Animation after hitting a survivor changed over the years.

Options
Folkin
Folkin Member Posts: 16

When looking trough some old gameplay of youtubers it seems that the Wraith, when striking a survivor had the same animation as the trapper.
But in a later update they changed it to what it is now.
Maybe i'm just seeing things but why did they change this?, i think is looked pretty cool. 8-)

Comments

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

They reworked most of Wraith animations, including his running stance

• Folkin
    Options

@Runiver said:

Is this wraith only or did they change hillbilly also?

• [Deleted User]
    Options

I feel like hit animations are too long yet they have changed over the years.

• Folkin
    Options

@MrChills said:

Well it has to be, they have to give the survivor time to get away after being hit.
    If you really want you can use 'Save the best for last' perk to reduce the time of the animation.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Options

@Folkin said:

@Runiver said:

Is this wraith only or did they change hillbilly also?

Wraith only, because he used many of the Trapper's animations (as placeholders) before they added his own.

• Yaboi_Gengarboi
    Yaboi_Gengarboi Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Folkin said:

@MrChills said:

Well it has to be, they have to give the survivor time to get away after being hit.
    If you really want you can use 'Save the best for last' perk to reduce the time of the animation.

Honestly I feel like it is too long. Either that or the speed boost survivors get when hit is too high, or the killers move too slowly during the animation. An almost 18 meter distance is quite a lot.
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

They reworked a lot of animations, but mostly stances and running animations, such as Billy/Wraith, and the way they hold their weapon, too.
    Trapper didn't change much.

What changed is the FoV, and the view of the weapon over the time, since they did change the position of the camera.

• SeducedByDaemonette
    SeducedByDaemonette Member Posts: 300
    Options

Hooking animations have been changed couple times too