Fixing/Nerfing Fractured Cowshed.

Shaderz
Shaderz Member Posts: 42

This map is probably the most unbalanced one in the game, in my opinion. There are pallets everywhere, every few meters. Even the combo Spirit Fury + Enduring + Bamboozle can't fight it back because by the time I get close to another survivor, he's already reached another pallet/window and its respective loop and there he goes again.

It feels like you need to rely more on the survivors' mistakes than your own skill as a killer and this is exactly what's wrong. The same, in my personal experience, happens a lot in Blood Lodge and The Temple of Purgation too. But not as badly as this one.

On the other side and without honestly trying to flex myself but I was already able to loop a killer for the entire match on this map and I only got hit once by him. He was obviously extremely annoyed in the end and I can't say I didn't feel sorry for him because I've been in his shoes myself too and I know how it feels.

I personally think they did a relatively good job with the other Coldwind Farm realms but this one is pretty messed up. What are your thoughts? Should the map's loops be nerfed or it should stay as it is?

Comments

• Shaderz

I still don't find that nerfing enough. There are still way too many loops. This map is still ridiculously unbalanced when compared to other actually balanced maps.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Honestly, I think it's in need of the loops being less obvious to find. It's not that it has a lot of pallets, it's just that they're in an order of an O around the map. Which makes looping easy. They need to scatter it.

• Shaderz

I'm bumping this thread. I have recently returned to Dead By Daylight because I really like the game but I'm honestly thinking about leaving again after playing on this map as a killer. It's so unbalanced and it's sad that they haven't fixed it since I first made this thread.

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433

1 map made you think about leaving the game?Nice.Besides that,why is that map SO problematic?Only problem i find with it is that one barn window

• JetTheWaffleCat
    JetTheWaffleCat Member Posts: 284

The Rancid Abattoir has a true infinite on it for 110% killers and even maybe 115% killers. It's tremendously way worse than the Cowshed.

A lot of the Coldwind maps' buildings need some sort of nerf. Mainly the Silo, Cowshed, and Slaughterhouse buildings.

The copious amounts of intertwining jungle gyms to other jungle gyms and loops need to be addressed as well.

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413

Thompson's House and rotten fields are worse

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

The only thing that’s keeping Coldwind from being as bad as Haddonfield is that you can get lucky with RNG. Rancid Abattoir is small so it makes it easier to lock down the gens, but it still has that godawful loop in the middle. Everything else about the Coldwind maps suck.

• Tohmo
    Tohmo Member Posts: 248

Finally, someone agrees that Fractured is probably the most survivor sided in the game.

• Shaderz

You didn't get it. The way this map is so survivor-based is one of the countless problems that this game has which made me leave in the first place.

It's pretty much impossible to counter any good survivor here because:

1) Mindgaming (with the red stain especially) is nearly impossible because the killer is pretty much visible in every kind of loop there is in that map.

2) Enduring + spirit fury is not enough. By the time you catch up to another survivor after you used spirit fury, he's already in another pallet.

3) There are way too many loopable places and pallets way too close to one another.

It is just like as someone else referred to previously in this thread. The map consists of an "O", where the middle is full of corn and the loops are on the sides and corners of the map. So it gets easy for a survivor to go from loop to loop without being caught and even if he does, the game doesn't stop and many gens are already done.

What's worse about this map, and I've referred it in the main post, is that you need to rely on survivors' mistakes to actually win. Your skill alone isn't enough unless you're playing with a Nurse who can easily go through objects. But that's not the point here.

This map needs a HUGE nerf, so it stops being so survivor-based. Maybe make it like Rotten Fields, where it's pretty much an "O" as well in terms of loops, with the only difference being they are not as stupidly close to each other as they are in Fractured Cowshed.