The ranking system is....######### but no one cares

Well since rank gives nothing, im not gonna write much but...

Why in a game,you do 3 gens, never get hit, downed, escaped throught the hatch and then LOSE a rank...makes no sence at all. killer got 10k points for a 3 man basement camping bubba, i got second with 9k. Not a long game but still deranking makes no sence at all.

Comments

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Because ranking wants you to play a specific way.

So in a perfect scenario =

• You need to do 2,3 gens
    • Have a pretty good chase with a killer
    • Help 2-4 survivors (safe hooks unless you want to be sad)
    • Escape
  • SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited April 2019

It's not that we don't care (I ######### hate this new ranking system and want it removed ASAP), but the devs are trying to force us to play a specific way instead of allowing us to choose our playstyle.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

You need to play stealthy also. Losing the killer and evading LOS while inside the TR.

• lewfairbrother
    lewfairbrother Member Posts: 44

This is the problem, players don't want to be forced to play a certain way. I for 1 couldn't care less about ranking systems, I just want to play and enjoy the experience. The beauty of this game was the simplicity:

If you're a Survivor - Escape

If you're a Killer - Kill Everyone

But the issue now is you get penalised for not playing a certain way and end up being paired with noobs.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Attempt at behavior (or Behaviour) modification of players. Instead of improving mechanics, it is easier to try and give a very small carrot and use a very big stick liberally in order to play the 'correct' way.

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

Easy fix to that just play the way you want to play :) as in just do what you want to and just have fun that's what I do.