Any other nice guy killers when there's a DC?

Zefier
Zefier Member Posts: 23

Show of hands. If there's DCers I'll usually just... Let the survivors go. I'll chase them and hit them for a little bit, get my BPs, then just let them get out.

Feels lame when you don't get the full 4 man. Then it's no mercy mode, but... Like...

Last game someone came in with No Mither, and a guy DC'd after the game started. (I assume because they saw one of their teammates had No Mither... I was a fairly bog standard BP Farming Doc so no reason to quit seeing me.)

I just kind of let the others live, I'm not so petty to take those kinds of wins.

(Granted for all of the T-bagging I get in a normal match and my struggle to get out of rank 15 I really probably should change my views but... Eh. )

Comments

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540

I'm a pretty nice killer in general.. I feel bad ruining other players games.. I always try to never tunnel/camp and always give hatch.. If there's a dc I just go full silly meme and let everyone go.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

Depends on scenario. If they do something to miff me, I'll take them out. If the person was on hook dead/death hook, I won't go easy, either.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

I tend to avoid going for the saved one if I can avoid it when there's a DC but otherwise I'll just continue playing as usual.

• Zefier
    Zefier Member Posts: 23

I... Feel like there's scenarios for both camping and tunneling.

I'll "Camp" when I realize the enemy team is absurdly Altruistic and I know they're hanging around an area. Not 'face camping' mind you, but patrolling the area because obviously everyone is *right here* and I know they're not doing gens across the map. (Being a newer player, I always have BBQ equipped for those BPs, so it's kinda obvious when everyone's sitting around behind trees near me hoping to unhook.)

Tunneling I find hard not to do? I never pick one guy out and say "They must die!", but usually the worst survivor I just keep catching because they're bad at hiding or evading, and I'm not going to just ignore them. Especially when I know the other guy is going to run me around the map for five hours and I'll never get anything done. Better to remove someone from the game so someone has to save them and only two can focus on doing gens, THEN I can chase the other two off the gens. Unfortunately while that makes tactical sense it's, technically Tunneling?

I don't know survivors call me out for 'tunneling' so much when I don't feel like I'm actually doing toxic tunneling that I've become numb to it.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063

I'm a simple killer... I see 2+ BPS, I friendly farm with the team no matter how many DC. 1 DC's, I let 1 go via hatch after 2 hooking everyone and then playing survivor roulette to see who gets to live. 2 DC, I farm with the rest. 3 DC... Up to the last survivor really, if they just want me to kill them i will, but if they want to farm, I allow it. Although this never used to be as big of an issue up until 3-ish months ago when the DC epidemic started to build up. Sigh... can't wait for the dedicated servers and disciplinary committee to get this crap under control.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

I only played one game as killer tonight (I was survivor achievement hunting). The game I played I tried to be as fair as possible to everyone. I gave them time to get points. Even intentionally ate flashlight blinds to help. I don't camp and try not to tunnel. If not in a chase I go back when someone is unhooked looking for the rescuer. If I find the person just unhooked I'll usually slug them and leave them be. Overall I try to be a nice killer. Especially if there's a dc.

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371

I had my first DC today -YEEEEE!-

I then proceeded to play as normal making sure to let them rescue each-other and taking count of how many times I'd hooked them to make sure I didn't sacrifice them so they felt like they earned their escape.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

As a survivor main I had a lot of sympathy for the remaining survivors in the past but nowadays, DCing is just the new meta.

Almost every game has 1 DC. Under these circumstances I can't be the good guy, I am sorry.

Only exceptions is if somebody used party streamers or cake.

• se05239

@Orion You should know by now, playing as the dedicated punching bag of the game, that killers don't deserve any sympathy. They're only there so survivors can have fun games.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@se05239 That's why I no longer show any mercy to survivors and instead show it to killers. Someone has to do it.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

@Orion How do you want them to take it easy exactly? Short of helping a killer farm some points I don't see how it can be done. I personally wouldn't want them to simply let me kill them. When I'm a survivor and there's multiple DC's all I hope for is the killer is cool enough to let me safety. They can kill me I have no issue with that.

• Orion

@thrawn3054 Killers give hatches, let everyone go, and allow farming. Why don't survivors ever let killers get kills or farm? But like I said, no more double standards. Everyone gets steamrolled to the best of my ability and add-ons (which I rarely used before).

• Orion

@Heroiq I've heard other people do it as well, but I've never actually seen it for myself. I won't be holding back until I see survivors do it at roughly the same rate as killers.

• se05239

@Orion Good that. Not showing mercy and being an royal ######### are two different things, thankfully. I'd never go out of my way to play toxic.

• Orion

@se05239 Me neither. Toxic behavior is the main reason I stay away from multiplayer games. People are #########.

