Where can we find statistics for the game?

gantes
gantes Member Posts: 1,611

I feel like a lot, I mean, A LOT of the discussions here could be settled with widely available access to stats. If we could know stuff like each killer's kill rate per map per rank, pick rate, escape rates on each map, etc our discussions could be a lot more based on facts rather than speculation.

Okay, it feels like absolute ######### being eternally looped, gen rushed, face camped or tunneled, but we tend to remember the instances where ######### things happen and forget about the bigger picture. I have no idea of average game time, the rate at which games go down and ######### like that. DBD is quite a large game, and I believe its playerbase is more than enough for stats to be somewhat reliable and useful.

If there's a place where I can already get accurate data, please refer me to it. I just think that any healthy multiplayer game needs to have crucial information like this in order for the playerbase to discuss game balance in a productive manner.

Comments

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

@gantes There is no external site that tracks the kind of stats you're asking for. The only people that have them is Behavior, and they don't release that type of data.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

If Rockstar lets me know how many hot dogs have I eaten in their games, why is it that BHVR won't let me know how many guys I've handed to the Entity for sacrifice??

They're obviously hiding all that info for "balance" reasons.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Although people playing on Xbox are not kept completely in the dark about some of those numbers...

• gantes

It makes no sense imo. They can't possibly expect us to have reasonable discussions about game balance if we have no idea about what consistently happens, in numbers. That's why the forums are flooded with "x and y are OP because they feel bad to play against" and "I'm literally tunneled and camped every other game".

This needs to be adressed.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

The developers don't want to show statistics to the masses, because then we'd be able to confirm ######### we've been saying for years. That's a big no-no.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

@se05239 Do you EVER say nice things about DbD/bhvr?

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Bbbrian2013 On occasion. If they did more worth praising, I'd be more positive.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited April 2019

The only stats they generally have told were each killers sacrifice ratios, most used perks and the split of solo to swf ratio.

This is from over a year ago posted by not_queen on reddit, only games starting with 4 players in ranks 1-5

Killer and % Sacrificed

HillBilly: 60%

Trapper: 56%

Pig: 56%

Cannibal: 55%

Nurse: 54%

Huntress: 53%

Hag: 52%

Shape: 51%

Wraith: 49%

Nightmare: 47%

We could do with an updated Q&A for more recent stats to be honest as many things have changed since then.

• gantes
    edited April 2019

See, this is the kind of stat that should be widely known.

Would I feel so ######### after being shafted all game long if I knew that I most likely have a ~50% sacrifice rate overall? No.

That's extremely crucial for maps too. I feel like DCing (I don't though) every time I get Haddonfield as killer, but iirc the Coldwind maps are the only ones that are hugely survivor sided, in numbers.

How can we be expected to provide objective feedback to the game balance and trust the devs when they say their decisions are based on what happens in game if we don't, well, know what really happens in game?

@Peanits could you clarify the thought process behind not releasing this information a bit?

• twistedmonkey
    edited April 2019

I suppose it's nice to have but it can also create problems.

After stats have been published a lot of the times they have been met with ridicule about how they are false, why one side needs buffs, how it's due to many factors like survivors giving up on first hook, killers giving the hatch etc.

No matter what BHVR say this community tends to try and bend it to what suits their mindset and argument so having them there constantly could fuel that even more if the balance could be always seen and shifts even over a small window of time.

With that being said it would be nice to see stats when they introduce things like MoM for example, if the stats showed killers were getting more and more kills and it was more heavily in favour of them then than before then the addition of another free health state perk may have been more understandable for the more reasonable players.

• No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093

This should definitely be displayed in game, as well as you're own average kills per match with specific killers and your average escapes [er match with specific

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946

It's simple, would the data debunk most allegations they would release them.

If the data would support them it is better to withhold them.

• gantes

And if the release of MoM didn't affect the kill count all that much, people could ask for QoL changes that make it feel better to go against the perk than demanding nerfs.

I think that no matter how the community reacts, transparency is always the way to go. It feels better to read precise numbers than "well, our data says..." etc.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

@gantes that is something that has been baffling me for a long time. All the "feedback" on this forum is often laden with a heavy dose of speculation about how often killers kill and survivors live. A simple monthly stat roll out would show whether there is a lot to do about nothing, or a real problem. Quite frankly, it would possibly make things more civil as well.

WARNING!! THIS NEXT PART IS PURELY HYPOTHETICAL AND NOT MEANT TO BE AN ASSUMPTION OF FACT!!

If we were to see that survival rates were 35% and the stated goal was 50%, and a perk like MoM boosted the rate to 40%, there would be little bitching room about the perk. It would be doing its job, but not unbalanced. But, we don't get that information. So it could be swinging the stats too far, thus creating imbalance. Then Thanos has to snap his fingers again.

• gantes

Exactly. As much as, for example, the DS change was necessary, we never got to know how it affected the game in numbers.

Same with the Legion update. How are we supposed to know the effect of the change if we don't have data? I'd personally be willing to bet that non Frank's mixtape builds will rise in kill rate. But guess what, we'll never know.

All we have is "we're waiting for data" and "our data shows the change was good." And nothing else. The data exists, so we should have access to at least parts of it.

• twistedmonkey
    edited April 2019

This is why I think stats at that point on why they introduce things may help.

Constant stats though I do feel would fuel this community even more and be used to demand things with the slightest of changes to them in favour of the other side even if it changed for only one day.

It's a damned if you do damned if you don't scenario but personally I think the damned if they do one could be a lot worse do to the mentality of some of the biggest complainers.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited April 2019

The problem is that they want Rank to be the only mode, and want people to care about rank and therefore climb the ladder, thereby making DbD a competitive game. But at the same time, there isn't even an external site that collects any data. Hell, even a small game like Paladins has that.

I have to agree. If Behavior wants Rank to be the primary and only mode, and expects people to care about the ladder, stats need to be made known.

They make the game only with a Ranked mode, then turn around and try to treat it like a casual Quick Play mode. It doesn't work.

• Playful2504
    Playful2504 Member Posts: 5

Hello there,

I'm updating this post because there is in fact a site that tracks a lot of data in dead by daylight, where you can see your own stats, but not a lot of people know about this.

here : https://dbd.onteh.net.au/ (DbD leaderboard)

you just have to copy/past your steam profile web link in there and you can see your stats. Enjoy.