Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Increase of maximum controller sensitivity on PS4

Hi guys,
since my beginnings in DBD this has been bothering me. From all the shooting games I have played using my PS4 controller I am used to having a fairly high sensitivity for it since I like to be able to quickly react to something happening suddenly, whether it's behind or above me, or just quickly make a turn-around to check what's going on in my surroundings.
DBD has a comparably low cap on the maximum sensitivity. Looking at the freedom of speed the PC users have with their mouse, this really bothers me. Often I can not turn around fast enough to make a sensible decision for my next step when being chased, and when I do turn around, I get stuck on something I bump into because I couldn't turn around in time to see the obstacle. And I am not even talking about the quality of the 360's compared to PC.
So what I would suggest is to increase the maximum sensitivity, what do you guys think? Any thoughts on this?

Comments

• Caver12
    Caver12 Member Posts: 44
    I too have a problem with the maximum controller sensitivity. As a killer, I sometimes can’t even keep up with a survivors 360! With all of this being said, would survivors be able to 360 even faster witha higher sensitivity? If that is the case I would rather they keep it where it is at.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    yeah, i recently put both at 100% again.  backed off before but now after a year of playing this, i feel i am ready for max sensitivity.  it really isn't that much though.  s'aight.  as mentioned above, prolly be worse trying to hit survivors.  pc has epic survivor 360 ability.
  • unclevincent
    unclevincent Member Posts: 40

@Caver12 said:
    I too have a problem with the maximum controller sensitivity. As a killer, I sometimes can’t even keep up with a survivors 360! With all of this being said, would survivors be able to 360 even faster witha higher sensitivity? If that is the case I would rather they keep it where it is at.

But the killer could keep up with the 360s because he would have the same possibilities with his sensitivity. It is a skill thing to keep up with the 360's, has nothing to do with the sensitivity, as long as both killer and surviver would have the same.

• RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850

Definitely agree, maybe then I'd see Nurse on ps4 more than once a month. I've even sunk enough into her to put her at p1-50 but rarely even play her due to this.
    Higher sensitivity is a must, console killers are already at a disadvantage due to the bad FPS/optimization, at least this would help with control on some killers.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

It should definitely be higher.

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

Posted this on the steam suggestion forum over a year ago.

Probably not going to happen.

• Caver12
    Caver12 Member Posts: 44
    RuneStarr said:

Definitely agree, maybe then I'd see Nurse on ps4 more than once a month. I've even sunk enough into her to put her at p1-50 but rarely even play her due to this.
    Higher sensitivity is a must, console killers are already at a disadvantage due to the bad FPS/optimization, at least this would help with control on some killers.

I miss some serious hits due to the fps spikes sometimes.
  • DRAGOON
    DRAGOON Member Posts: 126
    edited June 2018

have any of you guys played with a aftermarket controller? I was using a nacon pro revolution v1 (for the macros) and the sensitivity was too much in dbd. i had it on the default sensitivity settings in the controller software and even had to turn down my survivor camera sensitivity a bunch. I couldn't figure out a good setting because I was not hitting my flashlight saves anymore (it was aiming at the sky or just really off by how sensitive the stick was). but doing 360's seemed a lot easier and also nodding was a lot faster lol. I had to switch back to my default controller because flashlight saves was more important, I may go back to it if i can find a decent compromise (and i miss clicking my flashlight hellafast with the macro lol!)

so generally increasing the sensitivity in this game, flashlight saving and controlling the camera during a chase is something to consider because its hard to be precise with the stick.

• unclevincent
    unclevincent Member Posts: 40

Haven't had the opportunity to try an aftermarket controller yet, might be something worth considering. I would also in general suggest to not only change the maximum sensitivity, but maybe also the analog-stick translation curve. Would be interesting to be able to choose from different settings there.

• pandorayr
    pandorayr Member Posts: 603

The console players play with gamepad need more time to reaction after each blink, major sensitivity to rotate camera vision with nurse more fast, make a experience with gamepad nearby to keyboard and mouse, play with gamepad has many limitations.

I think the solution it's increase maximum sensitivity to the game, I have it to maximum and need more.

This is optional I don't think it will hurt any players experience.