Red Stain being able to be seen through walls

It has been in the game since the beginning now and I think it is time for it to go. On low quality settings the red stain is clipping through walls and everything, so of course everyone who is mildly good at it runs low quality options to be able to see it.

It isn't a pressing issue but an annoying one for sure.

Comments

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

It helps a lot with looping since it shows you the red stain even through solid walls, thus giving you an edge.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

Then make looping harder?

Looping is already easy as fk.

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464

The red stain is a good mind game tool for the killer which i love to have fun with BUT this particular problem must be fixed AND the walls on the farm maps should be solid.

The amount of "safe" pallets and gyms is too much.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Didn't they say they were going to do something about this ages ago? It's a very well known bug and why a lot of people play on low settings.

I don't expect them to fix it anytime soon to be honest just like the cold wind farm walls being see trough.

• Remki
    Remki Member Posts: 24

I don't mind being able to see the red stain through walls, because it's a good way to mind game as killer or as survivor, it gives you an idea of where the killer is while looping, so both sides can benefit from it.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Not really. This isn't like slatted walls in coldwind. This is turning game settings to low so you can seem through solid walls. Killers can't really mind game that. Also the stain isn't radial its only in front of the killer so you can tell which way the killer is facing from the stain. It don't take a genius to notice a red blotch moving backwards.

• Remki
    Remki Member Posts: 24
    edited April 2019

Oh, I misunderstood what you said, I could definitely understand the problem, turning down settings for that purpose is kinda #########.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

This is something I really thought they would've fixed by now. In maps like lery's it's such a pain having to walk a long wall only for the survivor to know which way your going and be gone by the time you get in the room.

This discussion has been closed.