The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Anyone else think we should get a video game licensed killer?

We got a video game licensed survivor why not killer? I feel like a character from outlast would be cool either Martha or a character from outlast 1 or just another video game entirely 

Comments

• Alther_Primus
    Alther_Primus Member Posts: 158

I believe it would be an interesting change of pace, and a nice way to license some extra killers without having to go through the legal nightmares that most of the other slasher icons are going through. I'm not familiar with Outlast, but I wasn't familiar with SAW either and I'm here thinking about playing Pig. I'm sure they could come up with something interesting, and hey another inside map is always nice for Doc and Myers.

I know there's been an interest in FNAF, even among some of BHVR. In spite of all the hate it gets it might not be bad, and I'd be legitimately interested in seeing what they'd do with the Killer power and the Survivor in general. Slender might also be a possibility. Granted, he's closer to a creepypasta than a game character, but he started to gain traction in the Slender games so that could also be an intriguing choice.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

If they really want to become a cash cow, they'd put in Sephiroth. The fans would come frothing over to play as him and kill people. Lulz

Slender would be good I think. There's a lot of creepiness there. Pyramid Head from Silent Hill because that is true iconic horror. Not sure if anything/one from Resident Evil would work, I've never played them before, but I'm sure there's something there to draw from. The only problem comes is with the licensing, and there's people and companies who don't want their brand watered down or possibly sullied. I don't think the people who own Freddy's license are proud to see the joke he's become.

I don't think there will be any licensed content for a while though. Maybe some skins for Auric Cells or something, but I'm pretty sure they said they are focusing on original content for the time being. Might be remembering that wrong though.

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476

If I had to choose, I'd say Jack Baker from Resi 7. Though a third big scary chainsaw-wielding redneck man might be a bad idea.

• The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474

As I've said, Triangle Face from Resident Evil.

• NavCPO
    NavCPO Member Posts: 2

Pyramid head from Silent Hill. Pick one of the others as a survivor. Would be awesome. Have the map have the siren and it go dark on a schedule.

• Juhonna
    Juhonna Member Posts: 23

@NavCPO said:
    Pyramid head from Silent Hill. Pick one of the others as a survivor. Would be awesome. Have the map have the siren and it go dark on a schedule.

OMG i would love this! Pyramid Head scares me and is awesome lol & I Love everything to do with Silent hill.

• azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446

Looking at all the pyramid head votes, how about this for a power. He has those nurses spawn (number and speed of movement sleeted by add on) and he can see their aura and they will each home in on a survivor using AI. But will stop if a survivor is looking at them.

• azazer

Personally I'd love to see Alma from the FEAR series.

• Mringasa

@NavCPO said:

That map idea is fantastic. Would love something like this. Add really good tension into the game.

@azazer said:
    Looking at all the pyramid head votes, how about this for a power. He has those nurses spawn (number and speed of movement sleeted by add on) and he can see their aura and they will each home in on a survivor using AI. But will stop if a survivor is looking at them.

Now that would be slick. Maybe a certain number per tier, and they start closer per tier as well. Not sure how they'd code it, but this could be something interesting. Maybe make flashlights remove them or something. Not sure how to apply it, perhaps on a hit. Can't make it too OP because a Perk like this could make tracking way too simple.

• azazer

@Mringasa said:
    Now that would be slick. Maybe a certain number per tier, and they start closer per tier as well. Not sure how they'd code it, but this could be something interesting. Maybe make flashlights remove them or something. Not sure how to apply it, perhaps on a hit. Can't make it too OP because a Perk like this could make tracking way too simple.

PS4 pleb here, so I don't know what their tutorial is like in the update, but they could use that as a base. Then like how object of obsession perk allows you to see the killer aura but if you are looking at nurse AI they freeze instead of showing aura. As far as the killer seeing the nurse aura, that can be an add on to prevent OP tracking. Nurses can be slower than survivors because survivors have to be stationary to do gens and that's when they'll catch up. And if they aren't paying attention, nurse hits them into the next dying state.

• SanKa_Games
    SanKa_Games Member Posts: 201

@azazer said:

@Mringasa said:

PS4 pleb here, so I don't know what their tutorial is like in the update, but they could use that as a base. Then like how object of obsession perk allows you to see the killer aura but if you are looking at nurse AI they freeze instead of showing aura. As far as the killer seeing the nurse aura, that can be an add on to prevent OP tracking. Nurses can be slower than survivors because survivors have to be stationary to do gens and that's when they'll catch up. And if they aren't paying attention, nurse hits them into the next dying state.

They didn't use anything outstanding in the tutorial though, especially for the killer AI. They had "Follow" AI for ages and usually used it to show some in-dev chase changes.
    And isn't putting into a dying state too op? Especially when you're forced to get closer to those by the killer?

• Mringasa

I wouldn't have them interact with the player in any way. Just have them be a tracker of sorts. If they player isn't looking at them, they turn to look at the player first, then begin moving in small steps towards them. Would make it not too OP since a player can look at them while running away, but also provide some tracking for the Killer.

Maybe have add-ons to cause them to interact with the players in some fashion. If they get within X meters have them cause Y status effect. Exposed could be one of them for the OHKO, but would definitely need to be UR. Lot of different things they could do.

• Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    I mean too bad they used a clown because sweet tooth (from twisted metal) would’ve been a nice stand alone killer or even a Batman chapter like joker as killer and as a survivor use dick Grayson, Tim drake, Bruce Wayne or even Jason Todd
  • Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    edited June 2018
    They should put big daddy as killer and Booker Dwight as the new survivor
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

@azazer said:
    Personally I'd love to see Alma from the FEAR series.

I've thought this myself

Problem is, Alma is likely to eat the Entity itself and take over.

• Schadenfroh
    Schadenfroh Member Posts: 5

P yramid Head would be awesome, 100% supporting the idea :) Alma would also be nice.

My own suggestion would be Nemesis from resident Evil, Bazookas and Minigun :P

• IronWolf115
    IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672

William Birkin from RE. His power is that he mutates when generators start to be complated

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

The adoring fan from Elder Scrolls Oblivion. Has a 0m terror radius and forces the survivor into 1 of several repeated dialogue options.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

Pyramid head and heather mason would be nice additions to the game.