The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Troll chat / Pre/Post game

Hey guys,

How would you feel if the chat function before and after games was removed? I think it would go some way to reducing some of the negative toxicity that comes out of the game some times.

Comments

• Russ76
    Russ76 Member Posts: 306
    it would probably help.  From what i have seen people aren't nearly as toxic on xbox but then ot takes a bit more to message someone as well. 
  • TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

@Russ76 said:
    it would probably help.  From what i have seen people aren't nearly as toxic on xbox but then ot takes a bit more to message someone as well. 

Yeah only way to really do it on PS4 is to literally find them out on PSN and message them prvtly. I play both PC and Console and I really wish the chat wasn't on the PC version.

• JusticeZERO
    JusticeZERO Member Posts: 173

@Russ76 said:

I've been an xbox killer main for awhile I find the toxicity to come in waves and the highest i've been is rank 14 so i don't know much beyond that. At rank 20 i would get a LOT of messages (I play as pig and freddy mainly) even when i would get 0 kills (I play for fun and try not to get too upset when I'm beast-ed on) I'd still get messages. Teabags all over the place on PC and XBOX but I will say I've got some people being nice in after game chat on PC that I don't think on xbox i would have got a message about.

Hows about an opt out feature? When you enter after the pre-lobby or post-lobby a message comes up in chat for those that have opted out of chat "XXXXX is not in the chat"

I know some streamers would probably use it since some people know they have an audience and just want to say messed up/racist/sexist things.

• TeambossFloze

@JusticeZERO said:

@Russ76 said:

I've been an xbox killer main for awhile I find the toxicity to come in waves and the highest i've been is rank 14 so i don't know much beyond that. At rank 20 i would get a LOT of messages (I play as pig and freddy mainly) even when i would get 0 kills (I play for fun and try not to get too upset when I'm beast-ed on) I'd still get messages. Teabags all over the place on PC and XBOX but I will say I've got some people being nice in after game chat on PC that I don't think on xbox i would have got a message about.

Hows about an opt out feature? When you enter after the pre-lobby or post-lobby a message comes up in chat for those that have opted out of chat "XXXXX is not in the chat"

I know some streamers would probably use it since some people know they have an audience and just want to say messed up/racist/sexist things.

I think an Opt-out feature would be a good idea.

Also i'm a streamer myself and I would definitely opt out of the chat for sure

• Russ76
    Russ76 Member Posts: 306

@Russ76 said: 

i respect the killers and get onto any survivors I see Tbagging.  Some killers may be new or just having a bad day.  if killers are taunted or made to feel small they may just leave and never come back to the game.  i do admit i also get onto killers who sit there and just keep hitting the survivors that are in struggle mode, especially if they are the last survivor.  

anytime someone messages me and says get good i just feel bad for them as something is obviously missing from their lives
  • JusticeZERO

@Russ76 said:
     anytime someone messages me and says get good i just feel bad for them as something is obviously missing from their lives

I totally get this and yeah I feel like its that or they are 10 years old all jacked up on mountain dew

• JusticeZERO

@TeambossFloze said:
    I think an Opt-out feature would be a good idea.

Also i'm a streamer myself and I would definitely opt out of the chat for sure

I mean the mechanics are there to some extent because its not in the console version of the code at all so they either have it deleted or disabled (Id guess)

• TeambossFloze

@SenzuDuck said:
    Just GG and move on, it's really not hard. You can also press the arrows and hide it for yourself.

Some people are a lot more sensitive than that, they may of experienced bullying, they may be Experiencing bullying and last thing they need is more insensitive comments thrown there way. not many ppl can just GG and move on.

• TeambossFloze

@SenzuDuck said:
    TeambossFloze said:

@SenzuDuck said:

Just GG and move on, it's really not hard. You can also press the arrows and hide it for yourself.

Some people are a lot more sensitive than that, they may of experienced bullying, they may be Experiencing bullying and last thing they need is more insensitive comments thrown there way. not many ppl can just GG and move on.

You can literally hide the chat and never see it again. I love the opportunity to compliment a killer or a survivor. Or tell them how annoyed one survivor made me. It’s fun.

Could you assist me on how to hide the chat entirely please

• Cypraz
    Cypraz Member Posts: 136

I agree just remove it because people tell others things like ######### and there are no consequences. Get rid of it!

