops and it wouldn't be considered hostage, because they did in fact kill you. However, this is just a D-Bag thing to do.

• Davy_Jones
    Davy_Jones Member Posts: 4

Slugging is not holding the game hostage, but take care, If you do that against a streamers, you can be banned.

I know a case of guy that slug a twitch streamer on live and this streamer had a dev as viewer. The dev asked the profile and banned the killer. This happened in March, last mouth.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

@Davy_Jones who was that? I find it highly unlikely they would get banned for simply slugging.

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814

No, as it can result in dying. Bodyblocking for very long periods of time to make you dc can be considered holding game hostage.

• NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343

The killer doesn't deserve it. If you're gonna slug, then their gonna get the hatch. I'm not waiting for you to search the damn map. Like no hook me or lose your hooking points.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

Slugging is fine. Sucks to be person 3 but if the killer wants to go for a 4k after playing legitimately then more power to them. If I am number 3, I will crawl away looking for that hatch though.

What is not okay is what I call prolonged slugging which is basically slugging taken to the extreme - it’s acceptable when there’s just 2 people left, not so much when everyone is still up and you camp that 1st slug trying to catch more. It’s so not fair and not fun, especially for that 1st slug, who you probably denied decent blood points to making the match worthless for them.

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814

@pemberley fun is subjective. Setting bait is the best hunting method.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
  • OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

No and slugging is a good tactic, if survivors complain, just tell them to run an anti slug build, slugging is the meta at the moment.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Insecure BM tryhards like to slug, but it's in design and not holding the game hostage. You're just forcing another player to sit and do nothing for four minutes in a game with no compensation. You should try getting slugged yourself sometime, it's boring.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

You guys do realize tryhard is a compliment right? I'm just picturing someone walking up to me and yelling about out determined to win I am with an angry face. Like, wanting to win and trying your best to do so isn't a bad thing or a character flaw. That feeling of victory is why many people including me play games in the first place.

• dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 568

no it isnt. they will bleed out in the end anyway just prolonging the game. let me guess the survivors was probably salty lol. if they said that ignore them

• mutabletiger4
    mutabletiger4 Member Posts: 185

Yeah, that's exactly what happened. I find it amusing when someone takes time to message me because they're mad about a game

• GrootDude

@darktrix it is rare you’re actually slugged for the full four minutes. Btw I’m a survivor main and I have been slugged a lot, try hard is a compliment if you ask me.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

Of course not. You don't have to pay atention to the survivors opinions at all, they are just meat for the slaughter. You only need to listen to their screams

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    edited April 2019

That is just another survivor trying to mess with you. Take a look at this image and remember never to take a survivor seriously again. We killers have to take care of each other. Have fun.

• GrootDude

@RoKrueger you can take me seriously.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Note to self: Tapping generators without ruin is against the rules

• Grim
    Grim Member Posts: 250

It's silly some survivors have this mentality. I guess hooking someone is holding the game hostage, too.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

As said above if you were the only person left alive and they're refusing to Hook you or mori spamming you you could possibly put that under griefing thing but it's not taking the game hostage.

Taking the game hostage only implies if you put someone in a situation where they could not continue the game or continue to the next game without disconnecting.

The body body blocking somebody into a spot permanently or a survivor going into an unreachable area.

If there's a way you could die it's not consider taking the game hostage.

For example

A killer body blocking the basement whilst three people are hooked down there to stop the fourth from saving them isn't taking the game hostage.

If a piggy traps you in an area when you have an active reverse bear trap until it kills you it's not taking him hostage.

Slugging to prevent Hatch is also not taking the game hostage.