Will the blood point grind ever be lessened?

Avarice
Avarice Member Posts: 65

I'm pretty sure a while ago they said in a dev stream that they wanted the game to be less grindy, but they haven't said or done anything since.

Comments

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Honestly, the reason why the grind is so much is due to the % BP offerings ironically enough.

A 50% BP offering (Common) can give you an additional 4,000 BP if you earned 8,000 BP in that specific category. You spend 3,000 BP to get the common offering so in theory you make a 1,000 BP profit if you can MANAGE to max that category out.

Honestly, the % BP offerings should be free with the exception of envelopes and cakes/puddings.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Doubt it.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Doubtful. I really wish we could sell back the stuff we don't want. I don't use flashlights or maps. Those alone would bring me a fortune in blood points.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,734

While I really like the idea of being able to recycle items/offerings, I feel the main thing stopping them is that people could use it to grind chest items, and not actually use them. or be that much more likely to hatch camp since it would be an even greater guaranteed BP payout if you grabbed an item.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

Seriously, why do I have to pay 3,000, 4,000 and 6,000 bp’s for fog for any of my killers??!?!!!

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

I would love to be able to sell of useless offerings, namely thickening mist for killers.

But other things like the moon offering or no longer in use event items can go to. Would love to sell them for the same price back, not half. Same with items, I just don't use them and could use the BP.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

BBQ and Distressing, my dude

• Ryuhi

"play to lose to get more BP"

brilliant. I know the same logic applies to survivors trying to actually get use out of WGLF, but with the amount of content locked behind bloodwebs (which grows with every DLC) its becoming insurmountable for newer players, and abysmal for people who want to play multiple (or god forbid all) killers.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

I've decreased the grind once and they can definitely do it again. The simplest way would be to just boost BP gain overall. Streamlining the BP offerings so they're actually useful to burn would be the easiest way. Made a thread regarding suggestions a while back.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/46827/a-rework-of-bloodpoint-offerings

• LilBit
    LilBit Member Posts: 60

The grind is to real. To get a certain perk on a survivor I had to prestige her three times and then go through 25 more bloodwebs. I am still working on getting teachables unlocked on most my survivor and killers. The grind is to much and as survivor i wasnt making huge bp i had to switch to killer just farm for more. And i suck at killer

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

@Ryuhi Play to lose? I usually do pretty well using those perks.

• Ryuhi

Thats great. meanwhile on half the cast, distressing is a direct penalty, and BBQ probably has more counters than any other perk in the game.

build viability is pretty low on most killers at high ranks, especially among M1 killers. There is little room to take a perk that directly works against you, nor one that has very little benefit. Billy and nurse can do plenty with either of them, but on someone like the pig or the wraith, they're pretty much signing up for a loss.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

I really hope they don't. Would be an insult to everyone who suffered through getting all perks/add-on collections on their characters.

People are against a new Legacy