• TeambossFloze

@SenzuDuck said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@SenzuDuck said:
    TeambossFloze said:

@SenzuDuck said:

You can literally hide the chat and never see it again. I love the opportunity to compliment a killer or a survivor. Or tell them how annoyed one survivor made me. It’s fun.

Press this button.

Will this stay hidden forever or just for that moment?

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

Alas, curiosity kills the cat, no?

"But brain, what if they're saying stuff that isn't toxic? I'm missing out on conversation"
    Reality hits
    Me then:

• TeambossFloze

@SenzuDuck said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@SenzuDuck said:
    TeambossFloze said:

@SenzuDuck said:

Press this button.

It should be hidden until you restart the game, lol.

lol ok so it's a band aid fix - at least it's there I guess...kinda...thankfully I play mainly on PS4 and its not on there

• TeambossFloze

@SenzuDuck said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@SenzuDuck said:
    TeambossFloze said:

@SenzuDuck said:

Press this button.

lol ok so it's a band aid fix - at least it's there I guess...kinda...thankfully I play mainly on PS4 and its not on there

How is it a band aid fix? You literally don't have to read chat, and it's not even on PS4 so why are you advocating to remove something that's not even on the platform you play on?

1. because as a killer you'll come out and see the chat anyway, and plus it comes back as you said when you restart the game.
    2. because I do play PC at times, and also I recognise the negativity that giving trolls the platform to voice there opinions does - and i'd rather do something about it thatn just hide and ignore it and pretend its not happening.
  • Senorcrack
    Senorcrack Member Posts: 5

You still get toxic messages on PS4. The message tab keeps a list for you of who you should mori !

• TeambossFloze

@SenzuDuck said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@SenzuDuck said:
    TeambossFloze said:

@SenzuDuck said:

Press this button.

How is it a band aid fix? You literally don't have to read chat, and it's not even on PS4 so why are you advocating to remove something that's not even on the platform you play on?

1. because as a killer you'll come out and see the chat anyway, and plus it comes back as you said when you restart the game.
    2. because I do play PC at times, and also I recognise the negativity that giving trolls the platform to voice there opinions does - and i'd rather do something about it thatn just hide and ignore it and pretend its not happening.

Or, you hit the button every time you start the game. If you're not reading the negativity that's directed at you then it doesn't really matter. I honestly think it's ridiculous that words on the internet, that can be completely hidden from yourself when you start the game are so upsetting to you. Let them talk #########, you aren't reading it, and they aren't getting the reaction from you that they want, simple.

You are right, I totally agree - let them say what they want you cant see it and cant read it. but a lot of people do see it, a lot of people do read it and it also upsets a lot of people.

• TeambossFloze

@SenzuDuck said:

@Senorcrack said:
    You still get toxic messages on PS4. The message tab keeps a list for you of who you should mori !

I guess we should remove PS4 messaging too, just incase.

If you are set to private you they cannot contact you so that works yes.

If it stops at least 1 person being upset due to another's spiteful behaviour then i would advocate it to be removed

• TeambossFloze

@SenzuDuck said:

@Senorcrack said:

Just so you know, you seem like a pretty sensible guy/girl - we are having quite a sensible discussion on -

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/36037#Comment_36037

Id welcome your thoughts on there too.

• TeambossFloze

@SenzuDuck said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Senorcrack said:

If it stops at least 1 person being upset due to another's spiteful behaviour then i would advocate it to be removed

Or, if people are that upset - they'll remind themselves to hide it when they start the game. ITS THAT EASY

I totally see your point its the whole - don't like something block them problem solved right? what i'm talking about tho is on the wider scale - you don't solve anything from hiding from it, toxicity in general needs to be tackled head on

• TeambossFloze

@SenzuDuck said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Senorcrack said:

Or, if people are that upset - they'll remind themselves to hide it when they start the game. ITS THAT EASY

I totally see your point its the whole - don't like something block them problem solved right? what i'm talking about tho is on the wider scale - you don't solve anything from hiding from it, toxicity in general needs to be tackled head on

If everyone that gets upset over silly words in a video game hides chat, the trolls will probably stop because the people that do react, and do seem upset fuels them, if they aren't reaplying they get nothing.

but they wont - this is the problem. People wont mass move to hide the chat - so i'm saying the devs take it out of their hands and removes it for them. I mean really do you "need" that chat function in there?