Feedback on why Im not playing the game as much as before

Options
tt_ivi_99
tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

Now Im not gonna talk about bugs and stuff like that because every game has them and I know the devs will fix those, I will talk about the core of the game. Also, keep in mind these reasons come from a competitive player, someone that spends his time playing at red ranks as both killer and survivor.

1. There's no variety: The amount of Billys and Nurses once you hit red ranks is incredible. What's the point of learning how to counter all the killers if you are going to see only 2 of them? Same can be said about survivors, everyone is running the same build, MoM, DS, Exhaustion and Adrenaline. As a competitive player I feel like Im always going against the same person and it's come to a point in which I dont feel like Im having a challenge anymore, it's just repetitive and it gets boring because I already know the perks that survivors will have and the tactics the killer will use.

2. Repetitive gameplay: The only fun part of the game is either looping or evading the killer, no one likes to hold M1 until the gates are powered. Imo the only way to make repairing an enjoyable part of the match is if survivors need new objectives like searching for parts of the gens across the map to complete them, that way they would be more expossed to the killer and would have more chances to evade or loop him. At the same time the only options you have as killer is to play Billy or Nurse if you dont want to get gen rushed to death. 

3. Tunneling: Right now the game just rewards this kind of playstyle. Even if the killer is facing a DS user it's better to just tunnel, eat the DS and kill him. The game doesnt provide killers enough time to achive their objective which leads them to just take one person out of the trial afap. In order to solve this problem we need incentives to make the killers leave the hook and go after multiple survivors.

4. Map design: Devs you have done a great job with the Coldwind Farm changes and Im very happy about it. However, we still have infinites and poor pallet placement, they literally spawn right next to each other. The fact that T walls and Jungle Gyms dont have always the same shape is also pretty problematic imo. A T wall from Autohaven is nothing compared to a T wall from Coldwind Farm, this last one has a long L wall while Autohaven's has a short L wall, same happens with Jungle Gyms and the Long Walls. All of these hurt both killers and survivors. Killers lack time and thanks to infinites and pallet spawns survivors can just waste the killer's time easily. Survivors suffer from short walls in structures because there's not enough time to react to a mind-game.

That's it, these are the things that make me play DbD way less than I used to. Whenever I see some of these fixed Im sure I will come back full time but the game is just repetitive, boring, and a lot of times unfair for both sides.

Comments