The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

In the Balance of "Blacklisting..."

This is probably the wrong area for this, but I feel this is probably the best place for this anyway.

Reports atm feel pointless. Across the board, reporting someone for doing something toxic does nothing, I never hear of anyone getting a temporary ban, full ban, or any ban for anything other than exploits. As I've found out from killer mains along with survivor mains, they've taken this into account and started creating "black lists," or people they will purposefully farm, point out to the killer, face camp, mori exclusively, ect. because they were toxic, either in 1 game, or in multiple games. This honestly is more harmful to the game experience/community than actually banning people (temporary obviously) who perform extremely toxic behavior.

No, I'm not talking about T-bagging survivors, or Facecamping Bubbas, I'm talking survivors who dc on their first down, survivors who dc when their friend gets sacrificed, and the like.

Obviously, this has multiple repercussions across the game: Remaining Survivors have a hard time getting safety pip, Killer has a hard time getting anything BEYOND safety pip, and the game is essentially ruined.

If you think I'm joking about black listing, I wish I was. I had a game against a Freddy who only decided to hook me because I saved his "black list" target twice, as he told me after the match. He would put me to sleep, and walk away until he found his target, then chased her and face camped her. I played a Survivor game where two people DC'd because one of them got hit by an irri hatchet, so after the match, the killer said "their names are now on my list of Mori on sight."

This has even worse repercussions because now, target black list target survivor gets hunted and tunneled, face camped, and can't enjoy the game, other Survivors barely get safety pip because of the requirements to pip up needing chase, healing, and the like, and the killer likely doesn't even safety pip because he tunneled and ensured the black list target didn't have any fun.

Granted, I do love myself some natural law, but this is a perpetuating cycle that only gets worse and worse, until it's the entire player base, and everyone walks away from the game because it's too toxic. You guys talk about having tools to know what's going on in the game (you can tell between DC's and RQ's,) so make the punishment for RQ's (and DC's, since they're abusable as well) more enforced. Losing a single pip does nothing, since the Rank system doesn't mean anything more than "better players at higher ranks." Give RQ's a 20 minute ban on first offense of the week, and increment it like a bellcurve. DC's could have a natural 1 hour ban, since if it's truly a network issue, you should be working to resolve it over the next hour rather than playing an online game (although this could also still be abusable, it would need adjustments.)

However you guys plan on doing it at Behavior, we need something to make the truly toxic aspects of the game be toned down and reversed, rather than letting the players attempt to resolve it on their own.