Adding incentives to play ALL survivors

Heard a very interesting idea from a known dbd streamer recently and honestly I think it'd be a great addition and easily possible to add. Passives.

If you're someone who has every survivor, every perk, and are just going through the motions now you have no real reason to play anyone other than you who visually want to look like considering all your perk choices are essentially the same. Why not add a reason to play other survivors? I rarely see anyone running around as Quentin, Tapp, Laurie, Adam , or Jeff (just from what I've seen). Add a very small, very miniscule, non-gamebreaking/unbalancing stat to each survivor based on their character to promote "playing the field."

Some characters are designed to run, some to hide, some to take a hit and keep going, etc...Stick a 1-3% increase to anything from vault speed, repair speed, healing speed, and so on to give people a reason to play as other survivors. Probably never going to happen but tbh it'd convince me to try everyone and build them according to what they're already good at.

Comments

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,221

This has been requested so many times.

There are very serious issues with it though. Namely the fact that some Survivors would be seen as meta, and anyone who doesn't play them will be absolutely torn apart by their teammates.

Let's say Claudette has a faster healing speed and Jake has a faster repair speed. Why would you play anyone else when these two have literally all the power. You most likely wouldn't. And if you did, do you realize just how much hate you would get before the game even starts?

Just do what I do. Run DIFFERENT perks for each Survivor based on who they are.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776

This has been discussed over and over and over

You can't make survivors unique because everyone will just play the strongest survivor, just like Claudette is the most common survivor because she is black with dark clothes that blend into the the game well.

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938

I for one love using Jeff. However, I've been playing a lot more Nea to get Balanced Landing. I'm halfway there, the the grind to actually get the perk begins. (Hopefully I can get 2k shards by the end of the week for Lithe)

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Cosmetics are my incentive.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

well you will see alot of claudettes just like killers youll see alot of nurse and billy

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238

Sounds nice on paper, but in "totally not competetive reality" there'd be a meta established FAST. Especially if it would involve movement speed or health.

Idv has passives for survivors and most people go nurse (healer) or gardener (saboteur). In the 2v8 mode the oracle who has an item to walk through walls (no matter how wide) gets abused around a river on one of the 2 maps for that mode.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
  • danara
    danara Member Posts: 129

I think it would be a nice idea to switch character so up a bit, people are saying that it would switch up the meta to only claudettes/jake etc which is true, but in reality the game is already filled with Claudettes everywhere.

Yes there are meta sheep who will use whichever survivor has the best bonus but you have to remember that not everyone enjoys the same things, some people might enjoy a build for repairing gens quicker with resilience etc, a medic build for Claudette, or even a chasing build if there was a small boost to vaults to a certain survivor (maybe Meg or Feng?) Everyone has a different playstyle and this change would help enforce it.

and lets not forget the diehard mains. I know I still wouldn’t choose any other survivor over Meg even if she had the worst bonus of them all. It would just be a nice addition to make survivors unique.