Give Survivors a very slight sense of hope with a hatch.

AshleyWB
AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
edited May 2019 in General Discussions

Everything's going wrong. All your friends are dead and the timers ticking down tick tock tick tock.

You stumble upon the hatch but it's shut tight.

My idea:

When you are the last survivor and end game collapse has begun. The final survivor can attempt to pull open the hatch.

The hatch is sealed tight but the entity feeds on your fear and dread. In the final minutes of endgame the entity becomes numb and the hatch is able to be pulled open if you hold the action button and hit the difficult skill check which has a 5% chance of appearing.

Consequences of hitting skill check- the hatch door Breaks off and you jump in while you can.

Consequence of missing the skill check (if you are lucky enough to get one) - Gigantic furry entity claws penetrate the hatch and pull you in. This is not a hatch escape. This is death. The hatch shuts after you are pulled in and the hatch disappears into the ground leaving nothing but a pool of blood behind.

The closer the killer is the increasingly likely you are to receive this skill check to break open the hatch. It calls for more clutch escapes from certain death. Take note that the chance of recieving this skill check is a maximum of 10%. This figure is only used if you've been holding action for a while. Also remember the skill check must be hit to escape. If it's not then the survivor will die and the killer can watch it happen.

I've seen a lot of backlash over the end game collapse being too advantageous to killers who have closed the hatch.

I think giving survivors a very slight chance of survival when they have no hope is fun. They don't get a free win, and arguably killer can patrol both doors and the hatch rather than the 2 doors.

My ideas a little long winded but it's an idea which I think would be fun. An example more than something which I think should be added.

Comments

• MomoMoon
    MomoMoon Member Posts: 40

can the hatch be opened by the key after the killer close it?

• AshleyWB

I have a feeling the devs are going to make hatch spawn earlier or something. Something to make it less stressful for survivor. That would defeat the purpose of endgame.

• Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 604

@AshleyWB:

First in, first served.

• AshleyWB

Killer can just follow the survivor around and have the entity kill the survivor. That's why I think changes are going to be made.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

@MomoMoon Yes it can.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 700

To be fair, exit gates are powered but not opened if Killer closes hatch. Survivors still have to open the gates, which is sooooooo difficult to do and it's hard and they should just get a free escape because whine whine whine whine whine.

• AshleyWB

Also it's not a free escape.

5% chance of skill check appearing ONLY ONCE when holding action for 0-45 seconds

7% Chance of skill check appearing ONLY ONCE when holding action for 45+ seconds.

10% Chance of skill check appearing ONLY ONCE when killer is 12m away. Close enough to see you fail and die or to not be able to get the skill check.

If you touch the hatch as survivor you can be more by the killer once you are down.

Also the skill check would be the hardest ever seen and would be affected by docs skill checks (appearing in different places)

• AshleyWB
    edited May 2019

You people go on as if the other threads complaining aren't happening.

I'm making a compromise so endgame isn't needed to the ground.

I know it's gonna get nerfed by the outrage that's there.

• AshleyWB
    edited May 2019

Also you should encourage creativity rather than branding an idea as survivor or killer sided.

I can see endgame getting nerfed and I don't want that.

But if it's kept the same I am going to continue playing killer at endgame however dirty I can if I want the survivors to lose so bad because it's working.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

It's not needed though. A lot of Survivors just feel entitled to the hatch because they're so used to it being a free escape. The way it is currently is fine. If the survivor finds it first they win. If the killer finds it first, the survivor still has a chance. They have more opportunity to win than the killer does already

• AshleyWB

Whenever I come up with any idea there are always those who would rather not have anything new added to the game ever.

Just a general trend I see and encounter whenever I have ideas.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

No matter what you come up with, it will never please everyone. However, if your ideas always receive negative feedback, the problem isn't the people replying - the problem is your ideas are just bad.

• AshleyWB

Needed - nerfed Predictive text is dumb

It's gonna get nerfed

• AshleyWB

That's unfair and you know that.

Recently I was talking about how an Alien chapter would work in the game and I would be hounded saying it's not true to dbds lore and non humanoid killers don't work.

There's no reason to support their claim yet I have to accept it's a bad idea when it's not.

Some people in this forum want to see the game die and I wonder why they contribute in something they don't care about.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

Endgame is fine as it is right now in my opinion. I have in mulitple games in 1v1 situations been able to open the gate and escape. Granted, they were usually on maps with gates always generating at a distance such as the Institute but also had a few on Coldwind farms as well with the gates on same well. A bit of stealth and outsmarting the killer goes a long way.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I meant, If your ideas always receive mostly negative feedback, the problem lies with your ideas.

• AshleyWB

For the record I think endgame is fine, in fact I really like it BUT I feel like it's going to get torn down and tinkered into 5 second gate opening times or something. Which is bad

• AshleyWB

My idea threads get a surprisingly good response. I've noticed people here are fearful for change but desperately crave it. Hard combination to please.

