Critical EGC issue

So I felt this was quite an oversight in EGC:

The killer can shut the hatch when the last survivor is downed, but then refuse to pick them up (or sometimes can't even find them anyway). But downed survivors cannot open exit gates. Since the point of EGC was to stop games being prolonged without progress, this is a little counterintuitive.

As to what could be done, my first idea was that perhaps we could allow downed survivors to self-recover fully if they are the final one during EGC. It would still require filling the bar, but at least they could actually not be sitting still for 2 minutes doing nothing whilst a killer either runs around or just trolls them by watching over them.

Comments

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

Nah.. all they need to do is once the EGC starts, and there is one survivor left, the bleedout timer is reduced to 10 seconds. Having it stay at 240 seconds, while the EGC timer doubles to 240 seconds is BS.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Ok: so, last survivor gets downed, but he gets a free chance to escape, just... because?

Come on. Sometimes survivors die in this game, that's no reason to hand out a freebie. If anything, a somewhat faster bleeding out progress would make sense. I understand it's not the most fun thing to watch your life slowly running out. Wouldn't call it "critical" though, but sure: halfing bleed out time could help a little I guess (although let me point out: if I managed to down you, I kinda deserve that sacrifice). But a free recovery? Nah.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

You deserve that sacrifice? Then put them on the hook! Why slug them for several minutes? You "earned" it??

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@Nos37 no, it's kind of a ######### thing to do. But I expect people will soon stop doing that, because of the small amount of BP you get for it.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Would suck for anyone with Unbreakable (or No Mither, though I can't imagine Killer letting that one go).

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,951
    edited May 2019

I think shortening the timer is a bad idea, as @TAG mentioned, what about those survivors who run with Unbreakable. And even if the survivor is slugged and has no way of reviving themselves, the game will still eventually end - I don't see that this is going to become a big issue. Pretty sure once the novelty of the Entity taking the survivor has worn off, Killers will be more than happy to hook the survivor and move on quickly to the next game.

• TheBean

@TAG Doesn't matter though.... Unbreakable and no mither are of no use... if you get up you get hit down. If there is no gate open... Where do you think you are going to go? The killer is right there... You go no where the killer doesn't want you to go. Maybe a high skilled player will be able to make some distance at that point. But... When a low skilled player is faced in this situation, there is nothing for them to do.

The low skilled player only lives or dies based on what the killer chooses at that time, and they got 4 minutes to figure it out.

No more chasing is needed.... If the survivor didn't get a gate open and the killer is there, there is nothing for them but to wait it out.

I will like to believe everyone that this will be a novelty... but it is far more a novelty to make that last one get eaten by the Entity... that is just me though.

• TAG

The Hatch. Bust out your Key and give the Killer the one-finger salute.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238

Sorry but same Issue as with Deliverance, if you wanted to use those perks, you shouldve used them earlier.

• TAG
    edited May 2019

I thought about that comparison myself, but I'm gonna have to disagree to a point. The thing with Deliverance is that successfully hooking the last Survivor is meant to signal that the game is over. But with Unbreakable, the Killer is deliberately not manually bringing the game to a close (instead opting to let the game forcibly end over time) and is voluntarily making the decision to allow the game to technically continue. In my mind, this should give the Survivor the opportunity to react if they something that allows them to react. It's basically the equivalent of a card game where Player A chooses not to win the game so they could BM because they figure Player B is dead anyways and Player B using that opportunity to pull an unlikely win out of their ass.

• TheBean

@TAG

How are they going to pull an unlikely win out of their ass though?....Unbreakable means nothing unless the killer leaves them there and doesn't watch them anymore. The whole point of BMing is to sit there as killer and stand over them.

Are you just hoping the killer decides to take a long blink so you can get up?

I personally am not going to BM someone and walk away from my computer or tab out to do something else... kind of defeats the purpose of BMing.

If I'm the clown.. and I circle a survivor for 3 minutes throwing bottles at them while they are on the ground for shits and giggles.... how is their unbreakable going to save them?... the moment they get up is the moment I hit them back down... dead hard no prob... they didn't get a gate open anyways so... Where is my little rabbit gonna go?.. hide in a hole somewhere lols.

TBH... I would rather the survivor be running around anyways... makes the timer go quicker... quicker I get to see them be eaten. So bringing in Unbreakable is of no concern.

^^^^^^^^^^ that scenario... I don't think is going anywhere over time, I feel it is going to get worse.

People are BMing in this game all the time so I can't see it being a novelty that will dissipate over time.

But maybe they will find a key in the match.... maybe...

A survivor can bring a key in with them and if the Killer sees it in the lobby, they might get that knocked out of their hand before they ever get close to using it. Seeing keys in my lobby makes me want to bring in Franklins, I don't know about others.

Not trying to be an ahole but that end game needs some tweaks is my view. In the efforts to remove BMing from the survivor side at the end of the match, it feels the action of BMing just flipped to the Killer side which seems to be a little odd.

• TAG

As I said before, run to the closed Hatch and use your Key to open it. If you get up with Unbreakable, perhaps MoM or DH could save you. It sounds similar to the arguments for allowing Deliverance for the last Survivor, but the difference is the Killer electing to end the game by hooking vs. the Killer electing to not end the game by keeping them down.

I'm not arguing that something should or should not be done, but rather that speeding up the bleed timer to the point where Unbreakable becomes unusable in that scenario is not the answer IMO