Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Legion Changes => Borrowed Time

Hudson
Hudson Member Posts: 93

Hi,

I just would like to know, if there are plans to split borrowed time and the deep wound again.

I guess the actual planned changes to deep wound (that the timer stops ticking when in the terror radius) will also apply to borrowed time, right?

1) I already thought that borrowed time got a bit of an unnecessary buff when it was linked to deep wound and stops ticking down when being chased. I still think even borrowed time should not allow survivors to do instant unhooks. If the new change for Legion also applies to borrowed time, survivors dont have to hasitate about instant unhooks, since the borrowed time will be like a free complete heal right on the hook.

Hooking a survivor should slow down the survivor team, but with borrowed time you basically instantly unhook your teammates and the killer starts a complete fresh new chase with two fully healed survivors.

I understand, that this perk shall be a counter to tunneling, but this should not be done at the price of rewarding unsafe unhooks.

2) I generally don't like that a survivor perk is directly connected to a killers power. You cannot balance one of them without tweaking or buffing the other. I think this is kind of odd.

So, will borrowed time be buffed again with the upcoming Legion changes?

KR,

Hudson

Comments

• Kagrenac
    Kagrenac Member Posts: 773

Yeah borrowed time got buffed unnecessarily with Legion and now it's a ridiculously powerful perk when before it was balanced.

Ever since the mid chapter Spirit patch things have gone off the rails

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

The only change is that Killers cannot moonwalk anymore. Which, besides Legion, was not really used at all.

• Hudson
    Hudson Member Posts: 93

Nope ... it also means that they can do other stuff and don't need to mend if you start another chase near them.

And it also counters disstressing (is it that one with the higher terrror radius? ).

At the moment, you also can use high walls in loops to break the chase and force the survivor to start mending. This won't work any longer now.

And I generelly think that the deep wound effect buffed borrowed time already too much.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

DW should give some kind of repair debuff so it's advised to actually mend yourself