NERF NOED

Tensor
Tensor Member Posts: 254

Since we know the killer main whine and whine until they get anything like DS or soon be be MoM nerfed. Lets return the favor. I expect this to be brought up everyday from now on.

Nerf NOED. If you couldnt kill the survivors before the end, then you don't deserve the kills.

Comments

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371

@AsheruSwiftwind @Tensor Show me 1 person who can find and destroy all dull totems on the map in the 10 seconds it takes to catch a Survivor after triggering MoM / DS or a DH dodge and I'll show you a liar.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    edited May 2019

@SlinkyJinky

Yes like I stated above the problem with those two perks was that they waste time that the killer just doesn't have.

Against the competent group of survivors time that you burn in a chase can severely impact how well you doing the game.

Those two perks by design wasted time with very little effort put in on the survivors part.

Compare this with no one escapes death to counter if you have the constant totems however unlike killer's survivors don't have such a time crunch simply because they have the numbers whilst you are cleansing totems somebody can very easily be pulling up the slack and completing generators.

If I have a competent team I can spend the entire game looking for totems whilst they do generators and we could still effectively escape.

As a killer the time you waste you don't have anybody to pull up the slack for you.

Post edited by Volfawott on
  • SlinkyJinky

Well we were comparing like for like at the time so there's that. And technically by that reasoning you'd also have the whole match to counter MoM, DS and DH

• dnj510
    dnj510 Member Posts: 438

I think they should just revert NOED back to what it used to be. No one wants to be insta-downed by a tier 1 NOED user 🙄.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

I'm happy with that. Noed is weak af compared to MoM.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

Noed dosent need a nerf they should add a notification of someone that destroyed a dull totem so that you know how many totems are in the game but also killers will know the notification balance for both sides

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

How to get Downvotes 101

1.Make a post about NoEd needing a nerf

2.Results

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

Devs wont accept that the NOED-Design is totaly wrong-sided. NOEd needs to be reworked to a good gameplay rewarding perk instead of being a gamechanging bad play reward.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

I used to argue that NOED is bad, and only bad killers use it. Now I realize its just bait for bad survivors to die on.

If any person with a brain knows the killer has NOED and is camping the hook you DON'T go after that survivor unless you wanna die with him. But people don't learn do they?

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

@MegsAreEvil You literally cannot touch NoEd until freddy is reworked, because freddy needs NoEd almost 50% of the time and that is only if they are altruistic!

Sometimes a perk cannot be touched until certain killers are changed first

• FireHazard

So we should change it back to not being a hex perk and having it be indefinitely?

I used to argue these same things with people about NOED, I even made a post about it that got huge over the discussion. The point is...trust me...it was A LOT worse...

And it isn't hard to circumvent it either Pre-Activation.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

"Lets return the favor. I expect this to be brought up everyday from now on."

You must be new to the forums.

• FireHazard

I disagree with that, not that Freddy needs rework he needs one really badly.

I disagree that Freddy needs NOED in-general, I use him pretty often and I never need NOED. In fact I never use NOED, I think I used it once or twice when I first started but that was when NOED didn't have every tier of it with the exposed status effect.

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

We will never forget the days where survivors defended literal infinites. But no, when Killers complaining it's always "whining" but when survivor complains the devs should note down everything said?

I hate people

If the killer uses NOED and only gets a kill at the end game, they've lost, be happy. Don't blame the killers for the horrible game design that is "If Killer plays bad then Survivors don't rank up".

Maybe look for NOED, get it, then use one of the most meta perks in the game like BT to get them out? Or you know, body block?

Get to Rank 1 and you'll see that NOED is nowhere to be seen, because it is a *WEAK PERK* that I legit would only use for that speed boost.

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134

all what noed needs is a notification every time a totem breaks (totem breaking sound) to every survivor.

and you will have a chance countering noed as solo. cuz u know if u spend ur time cleansing all 5 totems as solo. it'll probably be 3-man game for others.

and you'll probably black pip/depip if you're at red ranks.

you don't know how much times i cleansed 4 totems (including hex:ruin with them) and got downed and facecamped because no one cleansed the last totem.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

They did just that when NOED lasted forever and couldn't be disabled. It's like if they didn't have as many second chances, they actually played better.

• FireHazard

I may advocate for having EGC gate spawns be dictated by some sort of system, but I kind of agree with you on that one.

Survivors now a days blame a perk because they themselves were too lazy to stop it when they had plenty of chances.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I made a thread a long time ago saying that low survival rates are due to survivors having too many second chances.

It sounds counter-intuitive, but the same principle is observed in car crashes, for example. People who feel safe and confident in their vehicles have more accidents, since they tend to pay less attention to the road, because they believe nothing's going to happen to them.

Likewise, survivors who feel safe due to knowing they have DH, DS, BT, etc., will often make stupid plays.

TL;DR: Take away survivors' second chances and they'll play more efficiently and intelligently, which will create a significant rise in survival rates.

• FireHazard

Well as people have said they have three, so that being said most of them are too lazy to actually have the forward thinking to do something as "complex" as breaking totems beforehand or breaking a totem.

Even if someone gets downed by NOED the team will still try and get them, die, and blame the perk because they were the ones that risked the chance of being one hit.

That kind of thinking baffles me but whatever.

• SlinkyJinky

If Noed pop's thats an automatic leave everyone on the hook and escape for me. No point in feeding bad killers free BP

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

I only run NOED on Freddy and I have never got to his end game without it activating so I don't think "just cleanse all the totems" is realistic for anything other than a 4 man SWF as there is no other way to know if you got them all.

• holywhitetrash
    holywhitetrash Member Posts: 289

if every survivor just had the mind set of cleanse any dull totem they run across, NOED wouldn't even activate in most games and the survivors would rarely need to actively look for totems

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

@TreemanXD

I love how you got 3 downvotes for stating a fact that has been well known for weeks.

Just shows how the downvote button is a bad idea easily abused by people that simply dont like each other.

• Broosmeister
    Broosmeister Member Posts: 281

Only bad killers use Noed,

My mind can't be changed

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

@Broosmeister

You could just as easily say only bad survivors run MoM.

Honestly I don't think either statement is true

In fact the more douchebag way to phrase it could be only bad survivors will let themselves get killed with no one escapes death.

• Broosmeister
    Broosmeister Member Posts: 281

With MoM you make escaping a bit easier, it's true. But you still have to dodge & evade the killer or run him around for as long as possible. Also, it means that you have had multiple chases and got smacked multiple times already. So that means people with MoM did at least something to get the perk.

But with Noed you won't have to do anything, you can play as horrible as you want and still get 1 or 2 kills in the end, or 3/4 when people are too altruistic/stupid. Lazy killers who just camp/tunnel to get a kill, maybe 2, to get into the endgame & then slug with Noed. It's just a bad perk for bad & lazy killers.

In my experience i've never seen a decent killer use the perk Noed. And i see bad killers in higher ranks just because Noed carried them there, they all play dirty and ruin the game for everyone. Most of the time their excuse is "Gen rushing instead of doing totems" as if everyone should look for hidden totems the whole game. Of course we do totems when they are next to gens or if we walk past one, but some are hidden, should all the survivors run around with no communication whatsoever ( since SWF is toxic for whatever reason ) to look for 5 totems? That way there will be no gens done quick enough to even get to the endgame, bad killers would love for that to happen.

I honestly believe Noed should be reworked or removed from the game.

• fetchest
    fetchest Member Posts: 12

Why can't bad killers use noed? Using noed can help killers learn the game and assist them in learning the basics, getting them a few wins. Removing the perk will lose players.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@Carpemortum ikr lol

This discussion has been closed.