Dear Fellow Console Users

Options
fcc2014
fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
edited June 2018 in General Discussions

Some of us feel betrayed or unloved by BHVR. The new chapter was revealed to pc on May 29th it is now June 25th. We have all heard it was a large patch that includes financial transactions which made it a long certification process. Ok i completely understand that. The problem is they "could have" released the chapter and removed the shard cap for all users across all three platforms at the same time and the PTB could've instead been used to test the store with pc still getting it first and console waiting on the store patch. I think that would have made better sense and the community wouldn't have felt as upset. The "curtain call chapter" wouldn't feel "old" already. It was poorly planned and executed. What can we do about it? We can complain all we want they won't listen this hasn't been the first time and most likely won't be the last as history usually repeats itself. Here is what you can do: DON'T BUY AURIC CELLS!!!!! If you want to buy the chapter go ahead or grind it . Use self-control and DO NOT BUY AURIC CELLS. You may say "hey i want shirtless David" who doesn't (actually i don't). The idea is the pc people bought their Auric cells so they have probably figured out an estimate of what to expect when console gets the store. LET'S MAKE OUR VOICE HEARD, Do NOT BUY THEM!!! I'm not saying forever just for a time a week, a month, 2 months, However long you can hold out to prove to them this treating CONSOLE like Second Class Citizens NEEDS TO STOP!!!

I personally will grind the chapter. I don't care about a white shirt for Kate.

I also won't buy the Auric Cells at this point i don't see anything special that i "need".

YOU CAN MAKE AS MANY POSTS AND COMMENTS ABOUT BHVR ALL YOU WANT BUT THEY WILL NEVER LISTEN.

MONEY TALKS!

Post edited by fcc2014 on

Comments

• Eclipseknight
    Eclipseknight Member Posts: 9
    Options

Wasn't planning on buying auric cells anyway since I plan on switching to PC sometime lol.

• ceridwen309
    ceridwen309 Member Posts: 502
    edited June 2018
    Options
    They could release it "all at once"....but I honestly  worry about a redo of Freddy backlash. That was one of the reasons the ptb was pushed forward.

They stated that due to ptb(on PC only...sadly.) that they would do it first....and then "simultaneous release" of updates for systems after. (At least what I can recall...may be wrong.)

They were obviously not "prepared" and could still do way better at "open communication". (This is me being nice. Which may not last if public relation nightmares keep happening like this. I know the company is small, but a lot of trouble could of been avoided. Live and learn I guess.)

I only hope that they finally do learn and try to gain understanding, and truly start being way more transparent. I'm tempted to ask if they are looking to hire a PR manager, or a diplomat.
  • ceridwen309
    ceridwen309 Member Posts: 502
    Options
    fcc2014 said:

@245_Trioxin said:
    The PC update was June 12. It's been 2 weeks. Stop blowing this out of proportion. If we get it this week on console, then it's right in the time frame that BHVR stated. 

Apparently you can't read the chapter first came out on the ptb on the 29th. I was stating they should have instead released the chapter on ALL platforms at the same time(smaller patch) everyone happy. The ptb could have still been used to test the new chapter and store with console getting a later release and access to the store as that patch would've have taken longer.

Ah, you propose to split up the huge update into smaller manageble parts.

That would be very nice if properly planned.
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    Options
    you will patiently wait for the clown and like it
  • lemoNN
    lemoNN Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I have played on console and I feel ya. But can we really blame BHVR? Like they would need to do so much to actually remove the shop and then readd it to the console version. What I don't understand is, why are we complaining about the chapter and why aren't we complaining about the gameplay. My ps4 barely gets 30 fps. I don't understand how you console guys play killer at all.
  • Jeeperrs
    Jeeperrs Member Posts: 46
    Options

It runs fine on my Xbox One X, if all you do is pay attention to the pixels and framerate than thats probably why your sucking. It's not the hardware or software, it's the user.

• fcc2014
    Options

@245_Trioxin said:
    fcc2014 said:

@245_Trioxin said:

The PC update was June 12. It's been 2 weeks. Stop blowing this out of proportion. If we get it this week on console, then it's right in the time frame that BHVR stated. 

Apparently you can't read the chapter first came out on the ptb on the 29th. I was stating they should have instead released the chapter on ALL platforms at the same time(smaller patch) everyone happy. The ptb could have still been used to test the new chapter and store with console getting a later release and access to the store as that patch would've have taken longer.

I can read. I also have a very solid understanding on how these businesses work. To boot, I understand that the PTB and the actual release are two very different things.

Looks like we have one thing in common. We're both literate. 

Getting all worked up when the update isn't actually late is a ridiculously immature and entitled thing to do. Trying to get other players to boycott is even worse. 

Again it is not about being late. The patch will get done when the patch gets done. I'm not arguing about that. It is about the execution of the plan. Smaller release and holding off the store would have saved a lot of anger. Console constantly gets short changed. My post was about making our voice heard via our wallets.

