Why Do People HATE Fengmin?

Options

I don’t see why everyone is against feng min. By FAR the BEST survivor there is. She needs cooler cosmetics TOO!!

Comments

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited April 2019
    Options

Most survivors are related to some sort of toxicity, in many peoples eyes.

Among them, Feng, Claudette, and Nea stand out.

Ace and Dwight are up there.

• MistressChara
    MistressChara Member Posts: 112
    Options

She's statistically the most likely to be toxic. Somebody did a survey of 500 games and Feng Min accounted for like (rough numbers based on what I remember) 9% of the played survivors but like 22% of the total toxicity. (defined as teabagging, flashlight clicking, or insulting in post-game.)

That being said she's my favorite survivor and I love her <3

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    edited April 2019
    Options

the cosmetics can be important to those numbers too. Her and nea with their neon hair have to be at least half of that 22%, if not more. They're like the female equivalent of pizza dwight.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Options

I like her. She's cute.

And one day she'll be a Bunny Min and I'll have a secondary main.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    Options

Awww... I love Feng Min! She's cute, has nifty cosmetics, and every time I strike her she squeals adorably... quite honestly my favorite victim in the game! David is a close second because his screams/cries of agony are hysterically funny, and he's easy to see.

• SinfulHarlot
    SinfulHarlot Member Posts: 154
    Options

And that's say something considering Laurie likes to be loud as hell...

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

She's been my main since day 1 of her release. And Bunny! o_o

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

I want to answer this question more thoroughly based on how I feel things happened.

First, Feng is a gamer. Not just a gamer, a competitor. She was so focused on winning and being the best (with the skills to back it up) she gained a reputation and when her career started to flag, it sent her into anxiety. She was desperate to be the best.

A lot of players likely identify with this, but there's also the animation changes. Feng used to stand there in the lobby like everyone else, and I preferred that. A short time later, they gave her an arrogant pose with her arms crossed and an almost-sneer on her face, as if smirking in defiance at the killer's attempts to stop her. I wish she wasn't the opposite of my personality, but oh well, I still love her.

Then there's the traditionally "toxic" outfits that are released. Usually they're very nice outfits with bright, pretty colors, but the higher-skilled players tend to gravitate to these clothes in order to be noticed and, therefore, chased. They want to waste the killer's time all match, proving they're better and that they're going to win. You've seen Fengs and Neas with these wild or gaudy outfits, and it's usually the people who are trying their hardest to not only evade the killer but keep them in chase for as long as possible (not trying to lose the killer).

I don't think it's a Feng problem, I think anyone with such loud cosmetics is bound to feel this way, especially if they seem to go out of their way to chase or track down the killer and taunt them through the match via flashlights, teabags, trap disarms, performing actions in front of the killer, etc. Maybe the cute bunny outfit will let benevolent Fengs show they're not all like that.

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154
    Options

What @Coriander said.

Additionally, it's also kinda frustrating to get trolled by a tiny female that you could tear apart with ease. The contrast is much bigger, which makes it look fun for the Survivor but more annoying for the Killers.

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527
    Options

"By far the best survivor"

Oh,yes.

The girl who likes videogames is definitely better than the girl with a beatiful voice who can play the guitar and her main goal in life is to make everyone happy by giving people hope. *cough cough Kate Denson *cough cough*

Not to mention Kate was the first one who actually tried to fight against the entity's grab.

But yes, Feng Min best survivor btw

• fluffybunny
    Options

@Andreyu44 Did you hear Kate in the PTB she was introduced? Voice of an angel.

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527
    Options
  • Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    Options

Shes like the nurse her breath its super wierd

• fluffybunny
    Options

I know. xD It's part of the reason she's my main. I'm just teasing.

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

her breathing is too loud. i can hear her easily.

and most ppl use her with flashlights and etc. making her " toxic " and hated by many killers. even tho she's a cutie

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    Options
  • RoMainPuppy
    RoMainPuppy Member Posts: 507
    Options

She's adorable, if you wear the blue pigtails tho prepare for tunneltown, population - you.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    Options

She requires iron will, but I never run iron will

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

"everyone"

I don't hate her.

/thread

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

I love Feng. She's my first level 50 character. Only problem I have is so often the one person who refuses to ready up is a Feng.

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953
    Options

Feng is actually my main Female Survivor! I love playing her for her design and adorable voice. I just wish we had that bunny outfit for her..Nonetheless, I don't hate her one bit! 💜

• NoodleLegs
    NoodleLegs Member Posts: 317
    Options

she's my lovely main, she's going to be my first p3-50 character :D

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

Feng = best survivor, and there's nothing anybody can do to change that.

• Judith
    Judith Member Posts: 819
    Options

Source? I don't see people hating Ming more than other survivors.

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068
    Options

I hate Nea, not Feng

But I hate more the fact that everyone calls her Feng instead of FUNG which is the correct pronunciation

• I_Eat_Worms
    I_Eat_Worms Member Posts: 324
    Options

her voice is so ######### annoying it makes me want to nurse mori her

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options

Just gonna leave this here:

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367
    Options

I like Feng but her voice when she's injured can get really annoying. Also, I feel like her hook screams aren't too emotional like Claudette's or Nea's

• TheGameZpro3
    TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 699
    Options

You know has Timmy's Dad has Dinkleberg (Fairly Odd Parents)? Someone he has no reason to hate, but hates so much. Or how everyone in Quahog (I bleieve it's called) (Family Guy) has Meg, someone they hate. I guess that's just me and Feng. No reason I know of I should hate her, but I just do.

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    Options

I was expecting to disagree and then this truth hit me. Laurie's worse though...I have p3 on her and what I wouldn't give to change her initial hit scream at least...

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504
    Options

Toxicity is so subjective that data isn't real data.

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238
    Options

Feng min is a cute character but his voice

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615
    Options

I'm a Trapper main and I don't hate Fengs. Their cries fuel me. Even when they break my ears :P

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    Options

Claudette is the most hated never heard of ppl hating her at all... Is this new?

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,794
    Options

Holy thread resurrection, Batman!

• Owlzey
    Owlzey Member Posts: 442
    Options

I hardly ever see people hating on Feng. I feel like Claudette and Nea are hated more.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,810
    Options

I don't play Feng cause Meg has a nice behind.

• GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,363
    Options

Her voice is annoying lol but I think I dislike Jane more I actively tunnel any Jane to death

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

I've had more bad experiences with toxic fengs than neas and claudettes on my team. Also both level 70 rewards on the last 2 rifts are for Feng when she isnt even featured #########?

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,794
    Options

All this talk about Feng's voice, Puppers put up a Myers vid recently, and there's a part where a Feng is healing herself, and he sneaks up on her using scratched mirror.

She messes up her healing skill check when she sees him coming and tries to drop a pallet on him. He knocks her on her ass. The double squeak of pain she makes from messing up her heal skill check and going down is hilarious. Even Puppers bursts out laughing. Here it is;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VALJUGJ3-1Q&t=11m35s

• KingOfBadRNG
    KingOfBadRNG Member Posts: 425
    Options

By far my most hated survivor because people who play her sandbag tbag and farm.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    Options

People don't hate Feng Min, but when you walk around with the equivalent of neon lights and go down within the first few seconds of a match...thats not hate....thats easy prey.