Do you care if you “win?”

johnmwarner
johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

Whether winning means ranking up, getting 3-4 kills, etc does that affect how much fun fun ou have?

ever since I started just playing now the game me, trying my best (not super sweaty) I’ve enjoyed DBD a lot more than when i cared about ranking up or securing kills.

Comments

• Frozenscum
    Frozenscum Member Posts: 393

I dont care much, if ppl in trial are non-toxic, be it survivors or killer when i play as surv, dont write some stupid crap like "ez" and dont bm during game, and especially dont fckn DC at first down - I'm totally fine with any result.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I don’t care about winning.

PLAY FOR FUN.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

I play for fun. I have certain killer builds that I know for a fact will not "win" a trial, but I run them because I find them fun. Its a game. I lost the drive to be competitive in games a long time ago, esp this one.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

If I'm running my Leatherface basement build.. I really do not care. My goal is to get 2 kills and make life miserable for them.

If I'm being honest. Otherwise, yes, I want to pip and win.

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    edited May 2019

I literally only play killer for fun so, as long as there's some good chases, intense moments and general respect of each other, that is a win.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,219

I main Doctor. I think that pretty much says I don't care about winning.

• Tokemstreamer
    Tokemstreamer Member Posts: 24

i dont care,long asbi get 1 sacrifice, lotsnof times i just wanna troll

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

No, I could not care less. I only start to care if survivors are being ######### and team is attempting to bully me. Then I turn just as sweaty as them. Typically I play for fun though. Many times I’ll let the last survivor have the hatch.

The only other instance I care is if I’m going for an adept. I’ll play pretty sweaty and bring the killers best add-ons.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    edited May 2019

I have fun with this game every time I play it. Sure, it is better for me if I get to kill or sacrifice 3 or 4 survivors but I have a nice time anyway.

But the truest victory for me is if after a match a survivor that could not escape leaves me a "trophy" in my Steam Profile (That's what I call the dead survivors salty comments). I have a rush of dopamine when I get proof that I made someone so mad and miserable that they had to waste time to write me a comment. Hahaha :-D

I have 130 or so trophies to this day B-)

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited May 2019

I play to win. I couldn't care less about pips or bloodpoints. The kills are all I care about.

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

I play for fun only:) if I win or lose I don't care as long as I have fun:)

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615

This game isn't balanced to worry about wins or not. Just enjoy the game and have a fun time.

• DenimChicken
    DenimChicken Member Posts: 114
    edited May 2019

I play for fun and BP as long as survivors aren't toxic or Gen rushing so I can get some BP I'm good if they all happen to escape.

Its no fun no matter what if you play legion....🙃

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

If i dont perform well due to my own failures it will annoy me but if i cant succed due to some survivour or killer setup that can frustrate me. Some maps can render some killers unplayable haddonfield with huntress against savvy survivours for example. Or mint rag hag with a basement build basically means i have one live and the minute i hit basement its pretty much gg.

Some killers like huntress skill celling can make hitting great long shots turn the entire enjoyment of the game around. Same goes for bming killers and survivours its fien to have a thick skin but it can be annoying when your opponet is bent on being as disrespectful possible.

I get the tactics behind that aittude but i still think its pretty scummy. In the end were all competeing to win dont make the community worse by provoking other players to play in an unfair mean manner.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I don't care if I lose but have fun.

I don't like it when I lose because survivors are effing toxic basterds

• Toxicity23
    Toxicity23 Member Posts: 387

Sometimes. I do find Survivor a little bit frustrating to play sometimes though, hell, considering how little Bp I get while playing survivor, it's why I play Killer mostly, but I hate the long queues.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

A full BBQ stack and a fun game is considered a win for me, even if no one ends up dead.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Of course. I don't care if I'm called sweaty and whatnot. Life is competitive, and competitiveness is life. Not that I don't chill if some survivors DC early or they are just too inexperienced. But the best way to play is trying to annihilate them completely. The thought of running around, letting them farm and in return signaling that I want their cooperation to farm some BP myself makes me cringe.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

I kind of construct my own goals based on which killer I play and what survivors I’m going against. I love getting 4ks, but I feel as long as I get 3 survivors I did my job because of the “final girl” archetype.

Sometimes two survivors still feels like a success, but then I pretend whoever escapes is just gonna be in the “sequel” and treat them as the survivor(s) who got away. When I play with a storyline in my head and try to act it out with the character I’m playing then i nearly always have fun.

What can I say, I’m a horror geek 🤓

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

I like playing casual, I will secure a 4k time to time, you give me respect, I give you respect. How much of a fun time you'll have depends on how you act towards me in trial.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

######### no.

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681

If I'm playing my 'best' killer and i get 1k or allow 4 man escape, i get pretty irritated. I feel i pretty much blew it.

I let the entity judge me most other times. I think entity displeased usually sums up my performance if i see it.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

My personal win is if I dominated the Survivors, if they escape feeling ''oh ######### ######### yeah I actually got out'' that's a win. My minimum requirements for a personal win is two kills, since I can't actually read emotions over long distances through a video game I can at least know that if all 4 get out they are feeling pretty superior and that's a loss.

• drunky26
    drunky26 Member Posts: 686
    edited May 2019

No.

I used to care when I actually wanted to rank up.

After reaching rank 1 multiple seasons on both killer and survivor, I honestly really don't care anymore, just try and have fun.

• jordirex
    jordirex Member Posts: 204

I play to be perfect as Huntress so yes, i care. Right now I'm rank 2, two days after the reset. I'm tryhard asf.

• PyroDude
    PyroDude Member Posts: 454

Not really.

A win for me is getting lots of bloodpoints and not being frustrated from the match.

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    edited May 2019

Yes. For me, getting that juicy 4k is everything. I don't see the point in playing a game without the want to win in every way possible. I tend to not care about survivors fun if it gets in the way of me winning.

Post edited by thekiller490490 on
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

For me its different than all of ya'lls

I consider it a win if the other side had fun, whether I actually won or not, if I had fun and the other side did not I consider it a loss on my part

• AStupidMonkeyy
    AStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718

It depends. Sometimes I enjoy ######### with survivors until the end and they all get out after 2 hooks or it could go the complete opposite and someone could teabag and I end up face camping all 4 in the basement with a hatchet aimed at the nearest survivor attempting to 4%. Survivors choose how I play.

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684

1 or more sacrifices is win to me

Or 4 stack BBQ&Chili

• Caz2018
    Caz2018 Member Posts: 193

If I had fun, got plenty of blood points and (ideally) managed to pip up, I consider it a win, even if the survivors get out.

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183

It depends what do you think is a win.

If its 4k then no, i don't care about winning.

If its 4stack of b&c then hell yeah!

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

Glad to see I’m not alone thinking 4 bbq stacks Ian a win. Ideally I hook all the survivors twice and they all escape. Everyone wins

• sam
    sam Member Posts: 29
    edited May 2019

i only care about winning in certain situations, mainly as survivor. if i go against a scumbag killer who is abusing glitches, tunneling, camping etc. i like to escape just to give them that fat gg

(edit; this sounds so scummy but i'ts really not. playing against killers like that is not only frustrating but also annoying)

• Meep1nk3
    Meep1nk3 Member Posts: 12
    edited May 2019

Nah, I just play to have fun, currently trying to learn nurse on console and I'm getting 0-1 kill on most games, but nurse is too fun to stop