Could the game be balanced for each killer to have no terror radius?

PunL
PunL Member Posts: 136
edited May 2019 in General Discussions

One of the most terrifying killers to go against is Michel Myers. If you dont have perks that alert you to his presense you basicly swing your head left and right in fear all the time.

So my question: Could the game be balanced for each killer to have no terror radius?

It would certainly rise the horror aspect of the game again. But how would it look like? How would the killers have to change if this would be concidered?

Comments

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Sure. What if we removed scratchmarks too?

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Me, the guy who looks around when I am on a generator

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

spinechill meta activate

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

I like the idea but a LOT would have to change to accomodate it

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Among other problems you'd have to completely redesign the doctor. Could it be done? Probably. But it would be a huge undertaking.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,530

Could it? Sure. But you'd have to go back to the drawing board for so many perks and even entire killers. Stealth killers would be completely gutted. The wraith, for example, might as well not cloak, since they would already have no terror radius and would be able to attack immediately. The doctor's treatment mode wouldn't work without a terror radius either. Perks like Overwhelming/Unnerving Presence, Monitor & Abuse, Distressing, Coulrophobia, etc. would also need to be completely remade.

There is something to be said about keeping it special, though. If you can expect the killer to not have a terror radius every game, it would stop being scary. The thing that really makes it scary is when you're not expecting it and they show up out of nowhere.

• xmidnitejokerx
    xmidnitejokerx Member Posts: 26

Yea, why would you ever play wraith then if you could just have nurse or Billy with no TR, it would make the stealth killers even weaker.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

If every scare ended up being a jumpscare, it'd be a pretty ######### movie.

It's fun right now because it's special.