• fcc2014
    Options

@lemoNN said:
    I have played on console and I feel ya. But can we really blame BHVR? Like they would need to do so much to actually remove the shop and then readd it to the console version. What I don't understand is, why are we complaining about the chapter and why aren't we complaining about the gameplay. My ps4 barely gets 30 fps. I don't understand how you console guys play killer at all.

It should have been a smaller patch chapter release and cap removed say end of may for june release. PTB a little bit later with the store for pc to test and also test and fix bugs in the chapter. I agree by the way the frames are garbage at times against certain killers and maps. We also need a real reporting system.

• 245_Trioxin
    245_Trioxin Member Posts: 171
    Options
    popoles said:
    fcc2014 said:

@245_Trioxin said:

I can read. I also have a very solid understanding on how these businesses work. To boot, I understand that the PTB and the actual release are two very different things.

Getting all worked up when the update isn't actually late is a ridiculously immature and entitled thing to do. Trying to get other players to boycott is even worse. 
    Well, you have to admit, that the PC users can enjoy the Clown for almost a month, but console users are left out with no updates on this situation.
    It's a very common practice in PC gaming. PTBs and PTS's are in a lot of games. Other communities don't make a huge fuss about it.

I'd rather know that we're getting a proper update on console, because of the PTB, than to get a bug-ridden update that went through zero rebalancing.

If we don't have it by the end of next week, then make a fuss. But, as it stands, it's only been ten business days (QA, testers, and auditors don't usually work on weekends). 
  • 245_Trioxin
    Options
    Jeeperrs said:

Never trust anyone that says they have a solid understanding on how these businesses work. LMAO
    Even Elon Musk knows that by now. And not_queen herself in the most recent post said that they are using the PTB to publish new updates, so how the heck do you think that makes them very different things? lol
    You can probably read but you sound like you have a big ego and it's causing something to get stuck up your butt. If the Devs themselves are apologizing because the update is LATE then it is actually LATE. If this is the kind of business your running you should get fired because you are unqualified. Expressing frustration and anger in this instance from players is totally acceptable and qualified.
    The only thing here more ridiculous other than your two-bit opinion, is that they are shooting themselves in the foot considering they are boycotting themselves by not having released the update in a timely manner which would of been making them money. So on the console side they technically have been losing money since it did not launch on June 12.
    Seriously whatever business your involved with you should get fired.

I should be fired because I understand that auditing and testing takes time and that a test environment and production environment are two separate things?

I don't care if you believe me or not, because reality proves you wrong on every conceivable level in this instance.

It will more than likely show up for consoles this week. Tomorrow night on PS4 would be my guess. I'm pretty sure that BHVR saw that coming as well, seeing as they have the shrine closed until the 29th due to the updates.
  • fcc2014
    Options

245_Trioxin said:

It's a very common practice in PC gaming. PTBs and PTS's are in a lot of games. Other communities don't make a huge fuss about it.

I'd rather know that we're getting a proper update on console, because of the PTB, than to get a bug-ridden update that went through zero rebalancing.

If we don't have it by the end of next week, then make a fuss. But, as it stands, it's only been ten business days (QA, testers, and auditors don't usually work on weekends). 

We are not getting a proper update. PC is reporting all kinds of issues.

• MrsMaliciousX
    MrsMaliciousX Member Posts: 736
    Options

@ZombieGenesis said:
    Honestly I vowed to stop spending money on DbD back when they screwed Freddy up. This has done nothing to win my $$$ back. I like The Clown and Amanda and now I can unlock them by grinding. BHVR is going to need to pick things up if they want me to even think about dipping into that $500 cash pool of cosmetics they have sitting in the new store.

Amanda can not be bought with shards lol.
    You have to pay actual money for licensed killers

• 245_Trioxin
    Options
    fcc2014 said:

245_Trioxin said:

OK, but if they had rushed it out on console to match the PC release, it would have wound up worse for console.

Keep in mind that the console release was not originally planned, and only happened because of people asking about it week in and week out. It's a pretty shoddy port, to be honest, and if they did rush things out to it, it would be in a really broken state.

All I'm saying us that a little more patience is worth it. I'm really willing to put money down that it is going to drop very soon. 
  • lemoNN
    lemoNN Member Posts: 43
    Options

@ZombieGenesis said:
    Honestly I vowed to stop spending money on DbD back when they screwed Freddy up. This has done nothing to win my $$$ back. I like The Clown and Amanda and now I can unlock them by grinding. BHVR is going to need to pick things up if they want me to even think about dipping into that $500 cash pool of cosmetics they have sitting in the new store.

Amanda can not be bought with shards lol.
    You have to pay actual money for licensed killers

Every killer can be bought with shard, my good sir. The only thing you can't buy is cosmetics for the licensed killers.
  • only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178
    Options

@Jeeperrs said:
    It runs fine on my Xbox One X, if all you do is pay attention to the pixels and framerate than thats probably why your sucking. It's not the hardware or software, it's the user.

