Little Buff on Hope perk

Options
Didiez
Didiez Member Posts: 51

I was thinking about this idea in particular and I think that would be a cool addition to the game. So the Hope perk activates for 120 secs and you have the Haste effect (7% speed boost). So its a ok perk but it's useless on the first minutes of the game. So, to do it more useful, we could add a 2% of speed whenever a gen is done (this boost only activates while in a chase) for 40 seconds. I don't think that this addition needs to have a cooldown cause if your teammates do two generators you will have a 4% of speed boost. Can you guys help out to improve this idea ?

Comments

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

What happens if your team 99% the gens and then pops them all at once? 17% speed boost? That's enough to outrun any Killer.

Also I wouldn't have a chase requirement, it's just silly and reduces the utility of an already weak perk

• rangerdanger0
    rangerdanger0 Member Posts: 41
    Options

When has ANYONE ever popped all the gens at one time lol

and IMO, Hope is fine as is. It gives you JUST enough speed to be able to outrun most killers at the end of the game and I think it works well.

• Didiez
    Options

They could do that but would waste time and the survivor would probably go down by the time. I forgot to mention that the chase part is not a part from it, just another idea.

Thinking about this 17% speed boost, it could have a maximum of 3 stacks for every 40 seconds. So if the survivor do three generators you will have a maximum of 8% speed boost

• Didiez
    Options

Hope is fine but just on the end of the game .. I think that would be cool to have a little of haste in the middle of it. If we have a PTB showing this perk change, then we could see how this change impacts the game overall

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527
    Options

I agree,Hope gets outclassed completely by Adrenaline.

I think a maximum of 2% mvm speed after a gen is completed would make Hope a great perk.

• Anevian
    Anevian Member Posts: 47
    Options

What if it was something like:

After a generator is completed, hope is activated for a duration of 10-15 seconds (keeping it at the 5/6/7% movement speed or perhaps lowering it overall since it has much more up time potentially) at the cost of reducing the time of it being active in the endgame by 30 seconds or so. Or perhaps have the midgame movement speed be something like 3-4% but also have the perk give ~10% action speed while active as well.

Just some thoughts. Though I could see a 4 man swf being able to communicate with their runner to stagger gen pops to get the most time with it in a chase.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

When Pig was first released waiting until all gens (or most) were at 99% WAS the meta. If a perk that could benefit the idea was implemented it would be a very easy thing to bring back.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

I feel it would be beneficial if they merged weaker perks together to sort of buff the perk AND reduce the amount of clutter we get in the bloodweb.

For example merge Hope and No one left behind.