Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Devour Hope and NOED

Taelance
Taelance Member Posts: 100

What is the point in NOED 2/3 and Devour Hope 2/3???

You don't use NOED for the speed boost and you don't use Devour Hope for the Haste.

You use them for the insta-down. Or for devour hope for the mori.

Just wondering what is the point in the upgrades. NOED 2/3 achieve nothing other than countering hope a bit more.

Comments

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

to give upgrading it an actual effect

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Both of them are solid perks. NOED is an extremely reliable counter to genrushing, and Devour Hope is amazing on tryhard beads thrill of the hunt Spirit.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

There’s a few perks that don’t gain much going from 1-3 discordance is similar, once you’re notified there are multiples it doesn’t matter if it stays litnfor 8 or 12 seconds

• Taelance

@Poweas

completely misunderstood what I said.

• Taelance

@NuclearBurrito

It has the effect that everyone is after at level 1.

You after the extra 2% movement speed.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
  • Taelance

@Poweas

no they are good, especially if they get activated. But don't understand the point in having level 3 devour hope over level 1 devour hope.

They both give the same buffs, the insta down and kill. But the level 3 just gives a matter of percentage of extra movement speed. Seems pointless.

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043

I feel this way too, there seems to be no point since they did that "balancing" to make all perks viable at tier one. I literally only have Tier 3 DH and NOED on some of my killers purely because I got these back when tiers made a difference (and you had to get tier 3 to get NOEDs exposed effect). I kind of wish there was a better "haste" perk for slower killers, I know people say PWYF but that's basically useless for me compared to other perks I can run. Maybe Tiers of perks should just be removed all together if there's no difference between the levels, just messes up the bloodweb grind further...

• Taelance

@Poweas

not saying it should not be permanent just saying it is now pointless to upgrade these two perks as they only give a minimal amount of movement speed extra.

When a few patches ago they gave the actual thing you were after.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

Slower killers need as much of a speed buff as possible because time is never on their side.

• Endorb
    Endorb Member Posts: 151

Yeah it really is an artifact mechanic for those perks right now.

That said, if you're facing the choice of the third seal vs upgrading NOED, do you really want third seal? I'd argue it's fine to make those into 1 level perks, but in the current state there are reasons to chose it