Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Theorycrafting playstyle and builds for post-rework Legion

rooCraah
rooCraah Member Posts: 138

So I saw the form post on the Legion changes a few hours ago, and spent some time going over them and imagining what it would be like to play as new Legion (and playing a few Legion games where I only use M1 to down survivors, like new Legion will do), I feel like new Legion will be quite fun, and have some similarities to Pig, Plague and Doctor.

• First thing that jumps out is the fact that the new Feral Frenzy/Deep Wound is not at all meant to down survivors. It has 2 roles: quickly injure healthy survivors to cut down chase length, and stall survivors by forcing them to mend. With the Deep Wound timer pausing when mending and when in the killer's terror radius, it will virtually never down a survivor on its own, but survivors still have to take 10+ seconds to mend themselves, on top of healing themselves.
  • Feral Frenzy will also be a tool used to find survivors. It already has this role, but with Legion's terror radius being increased from 24 to 32 meters, this aspect of his power is receiving a considerable buff, to the point he'll arguably be more effective than Doctor at finding survivors (assuming you find the first on your own).
  • The threat of Feral Frenzy offering the Legion an easy way to injure survivors encourages them to not heal, and instead do generators while in the injured state. This aspect of his power is very similar to how Plague encourages survivors to do generators while sick rather than healing. However, instead of the downside to healing being giving the killer a ranged attack for 60 seconds, the threat is spending 16 seconds to heal a health state when the killer can put you back to injured with minimal effort.
  • Importantly, playing while injured was an effective strategy against pre-rework Legion, as depending on pallet&window access, Legion was often forced to use Feral Frenzy to down you despite you already being injured. However, staying injured will be considerably more dangerous against New Legion, as he has a much easier time downing you without using Frenzy due to his 115% move speed.

So how does all this come together? Well, for starters, his power will heavily incentivise injuring multiple survivors at a time with Feral Frenzy, as any wounded survivors will have to take 10 seconds to mend themselves, and then decide whether to take another 16/32 seconds to heal or stay injured and risk being easily downed if the killer returns.

The reduced movement speed bonus of Feral Frenzy means that after wounding a survivor, if you don't see another survivor you plan on wounding, you should immediately cancel Frenzy and chase the survivor like you would with any other M1 killer. If you catch them fast enough, you can then choose to either hook them, or see if you can chase down the other survivors you had injured with Frenzy.

Because the Frenzy bar needs to be full before it can be used, if you think you cannot reach a healthy survivor before Frenzy runs out, you should immediately stop Frenzy so that it recharges sooner.

As for builds, I've so far theorycrafted what I feel will definitely be one of the strongest Legion builds post-patch: Enduring / Spirit Fury / Sloppy Butcher / Infectious Fright

• Freddy will now have to deal with pallets in the same way that other 115% killers, and Spirit Fury / Enduring can help quickly clear away pallets from the map.
  • Whenever you use Frenzy, you should strive to injure as many survivors as possible. Sloppy Butcher is there to extend the time it takes to heal, however if it turns out that the meta is to stay injured, Thanatophobia might be stronger.
  • The perk I'm most confident about being good on Legion is Infectious Fright. Because you're using your power to injure multiple survivors at a time and then chasing only one of them, survivors revealed by Infectious Fright will typically be ones who you had previously injured with Feral Frenzy. It won't be out of the question to find two survivors at a generator, Frenzy and injure them both, go after one and down them, and see the other revealed by Infectious Fright, letting you down both easily.

Other perks I feel will be strong on Legion include Whispers, Monitor&Abuse, Thanatophobia, Deerstalker, Nurse's Calling and Discordance (and obviously BBQ for BP).