• Waterfall
    Waterfall Member Posts: 202

If someone DC’s il show mercy by killing the remaining survivors as quickly and painlessly as I can.

• fluffybunny

@SlinkyJinky Have you just started playing? I swear my first killer game had DCs in them.

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371

@fluffybunny I've been playing since January with non premium Killers where I'd mostly just play Trapper so I've had 4 months no DC's on him then a couple of days after I bought Myres I got my first DC. I'm thinking it was the insta-down.

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

I go easier on the team if there's a DC, it's just not really fair otherwise, for anyone. You can still get plenty of points by chasing, hooking, breaking, etc. They all get 2 hooks and then usually escape, unless someone doesn't go for a save, which I've been seeing a lot of lately. It's sad. I'm across the map, just go save them.

• fluffybunny

@SlinkyJinky It could have been an early down. I believe the first survivor to DC on me ran into me.

• se05239

@Orion DbD is the only pvp game I play. The rest is singleplayer games and/or coop.

• Orion

@se05239 It's not the only PvP game I play, but I also tend to stay away from them. I prefer co-op and single player. Less toxicity and I can play co-op with my boyfriend.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

I'm with @Delfador there: if there were plenty of cakes and/or BPS, I may farm with them. But it's horribly boring, and there are sooooo many DC-s lately that I'd have to spend most of my playtime "being nice". I have the utmost respect for survivors who just signal me to hook them fast and let them move on to the next game without DC-ing. That's what I do as survivor too.

Farming is the most cringy aspect of the game. Whenever I play survivor, there's nothing else that annoys me more: being facecamped or tunneled, getting destroyed by purple and pink addons, getting moried... bring it on, don't care, even if it's during Bloodhunt. But farming is a waste of time.

It's difficult though, I never know which of my survivor is new, I prefer going more easy on those. However, if you got 1000< hours, you really shouldn't be surprised if you get killed by the killer, DC or not.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

I let them go after making some points, no use punishing players for someone else being a dc nob.

Same if im survivor, if killers had a bad game i'll let him hook or kill me at the end. Doesnt bother me dieing, aslong as we all had FUN. :)

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

Where are you guys when I'm playing? Most people I play against are teabagging douchbags which is why I'm not that nice. Although I finally got a nice comment from someone after a game today. I thought it was going to be another "u trash bro" comment which it usually is 95% of the time but this one actually gave me a friendly tip after the game. Wish more players were like that.

• Zarr0ch
    Zarr0ch Member Posts: 589

If there’s 2 dcs I pretty much let them escape. Unless their t bagging etc. then they die

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

I'll normally try to let them live unless they get toxic/try to bully. In which case, I'll kill whoever that was.

Most survivors aren't like that though.

• Jesp
    Jesp Member Posts: 192
    edited May 2019

@thrawn3054 I have actually seen survivors give a killer a kill when it could have been a 4x escape. Some guy just walking up to a hook and pointing at it. Sure it might have "selfish" motivations like preventing a pip, but I guess it's roughly equivalent to a killer giving a survivor the hatch.

By NO means saying it's common however, and it's as said a sort of free-hatch equivalent, but I have seen it happen (and done it myself) 😂

• Orion

@Jesp It is indeed roughly equivalent to giving a hatch escape. However, it's borderline mythological at this point, as opposed to hatch escapes.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

I'm almost always willing to let folks walk, unless I'm Bubba. Bubba doesn't play around.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

Since pretty much every time I was trying to be nice and offered my hand, and the Survivors took not just the hand, but the entire arm and body attached to it, I've stopped being nice altogether unless I'm in a unusually good mood and the remaining Survivor is obviously a newbie.

• Groxiverde
    Groxiverde Member Posts: 767

Call me a bad guy, but when someone DC at the start of the game because I downed him/ I'm a nurse or doctor etc... I just go full tryhard mode and start tunneling and playing scummy just to quickly finish that trash game

• chococri
    chococri Member Posts: 355

Especially if their team was unsportmanlike as ######### like being toxic and then after getting down in a few seconds they rage quit and so the rest because ''Oh, no, we are one less, ######### it!'' DC.

I usually feel bad for so many Jakes out there left alone in game with 5 or 4 gen left...

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,089

Well, this sounds more like a case of git gud.

@Topic:

I usually let them farm when there is a DC early in the game. I dont let them farm when they behave like dicks or when it is a ragequit on the last hook.

• Orion

@Aven_Fallen Indeed, survivors need to git gud instead of demanding free handouts just because someone else disconnected.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,089

Nah, this is different.

It is a 4v1. So a 3v1 (especially with 5 Gens) is a lot harder. More so when the guy who DCed took a lot of Pallets with him.

If the Killer gets stomped, he need to get better. (Same goes for Survivors in normal games obviously)

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

Sometimes i am enthusiastic and try to make BP without killing.

