About Ash y Williams

Remisee
Remisee Member Posts: 133
edited April 2019 in General Discussions

On the PS4 the new charracter cost 500 auric cells but no Sharps? So you saying that the next Chapters will only cost real Money from now on? Will be there in future coming an Update for purchasing it with Sharps because like literally every DLC can purchased with Sharps.

Comments

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    edited April 2019

No, Original characters can be bought with shards. Ash is not an original character, he is licensed, therefore you cannot purchase him with shards, you must pay the money. Future original characters will be buyable with shards

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

All licensed characters can only be bought with aurics.

• Remisee
    edited April 2019
  • Remisee
    edited April 2019

Would be cool when all Charracters would be buyable with ingame Money.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited April 2019

@Remisee As others have pointed out (and you acknowledged) licensed characters can only be purchased with real money. The reason for that is because the licensor gets a royalty percentage of the MSRP for each unit sold. So, allowing them to be purchased with Shards would not be allowed per the royalty clause of any licensing agreement.

• Remisee

I know its because of the Money for those Companys. But just meaning that it WOULD be cool if all Charracters would be buyable with ingame Money.

• Remisee

Maybe like after a Year of those Contract between those Companys, all Charracters would be buyable with ingame Money. Would be an Idea. I would even see this as a Refund for Freddy.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

@Remisee Is a happy thought, but I've worked on many licenses over the course of my career. Would never happen. Those royalties are locked in for the term-life of the contract. If Behavior did ever want to allow folks to use Shards for them, they'd have to pay the royalty for each of those purchases out of their own coffers as though the customer made a real money purchase.