The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Reducing the grind

Hey guys,

as we all know, with every DLC the grind grows. Not only are there new characters to level up, there are new perks to unlock for other characters.

So here is my idea:

• Increase the Bloodpoint caps (so 32k is not the max anymore)
  • Increase the Boodpoint gain

So for example:

A gen done by a single Survivor is worth 1250 points (without skillchecks)

The increased version could give like 1875 points.

A single hit for a Killer is worth 300 brutality (without the early increased gain)

The increased version could give like 450 (the early increase changed to 750)

Now think of every action that gives points and increase it equally. Currently these numbers are an increase of 50% in BP gain. Increase the caps for 50% too, that would make a MAX of 12k per category, making a new MAX of 48k per game.

Of course this is just a thought, the numbers are something I made up in a few seconds.

This would reduce the grind while not affecting gameplay or affecting the bloodweb directly.

What do you guys think? If the 50% is to much, what about like 25% (40k Max)🤔

Answers

• PeepingPeacock
    PeepingPeacock Member Posts: 354

Just giving more bloodpoints is a bit of a problem because it means that powerful items and addons become more common and easy to get for people that already have all the perks they want.

Really the issue is perks, they have to be easier to obtain because those are the things people want to grind for and take forever to get.

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I enjoy the grind!

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited April 2019

Until about a year ago when I stopped playing the genre, I played MMOs since 1999 when EQ1 came out. Let me tell you, I've played some grindy games in my time.

Dead by Daylight, at this point in time, would make an Asian grinder throw up their hands and walk away. Something needs to be done. On top of that, it's not just a grind, but a grind completely governed by RNG. It's asinine, especially with DLCs being released so often.

• N_o
    N_o Member Posts: 28

Just remove the perk tiers. Once you get a perk you should just have the best version of it. There are way to many perks now for that style of system.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

As a person who enjoys Asian MMOs, I strongly disagree. DbD's so called "grind" is nothing compared to other games. If we were talking about P3-50ing every single character, that would be possible. But getting all perks on a single character, or getting a solid perk build on a specific Killer, you can do that within a very reasonable time. I have played games with single questlines which take longer than getting a character to level 50 in DbD.

Now, I am not saying they shouldnt adjust it. To be fair, DbD is most likely targeted to (mostly) Americans, probably the culture that dislikes grinding the most out of all (or at least the most vocal about it).

• Kilmeran
    edited April 2019

@PigNRun You do know what sarcasm is, right? Or that the Asian grinder portion of my post was obviously tongue-in-cheek about the DbD grind?

Amazing, that that was your big take away. No wonder I'm about to give up coming to these forums.

And for the record, when you only have a few hours a week at the most to play DbD, no, you cannot get all perks on a single character in a reasonable amount of time, considering first you have to unlock all the god-damned teachables. For those of you who play several hours a day, or play it as your career as a streamer, it's different. But that's true of any game on the western market for those people.

The average gamer doesn't play several hours a day.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

Must be nice getting an easier grind when there are others who worked there ass off and put in the years only to be in the same boat as the person who started 2 months ago. I sense another legacy coming?

• ApeOfMazor
    ApeOfMazor Member Posts: 471

If you can only commit a few hours a week then just suck it up and accept you will never have everything. Complaining about not having everything is what has killed many games when they try to adapt to people who barely play.

• Kilmeran
    edited April 2019

Never mind. Post withdrawn. I'm wasting my time explaining stuff to people with zero internal knowledge of the game industry.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

This is a strawman argument.

The issue is the fun of the grind versus the amount of time it takes to complete it, not gaining everything in a short period of time.

If the grind was fun, the time needed to complete it wouldn't be an issue.

Because the grind is random and not fun, the length of time is an issue.

• imlegion
    imlegion Member Posts: 62

They need to do more double bloodpoint weekends that would help quite a bit

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

@T0xicTyler the grind is really long when you have all the perks unlocked. If you want all the perks in the game on 1 character you basically have to get all the perks 3 times in the blood web which is a lot of points to spend. And that's only if you have all the teachables unlocked, it's even longer trying to get the teachables as well.

I like the grind otherwise but it's a long grind if your not playing every day.

@LCGaster I really like the idea of having more than 2 perks in the blood web. They could even change it to allow someone to grab both perks before the entity is summoned.

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504

The problem is that we WOULD only see Claudettes all the time for Self-care! There's no way I would drop the current grinding system for something less that would reduce re-playability for veteran players.

I know how the grind is, trust me. I still love it! I'm still in the minority, I suppose lol