Sometimes i'm impatient and just try to kill ASAP to get a normal match.

I don't mind the result either: Whether i kill all 3/2/1 or if they Hatch-escape, as long as the match is gone.

• Orion

@Aven_Fallen It's the same thing, just a different case of the game being stacked against you. No dice. Until survivors show reciprocity, I will act toward them as they have been acting toward every killer I've seen for three years.

• 245_Trioxin
    245_Trioxin Member Posts: 171

I let a survivor farm last night. It was my first match in the event, and had a Hag ritual to complete. Wound up having two survivors not make it into the match, so I decided I was just going to let the other two get some points while I get my teleport hits finished. One of them immediately DC'd, so I found the other survivor and helped them find medkits in chests while I got my teleport hits, let them drop pallets on my head, and then let them do the gens and escape.

Had a Wraith show me where the hatch was last night, too. I guess he decided he got his three kills and enough points.

Honestly, with the infinite loading bug, and then people just DC'ing for various reasons, there's really no reason to go in hard on the couple of survivors that are willing to stick the match out with you. All it does is make everybody feel bad, and will just cause more players to DC when they get matches like that often.

I've considered it multiple times after having a match where it's just me and one other survivor and the killer decides to down one of us immediately, hardcamp the hook until struggle mode, and then down the other survivor and hook them right away. You get another match where not everyone loads in and you think to yourself "why am i putting myself through this again?"

But, I stick though it, because adding to the DCs aren't going to help the issue. And sometimes you find a killer who understands that there are humans behind those survivors. Kudos to all of you who do get it.

• Orion

@245_Trioxin I've yet to meet a survivor in-game who understands there are humans behind the killers. That's why I've stopped playing nice.

• 245_Trioxin

I've done this multiple times as a survivor. If I feel that the killer just had a rough match, I'll run to a hook and point at it. I have no problem in being sacrificed while showing a killer that there is some humanity left in the world. Hell, when I play in a SWF duo with my friend in the US, both of us will try to help the killer out if he had a rough go at the match.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    edited May 2019

I learned dbd from HybridPanda so I'm kinda more on the "softy" side of killers. If someone dc's or gives up, I'll usually let the last person take the hatch.

• 245_Trioxin

@Orion Sorry you've had really bad luck then, I guess. But, as a player, I understand it no matter what side I'm playing that match. And it seems from this thread that other people understand it as well.

Do you play much survivor? Or are you strictly killer? I find playing both sides helps a lot with perspective. You come across as pretty jaded in this comment, to be honest.

• Orion

@245_Trioxin I play both sides. The "nicest" thing I've seen from survivors is the lack of toxicity (which is just normal human behavior, IMO).

As for my comment, I'm just tired of the double standards. Killers are expected to wait on survivors hand and foot if they stub their toe, whereas survivors are often more toxic if they win.

• 245_Trioxin

@Orion I don't really think there is this huge double standard. Here, in the forums, yeah I'll give you that. Reading these forums can be draining with the amount of "killer main / survivor main" garbage. But, I think the great majority of people playing the game are just trying to have fun, and don't expect the killer, or the survivors, to cater to them.

People come here and vent their frustrations, and they're not always eloquent when they do. They make some ridiculous statements, sometimes. In game, I think some "toxicity" is simple misunderstandings. I know a number of players who wait by the gate to let the killer get hits before they leave. Teabagging other survivors is how they greet each other, so a lot of the time it's probably innocent when they do it before they leave the match.

Granted, there are some people who just want to watch the world burn, on both sides of the game. But, I just don't think they are as prevalent as some people on these forums would have us believe.

Oh, and post-game chat is terrible, but again, just like the forums, it's people not being eloquent in venting their frustrations with losing. People are always so ready to blame everything else except for themselves. It's just human nature.

• Orion

@245_Trioxin There is a double standard by survivors' actions. They expect to be given hatch escapes and whatnot (and often do receive them), but god forbid they pay the same kindness to killers. I've yet to encounter a survivor in-game who surrenders to the hook freely to prevent the killer from getting a 4k.

• 245_Trioxin

@Orion There is no double standard. Killers are just as ridiculous, expecting 4k's every match when it is balanced to be "2k = win". This whole killer/survivor garbage is ridiculous. The moment people start just thinking about players as "other players" and not "killers" or "survivors", the quicker you'll see more humanity in matches. Stop seeing the other team as some faceless opposing force and realize there are people there trying to have a good time.

Honestly, you're only adding to the problem.

• Orion

@245_Trioxin There is an eighty percent escape rate at rank 1. That's four out of every five survivors. Killers do not expect a 4k every trial, they just expect the devs to balance around the 2k that was promised, and to do it at rank 1 like every other game.