Why do killers leave lobbies when survivors join?

Options

Real Question. What reason do killers leave the lobbies? Is it because the survivors look a certain way or because they have certain items? (no saltiness just genuine question)

Comments

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    Options

Yes.

Or if they appear to be swf.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

Yes. Say there are already two people with toolboxes. Now a third surv with a toolbox joins. A lot of killers will leave now because the match would be too unbalanced.

It could also be because of a bad ping, of course.

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068
    Options

@Trikset I try not to rely on shoddy connection. Bad game ethic.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

Some reasons I’ve seen are as follows

(1. Swf)

(2.paid cosmetics stupid I know)

(3. Items)

(4.recently lost to someone in the group)

(5. A player in the lobby is known for dcing)

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Options
    • SWF or appear to be SWF
    • Everyone has items
    • Names ("____ = DC" or if the name sounds toxic)
    • Have faced a survivor from the group or have faced all of them and had a bad experience
    • Could be a glitched lobby and the killer happens to leave when you join
    • Friend's online and they'd like to play with them
  • Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    Options

the main reason seems to be if the survivors look like a challenge then lobby dodge

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    Options

@Speshul_Kitten Because no one wants to sweat their nuts off.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    Options

Im a ash main and when i enter a lobby the killer directly leave when they see me "hail to the king babe"

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,523
    Options

From my experience, a lot of Ash's play like potatoes. I kinda veer the other way!

Personally, a team of flashlights would previously make me go for my Franklin's Legion build, but in light of the changes - DODGE.

• Milkymalk
    Milkymalk Member Posts: 217
    Options
    1. 3+ toolboxes either means genrush or mass sabotage.
    2. P3 Claudettes everywhere! If I can't expect to see you, I won't play against you.
    3. 4-man-swf joining with everyone in camo colors and only one surv in shiny cometics with a flashlight. This is the typical "3 scrubs with their rank 1 captain" setup: He tries to get your attention and loop you through all the pallets on the map while his teammates do gens.
    4. Several Feng Mins with Shibuya masks. Dunno, this somehow screams "I want to sh*t in your face because I am cool!"

Conversely, the higher the amount of male survivors, the more likely I am to play this match. Because it signals "we are not tryharding and optimizing our wireframe by playing the smaller female survivors".

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,100
    Options

Just like the other say swf i normally close the lobby if i gone up against the same people in previous games or if their ping are bad cause i know I'm gonna get a txt saying my internet bad when other pings are in the green/yellow

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

The same reason people dc.

They can't accept the game is what it is.

Unbalanced or not, fun or not, the devs can't get stats to change things without simply playing.

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819
    Options

Its because killers are twisted creatures.