Trapper bug accusation?

regnam
regnam Member Posts: 35

So for the past 2 games I've played as trapper (both on the day of this post), I've been accused of exploiting and/or cheating by using a bug? I have no idea whether or not a bug exists and if I've accidentally been exploiting, so I want to know if anyone actually knows of a bug or if it's just upset survivors.

Comments

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183

Ive found info about 2 bugs on steam, both are the old ones:

1. Traps that glitch into the ground and become invisible.
    2. Non existing trap, when trapper pick up a trap and survivor gets trapped in it, either because of lag or he was trapped at the beggining of this animation.

There is also a possibility that you have jumpscared them a few times... some survivors tend to be a little bit salty due to their smell...

• BlazeNightash
    BlazeNightash Member Posts: 230

i Been accused of cheating lol. While there is some spots where the trap glitches through the mesh. It’s the devs fault for not fixing this. Game is to fast pace to sit there and try and make sure you’re not going into the game world. Also surv mains will complain about anything if they’re not winning

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

I have been acused by the survivors of having intercourse with my mother and things like that. Let the salt come, it only makes me stronger

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

I was recently accused of exploiting a pig crouch bug and apparently I was crouched the whole game without a heartbeat or red stain and could lunge normally. No idea if this is true or not since I haven't seen a single report of this sort of bug before.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

I was accused of using wallhacks bc I apparently knew where everyone was so this isn't new.

• Endorb
    Endorb Member Posts: 151

I've noticed trapper seems kinda buggy doing basic actions, compared to other killers. Bugs I've seen include lunges turning into pickups, walking through a survivor while lunging, being blinded instantly, not having a cooldown on a successful attack, allegedly not letting survivors wiggle, and lag-teleportation.

This might be sampling bias since I played trapper the most back on my old (broken) PC, but I can definately see you having a bug to your advantage and not knowing it. Hell, I've had my fair share of life-ending bugs as survivor too; being frozen when I try to down a pallet, not having terror radius play (vs a trapper and a hillbilly without tinkerer or the plague perk).

• Kurisataru
    Kurisataru Member Posts: 460

@Endorb Not sure if there is a perk for this but I went against a trapper today where I didnt get skill check notifications for the whole match. Hope that's not a common trapper bug.

• JAWS_BDSM
    JAWS_BDSM Member Posts: 328

>turn the post-game chat off

>close profile commentary section

>do whatever you want in any way you want unless it`s cheating/exploiting/other bannable stuff

>????

>you`re now professional killer-main who doesn`t give a F about pigs` screeches

>profit

• Endorb
    Endorb Member Posts: 151

The whole game? Sounds like a bug. There is Hex: Huntress' Lullaby which does make the sound happen later with each hook until the 5th hook where it doesn't make a sound (and it makes failing skill checks more damaging), but likely not what happened