If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Why Nurse needs to be reverted ON CONSOLES.

Options

Nurse in theory is one of the strongest killers, certainly the strongest for PC. But on Console, she is nothing but a joke. Survivors rejoice when they hear the fated screech of a Nurse in their game. While Playing Nurse isn't fun at all, just painful and irritating. I used to be a nurse main before the update that increased her mobility killed her. Now you might ask. Why do you think she's bad? She's the bestest killer in the gosh darn game! Well that's an easy answer. No auto aim. On Console one of the biggest issues with playing specific killers is the FPS drop. Nurse, Huntress, Freddy, and in some instances Hag, all have very steep FPS drop when using their powers. Playing Huntress is like watching screen freeze simulator with every hatchet throw. It's the same with Freddy for every survivor that transitions into the Dream State. So how will Auto aim help Nurse become the strongest killer on console again? Easy. Before the update that changed her became live, she was playable, managing the FPS drop was more of an annoyance than a game break. Because as long as your blinks landed well and you had all of her essential timings down pat, you were terrifying. It felt so good to be powerful. But without the auto aim, it's simply to hard to blink through terrain, 360 smack a survivor, whilst having the FPS drop, and screen quality changes. And god forbid the corn. It's like playing an old DOOM game while blinking through corn. I love Nurse, and I just want there to be the strong killer I use to love playing last year. I wish the Devs, or even Not queen could see this and maybe realize that the balancing should be different for console. We have different issues than with PC. FPS Drop and the fact that we are using a controller changes the game. 360's are harder to pinpoint and seeing survivors at a long distance is just harder. I'm not saying survivors should be nerfed or the game should be changed to suit killer, but I am saying I want to play Nurse without getting looped around a tiny pallet loop and have zero control. She is barely playable at the moment. I'm a rank one survivor, and can promise you. There are NO NURSE PLAYERS in the low ranks. It's all Billy. So please devs. Not queen. Someone just hear me out and help her. She's dying. Eventually there will be no nurse players at all. And I can't bare seeing my favorite killer die.

Comments

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    Options
    Xbox Nurse main here.
    I completely agree with you. @not_Queen, what is your opinion on this?

P.S. I hate when there is a pallet with some obstacles and survivors running around them. You have to blink at the right place, perform 360 and pray that you will hit them. So annoying.
  • Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,063
    Options

@popoles said:
    Xbox Nurse main here.
    I completely agree with you. @not_Queen, what is your opinion on this?

She doesn't play on console. How would her opinion have weight?

• popoles
    Options
    @Nos37
    Maybe because she is the Community Manager, so she can pass on our suggestion and her opinion, whether or not will there be a separate build for PC and console?
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

I'm surprised they don't balance the games on console separately like others have done due to the controller. It's not like they can keep their commitment to release everybody's releases at the same time anyway.

L4D4 changed the whole zombie spawning mechanic for console because of controllers.

• Why_Are_You_Salty
    Why_Are_You_Salty Member Posts: 138
    Options

I'm a PS4 player and I've tried Nurse and I haven't really had a rough time with her sure I agree it's annoying to blink through certain things and trying to hit a survivor, but Nurse is all muscle memory and when I blink she runs smoothly I don't get low FPS same with the other killers you mentioned. I don't play much Nurse, but once you get the hang of her she's pretty good, but taking into account the low fps you get and the terrain it can be annoying sometimes and I really don't mind no auto aim because you can sometimes correct yourself and hit the survivor, but I will agree that Nurse is a little annoying to play for reasons.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Options
    PS4 Nurse Main here. I would prefer they not bring back the auto aim. Her Auto Aim was infuriating to me, so many times I would blink to a Survivor, and instead of grazing thier back with a strike, I would lock onto the center of thier hit box, and CLANG! I would hit a wall or object. 

I much prefer her as is now. The power to “cancel” Blinks by looking down, up, down, everything is WAY better. If you have a hard time 180 or 360 Blinks, then turn your sensitivity up to 100% and get used to it. The FPS drops are an issue, but not game breaking. 
  • Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Options
    Nurse is fine on console, she's hard to learn. All killers who play badly or doesn't have experience get laughed at. She has the highest skill cap and pc had her for way longer, that's all
  • Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Options
    She was the first dlc killer I believe and console got the game so much later after the nurse, hag, doc, meyers came out
  • popoles
    Options
    Nurse is fine on console, she's hard to learn. All killers who play badly or doesn't have experience get laughed at. She has the highest skill cap and pc had her for way longer, that's all
    I don't think that this really matters, honestly. I played her daily on PC, I was doing 3-4k without a problem. (But I had to play on low and now for some reason it runs horribly, so I switched to console.)

The main problem (for me) is, the default killer auto-aim. (Yes killers have a slight auto-aim)
    The AA simply overrules the controller input. It has happened to me several times, that when I was about to hit a survivor from a blink, camera flicked to the side and I missed him completely. Either add an auto-aim and improve it or fix the hit registering.
  • DavyisKing
    DavyisKing Member Posts: 14
    Options

I've played nurse since the game came out. I have around 600-700 hours on her. I can blink fine. I have everything built into my mind. The problem is the FPS Drop and the screen quality that is constantly changing. The lack of auto aim and reduced lunge is way more infuriating then with it. I miss when It was all about muscle memory and less about being able to spin 360 degrees. And yes, my sensitivity is at 100%. So stop acting like i'm a new killer who has zero idea about anything. I have approximately 372 days on this hell hole of a game. The one thing I wish I could change was Nurse. Whether you're all P3 Nurses or not, She's not a good killer on console. Her pick rate is so low we all see her once in a blue moon, and even people who stick with her and have plenty of hours are getting bullied to the point of face camping. Bringing back old Nurse would make all the Nurses I use to see start playing again.

• Plagues7
    Plagues7 Member Posts: 17
    Options

I’m not sure reverting the Nurse is the solution. I think the solution is having the game balanced (slightly) differently on console. As examples they could up her base move speed, reduce the post blink stun, or add an additional blink that could make her move viable on console. Unfortunately the FPS rate may be more of an base XB1 issue, as PS4 and XBX don’t seem to have that problem.

• popoles
    Options
    Plagues7 said:

I’m not sure reverting the Nurse is the solution. I think the solution is having the game balanced (slightly) differently on console. As examples they could up her base move speed, reduce the post blink stun, or add an additional blink that could make her move viable on console. Unfortunately the FPS rate may be more of an base XB1 issue, as PS4 and XBX don’t seem to have that problem.

I know some PS4 players that have even worse FPS than some Xbox users. I am on XBOX1 S and it's ok. ~27 FPS
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

I've played Nurse a ton on PS4 (prestige 2) and personally love the removal of auto aim. Before I would get clipped on terrain as the auto aim would try to lunge in a straight line, now that I can control its direction its easy. Do I miss at times, yes (CORN!) but I miss far less than the BS auto aim caused. Besides a good Nurse can toy with survivors who are relaxed. Its my favorite part about her, play dumb the first hook or two then show them how true blink mind-games work.