You know they released and sold it on the base models too, right? Not just the Pro and X variants. It should be optimized correctly like other PC ports.. Warframe for example.

If all you do is pay attention to yourself, you will eventually try to have sex with yourself...that's probably why you're sucking. It's not the hardware or software, it's the user.

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    Options

this "controversial" post is flagged.  this has gotten ridiculous and i hope they see right through this crap.
  • fcc2014
    Options

@ThePloopz said:
    I thought this was gonna be a juicy thread judging by the title. It certainly did not disappoint

It turned into something that is for sure.

• Jeeperrs
    Jeeperrs Member Posts: 46
    Options

@only1biggs said:

@Jeeperrs said:

You know they released and sold it on the base models too, right? Not just the Pro and X variants. It should be optimized correctly like other PC ports.. Warframe for example.

If all you do is pay attention to yourself, you will eventually try to have sex with yourself...that's probably why you're sucking. It's not the hardware or software, it's the user.

Well thats your problem then isnt it??? Like I said its not the hardware or software, ITS THE USER!
    Let me dumb it down for you, if all you can afford is a Volkswagen, dont expect it to run like a Lamborghini!

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    Options
    fcc2014 said:

@ThePloopz said:
    I thought this was gonna be a juicy thread judging by the title. It certainly did not disappoint

Did you see the newest rumor in the other thread?
  • fcc2014
    Options

@ThePloopz said:
    fcc2014 said:

@ThePloopz said:

No, what now?

• MinusTheBillie
    MinusTheBillie Member Posts: 349
    Options
    This post is absolutely ridiculous. Just be patient. The team has been clear on the situation. No need for hissy fits. 
  • 245_Trioxin
    Options
    fcc2014 said:

@245_Trioxin said:
    fcc2014 said:

245_Trioxin said:

OK, but if they had rushed it out on console to match the PC release, it would have wound up worse for console.

Keep in mind that the console release was not originally planned, and only happened because of people asking about it week in and week out. It's a pretty shoddy port, to be honest, and if they did rush things out to it, it would be in a really broken state.

All I'm saying us that a little more patience is worth it. I'm really willing to put money down that it is going to drop very soon. 

I'm sure we are getting it this week too maybe tomorrow who knows. They had 5 months between chapter releases. Come on at some point stop making excuses for BHVR. When has any patch release not broke something else. We could have handled it we always do. Do you remember the hook lag bug? The game was almost unplayable if you got caught by the killer. I'm on PS4 and not Xbox but i have heard some complain certain maps are unplayable. This has nothing to do with not having patience it is about making sure BHVR knows we are not pleased and will make it known through them not making the money they expect. We are 2/3 of the community. PC came first and may have helped fund the game to move to console. Console has had a lot to do with the game growing and more chapters added and even this new store. Money is Money no matter where it comes from if they want CONSOLE MONEY THEY NEED TO TREAT CONSOLE EQUALLY.

I don't think me saying the port is shoddy is defending BHVR. I'm saying I'd rather know the update isn't going to make the game unplayable, which could happen if they rushed it, because the port is shoddy. 
  • ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    Options
    fcc2014 said:

@ThePloopz said:
    fcc2014 said:

@ThePloopz said:

No, what now?

That supposedly on the sony side of things the patch was rejected and was resubmitted. And is set to come out July 3rd
  • fcc2014
    Options

@ThePloopz said:
    fcc2014 said:

@ThePloopz said:

fcc2014 said:

@ThePloopz said:

No, what now?

That supposedly on the sony side of things the patch was rejected and was resubmitted. And is set to come out July 3rd

LOL as a PS4 owner it wouldn't surprise me but all of the rumor about certification being done not done is exhausting. I really wish they had thought this through and done it as i laid out.

• 245_Trioxin
    Options

this "controversial" post is flagged.  this has gotten ridiculous and i hope they see right through this crap.
    Oh well... Feelings before facts. You'd think I kicked their dog or something.

Meanwhile they guy telling me that i should lose my job because I'm good at it has zero flags. GG :) 
  • 245_Trioxin
    Options
    popoles said:
    fcc2014 said:

@245_Trioxin said:

Well, you have to admit, that the PC users can enjoy the Clown for almost a month, but console users are left out with no updates on this situation.

If we don't have it by the end of next week, then make a fuss. But, as it stands, it's only been ten business days (QA, testers, and auditors don't usually work weekends). 
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    ThePloopz said:

not gonna lie.  a lot of very nice spazzing in here.  a proper sequel to the other assorted bedlam.  truly a gift.
  • 245_Trioxin
    Options
    This post is absolutely ridiculous. Just be patient. The team has been clear on the situation. No need for hissy fits. 
    Oh look! Another flagged post. :|
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    ThePloopz said:
    fcc2014 said:

@ThePloopz said:
    fcc2014 said:

@ThePloopz said:

No, what now?

i swear i just heard a sizzling sound like frying bacon.

epic.  

i can't wait to see the other thread now.