Best Map in Design

PunL
PunL Member Posts: 136

I don´t know how many times it has been brought up, but i have not seen it since i joined.

Which is your favorit map? My main concern lies in balancing, but be free to explain your choice.

For me its Yamaoka Estate. I feel like this map is pretty balanced. It´s small-medium-ish but with a lot of really good hiding spots for survivors. Also it feels like the distribution of pallets is pretty fair. I really do enjoy playing on this map as killer as well as survivor.

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Thompson House.

Free hit in the house and they always think i suffer from corn vision, even after i clearly show off i don't.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

I enjoy all MacMillan Estates. Mostly because it coincides with my Trapper Main background.

I also enjoy both Red Forest maps. Just because it feels right for me.

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

The Clown Map seems pretty fair.

Suffocation pit too.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Yamaoka estate has like no pallets. They added more in the recemt update but it's still non existent.

My favourite in LOOKS is Autohaven wreckers, Blood lodge. It looks so creepy and ghostlike, I love it.

Design wise, the game it's very balanced for both sides now, still aids if it's a Nurse but not half bad, and with balanced landing, it's an effortless playground for survivors.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

Balance wise it's the clown map. This map feels really fair for both sides. All newer maps are trash btw

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

Coal Tower is pretty balanced imo, the main building isn't that annoying to face and theres some good loops around too. Pretty fair map for both sides imo

• PunL
    PunL Member Posts: 136

What are you opinions on Haddonfield?

I would say its pretty survivor biased (except you´re a Trapper :P ), i dont enjoy this map at all playing killer it´s like 4 accessable houses and each contains a major loop, espicially if you are running BL.

@Poweas i still hate playing on this map, maybe it´s the thing that small game is not very reliable and the totem spawns are still quite good and hidden, or maybe it´s that i dont run BL very often.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Springfield. Very fun to me on both sides and decently balanced imo

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
  • xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917

As survivor blood lodge

As killer the game

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

The Game & Lérys.

You can easily lose orientation on those maps which makes it so much more interesting to me. Rotten Field is also nice for that matter.

• LordziPL
    LordziPL Member Posts: 590

A Campbell's Crotus Prenn. Balanced pallets (before 2.6.0...) , map is beautiful , the carnival, Fortune Teller, Horse and music is perfect ^^ We need more "interactive maps" with some addons like Campbell, the Game or Temple of Purgation

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

Lery's! I love indoor maps and i'm so sad we only have 2 in the game :(

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

In terms of survivor I prefer the hospital map, since its fun to look for totems and generators, and killers like Michael myers, or even the pig are more fun to play against since you never see them coming.

In terms of killer I prefer the game, since it is easier to memorize generator locations, and know where the pallets and windows are, however the map lacks lockers.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

I think for me it's Suffocation Pit. I like the look of all MacMillan Estate maps, but I enjoy a lot the design of this one.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Haddonfield and clowns map

Haddonfield is great in design and basement is in a great location

Clown is also greatly designed and a test about new mechanics

• Turretcube
    Turretcube Member Posts: 460

Lery's Memorial Institute, i love this map when playing both sides. All of the wall's, corridors and rooms make for interesting chase's and moment's. It's not to large either. The design and theme is also a very nice change amongst most of the other maps. Just not sure if that's ash or snow outside.....

It doesn't appear as often without offerings, which isn't a surprise given the number of map's, so i'm always grabbing the offerings and spending them when i can.

• SilentGhostPL
    SilentGhostPL Member Posts: 16

Gideon meat plant just cause of the linearistic design and cuz it's small

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

Thompson's house is my favorite but I don't think it has the best balance.

Most of macmillian and autohaven maps are pretty good and balanced imo.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@PunL I think Haddonfield was balanced a while ago, but ever since Balanced landing became meta, it's gone off the charts OP for survivors and definitely needs a revamp.

Also, run Balanced landing and go to The Game for one match, and you'll see what I mean. It's so strong, it's ridiculous.

Then run Object of O with Balanced landing and go to Haddonfield, and go to the infinite (Myers house I think), and run that. Literally 3 gens can go before they even hit u, and then use Adrenaline to escape.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

I like Father Cambell's Chapel. It decently sized and have two large unique areas that have no overly powerful loops.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824

I think the Clown map is the best designed.

As for what I enjoy playing most, Crotus Penn, even as killer. It’s just a very cool map.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

Were it not for the hideous red-blend, i would say that Ormond, but as it is, find it among the more unpleasant to play.

As far as most balanced, I would agree with Father Campbell's chapel

Absolute favourite as Killer would have to be Shelter Woods, as ironically, there is No Shelter ...

:)

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Visually, my favorite is the Temple of Purgation, followed by Mother's Dwelling. The Red Forest is just gorgeous; it's probably the rain.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,904

As survivor my favorite is Haddonfield.

As killer its Lerys or the Game for my spooky Myers build.

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532

I love Lerrie’s. It’s the best hide and seek map and has the most horror atmosphere.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

I like the Thompson House, any of the MacMillian estates, and most importantly, Gas Heaven.

My most hated maps? Any of the Swamp maps.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

Red Forest. It's just a nice looking map in general.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,710

I used to hate Badham preschool, but now the map might honestly be one of my favorites. Nothing that really goes out of your way to affect player visibility, minimum infinite loops, and a pretty managable size.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

I really like Rotten Fields.

In fact here is an image of me chasing a Claudette!...I mean....I think I'm still chasing her...

• WatchBloodRain
    WatchBloodRain Member Posts: 175

The game is my favourite map even as a survivor, small double story can't tell where the killer is due to that, could be above you, just adds more thrill to the game

• Kim
    Kim Member Posts: 76

Visual wise probably Lery's, Lery's just has this creepy look to it from the massive hallways to the claustrophobic rooms with flickering lights make it a very immersive map. Gameplay wise for me probably the Temple, because its a large map with a massive building for both people who are good at being chased, and people who are good at stealth.

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

Lery's is cool design wise but my favorite map is definitely Temple of Purgation or the Asylum

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504

This is going to be unpopular but I really like either swamp map, but particularly Grim Pantry. I like the swamp maps mostly because of the really dense patches of reeds that turn survivors all but invisible.

I run Balanced Landing often and the amount of time you can waste at the big building on Pantry is insane.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Coal Tower is for sure the most balanced map. In general, the MacMillan maps are well designed.

On Coal Tower, you can do well with every killer, which is a rare thing. It's also fair for survivors.

• Knuckles
    Knuckles Member Posts: 218

I like the layout and looks of Red Forest. All we need to make it better is a little thunder and lightning to go with the rain!

• Blue_Diamond
    Blue_Diamond Member Posts: 122

I love the Gas Haven

The main building just speaks to me for some reason.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

The Game, Father Campbell's Chapel and maybe Lery's.

Nice design, not cancerous loops, pretty good maps. Well, good when I don't play Nurse.

• Groxiverde
    Groxiverde Member Posts: 767

I love The Game's design and Lery's too. I would love to see more indoor maps where if you hear the heartbeat you don't know where it is coming from