However there are always a few people who appear from nowhere with like 12 posts telling me 'bad idea' when they refuse to even acknowledge and understand anything I'm saying.

'I think killers should be able to damage window vaults to prevent fast vaults'

10 seconds later - "dumb idea, killers are already op"

That's the dumb criticism I get back.

• ClogWench

Nothing comes into this game without one side or the other getting pissy about it. There will always be complaints. This current iteration of the Endgame gives survivors the opportunity at a free escape, even removing interrupts. But it also balances it out by not putting 100% of the power in survivor hands.

• CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625

The Entity becomes numb?

The Entity is powerful, it makes the world around you. If your teammates are dead, and you're the last one alive and there's no hope then the killer did his job.

GG Next game.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

Pretty sure devs said they don't want non-humans.

Yes, they went back on their word of "No clown Killer", but we can't go back on their words until they themselves do.

• AshleyWB

I think survivors should always start the game next to each other.

*The entity hates you, THE ENTITY IS THE WORLD*

End of discussion

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772

How about this

If only one survivor is left, he gets ported to the hatch or gate, while the killer is hold tide by the entity. Sounds good?

Jokes aside... @ashleyWB just deal with it. You want a free to go card. If the Killer hunts you for 2 minutes while EGC is active, then so be it. Find the hatch first and you can wave to the killer while jumping in.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

From the start of the match, survivors have so many chances to survive. If it comes to the situation that the hatch has been closed, there is still the chance to open one of the exit gates. And you can even re-open the hatch with a key.

What is the point in playing a game when you get chance after chance after chance and so on without ever having to lose? Seriously, where is the fun and incentive to play well when making mistakes doesn't have consequences because there will always be another chance?

• AshleyWB

There's a difference between another chance and getting lucky.

I'm sick of second chances I want to risk everything and either win or lose sometimes.

Dbd is kinda like you lose try again you lose you lose yay you win.

• knell
    knell Member Posts: 595

I do think that there is a possibility that the End Game Collapse are eventually going to be changed. I think it's going to depend on the percentage of Escapes through the Gate on all 1vs1 situations (after the hatch has been closed). After few months of collecting data, if the developers find that the number is extremely small, then my guess is that they are going to modify the concept again. After all, isn't that the reason why the original 'hatch-closing' idea never became implemented after the PTB?

I think the timer works well, in that it forces the survivor to take action, but I'm not really a fan of the 'closing-the-hatch' mechanism. I much rather have all killers gain the ability to Tombstone Myer Mori (instant grab kill) once the End Game Collapse activates. This would eliminate any hatch standoffs, and also would give survivors slightly more chance by having another escape route. I feel like this would also create more mindgame potential, instead of just having the killer patrol the two gates until 1. survivor is found or 2. the timer ends.

That said, I haven't yet been on either end of the current End Game Collapse, so this is all conjecture - the current End Game Collapse may be totally fine.

Just out of curiosity, are there any killers who felt that the EGC was unfair in their match? As in, feeling totally helpless because the gates were too far apart to do anything about it?

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

The system we have currently already feels that even if you got destroyed as a survivor team and completed no generators

You still have a chance to escape through Hatch if Hatch gets closed you still have a chance to escape through one of two exit gates.

You are given three chances after a loss with the final two getting more progressively harder

• ClogWench

The number should be extremely small. The gate shouldn't be an easy escape if you've lost the entire game thus far. If a large number of 1v1 survivors are getting out through the gate, THAT'S a problem.

• Shaderz
    Shaderz Member Posts: 42

Just no. The hatch shouldn't even exist. It's just a stupid way of giving survivors more and more chances of escaping as if the current ones aren't already enough.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited May 2019

The egc has only just been patched into the game it will take time to get the stats to stabilise, it is way to early to think about changes.

This new mechanic was designed to be a 50/50 for both sides and if the stats over the next few months are tilted to one side they probably will look at making an adjustment.

• knell

@ClogWench

The number should be extremely small. The gate shouldn't be an easy escape if you've lost the entire game thus far. If a large number of 1v1 survivors are getting out through the gate, THAT'S a problem.

You don't need to convince me. You should try to convince that to the developers who pulled back from implementing the initial 'hatch-closing' mechanism in the PTB for that exact reason.

• ClogWench

@knell the original hatch closing mechanism was pulled because it wasn't paired with the EGC so it resulted in hostage situations where the survivor would just hide for a very very long time. It had absolutely nothing to do with escape rates.

• knell

@ClogWench

You may be right and I may just be confusing things. No problem then.

• ClogWench

Haha it's cool. I don't remember how clear they were on it at the time but that was the reason they ditched it for a while