If the Killer closes the hatch, the Gates need to be 99%

This is out of control.

There is not counter-play to the Killah Mainz sweating it out and closing the hatch.

If the Killah wants 2 B fresh, then they gotta pay da price, ya digg?

Comments

• Bithard
    Bithard Member Posts: 406

......... What?

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Oh I wasn't aware that is was THAT same scenario every single time. OP Never once said "Killing 3 survivors before they fix all gens means killers get a free kill"

Nice try tho.

• Johnny_XMan

That was something I have suggested and tagged @not_Queen because the spawn locations are ridiculous. At one point the hatch spawned right infront of the exit gate.

I would say that 99% is probably a little excessive, but honestly it takes 20 seconds to open an exit gate and it takes 1 second for killers to close hatch. So I think that is a little excessive too. Hope this gets looked into as the basement stairs blocking did.

• Johnny_XMan
    edited May 2019

Sometimes there are disconnects (Legit) ones. The hatch opens regardless of what happens to the other survivors.

Also, just because 3 are dead (however that was done) Doesn't make the hatch endgame less unbalanced.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Assuming that by "legit" you mean game crashes and the like, that's a problem with the game, which has no bearing on balance.

In a normal hatch closing scenario (no disconnects), the last kill is anything but free. Those three survivors didn't put themselves on the hooks.

• Johnny_XMan
    edited May 2019

3 kills does not mean you get to have the last one as a freebie.

There is no way to counter opening a gate while you're being in a chase. The hatch endgame FORCES you to immerse, which is yet another version of a "stand off". Just a really unbalanced one. Where is the "Hope" in that. Its not fun, its not exciting, SO, this is why people are suggesting ideas.

Maybe they should just make it so NO ONE wins if the match ends. That would make it more fair.

• Johnny_XMan

People are suggesting ideas because it is virtually impossible to open an exit gate while in some kind of chase. Which is what the prompt will be once the EGC is active, that or immerse which will have the same outcome as surrender and die.

I'm done trying to make sense with you. I can see how biased you are towards one side. Have a nice day.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,904

Use Wake Up if you want a fast gate opening.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

"fast", as in three seconds shaved off. "faster" is more appropriate. To be honest, it did save me once.

• dnj510
    dnj510 Member Posts: 438

As the survivor, you've just gotta play it smart(and also be lucky). Take my match from yesterday as an example. Hillbilly closed the hatch and I noticed that the exit gates were decently spread apart. I was already close to an exit gate when he closed the hatch and I progressed the exit gate before the 1st red light appeared. Billy came to check the area before running back to the other gate. When he came back to my gate, it was just opened and I escaped as he tried to lunge at me.

Just gotta go for it sometimes.

• Johnny_XMan

That's why people are suggesting to spread the locations of gates a bit. Like I said I think OP's suggestion to 99 is probably too excessive. Of course a lot will depend on RNG and how good that Killer is at tracking.

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

No ya digg

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371

But then Killers wouldn't get their guaranteed free win!

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

My success has no reflection on the other Survivors.

How is all my other fellow Survivors dying, MY FAILURE? Elaborate please.

Aside from that, the hatch was a broken mechanic that just received another band-aid fix. That's all I got to say anymore on that matter.

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043

Yeah, this plus wake up helps a lot, the killer will near always find the hatch first unless you stumble into it/are closer after the 3rd sacrifice. Cleansing totems at the speed of light also helps. Glad to see someone suggesting a good adaptation rather than just saying get over it like most of these threads. Thanks @dnj510

• Mystaria13
    Mystaria13 Member Posts: 495

A second chance with hatch? Just out of curiosity, what game have you been playing? Because in EVERY match I play the killer is camping hatch when the third survivor dies and closes it as soon as it opens. Even if the survivor is at hatch and clicks R1 to jump in, as soon as the killer clicks to close it the survivor is kicked out of hatch and it doesn't matter that the survivor pressed it first. So there is no second chance with hatch unless the survivor has a key. I play both equally but I do agree that something needs to be changed a bit for the last survivor, but would suggest removing the lights from the door and the buzzer or make it 15 seconds or even just move hatch when there's only 1 left.

• dnj510
    dnj510 Member Posts: 438

@Kiskashi No problem. Positive and/or critical feedback is better than most people saying "get over it" or "git gud".

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

@Johnny_XMan

What are you on about there are no counters are you wilfully ignoring the fact that perks like a wake up exist.

Hell with wake up if you just forget about going for hatch and immediately just wait by an exit for the killer to close it you practically get an escape.

But then actually requires you to swap out some of your perks if you don't want to do that then don't complain

• Volfawott

@SlinkyJinky

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it's not a free win.

As a killer you beat the the group of survivors and prevented them from completing enough gen.

It's only natural you should have an advantage.

however even after practically losing the game the survivors still have opportunities to make it out in Escape and these opportunities are accessible no matter how badly they've messed up.

Previously if you didn't complete two generators you were screwed that's not the case anymore.

however for some reason survivors are still advocating to be put a completely equal pedestal after they've failed.

That would be the same way as a killer failing to stop four survivors from completing gens and opening the exit. Then demanding that the survivors advantage that they worked for gets removed

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    edited May 2019

This is not a team game, go read the Surivor tutorial manual.

You have the option to work as a team, or to look out for yourself. Do you even read anything ingame?

• Volfawott

@Brady

Whether you work as a team or alone, the main advantage of survivors is the numbers they have.

It means then there's always at least going to be one person to pull up the slack if the others aren't doing it.

For example one Survivor is getting chased and can't work on generators the other survivors are working on gens.

When you get to the situation where it's a 1 v 1 you've lost that key advantage of numbers that you've had which is why it's a lot more difficult as it should be

• PickCollins
    PickCollins Member Posts: 495

I think the issue here that my fellow killers aren't understanding is that it should be in our favor if it's a 1v1. That doesn't mean we get it without trying. We should have to put forth effort to get our kill. It's asymmetrical in the sense that we get all the natural advantages already. Unless ur Nurse you move faster than a Survivior, there's nowhere they can go where we can't, and we all have abilities that help us kill them.

Now I disagree with OP. I think 99ing the gates if the hatch is closed is taking balancing EGC way too far. But I do think the exit gates should have fixed spawns on the opposite corners of each map, that way we aren't dealing with this "Hur dur the gates are in eye shot of each other" bullshit. Bc then it really is just a free kill that we got through RNG, not outplaying the only Survivior who wasn't a bonobo

• BigBlackMori
    BigBlackMori Member Posts: 220

'Bring a perk to counter it' is only considered a fair solution when Killers are being told to do it. Survivors' perks should always just be bonuses on top of all the other mistake-correcting mechanics they get for free.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

I would like to point this out.

If the Killer is playing better than the Survivors then he will have to deal with the hatch endgame situation nearly every game.

If the Survivors are playing better than the Killer however then they will almost never have to even think about the hatch barring Key plays.

That means the Killer needs to have a fairly consistent method of dealing with the hatch (or in this case the egc after it is closed), or else 4king comes down to pure chance. While the Survivor's method of dealing with the Hatch EGC can be anywhere from unlikely to literally impossible, since a group of competent survivors never need to worry about it. Kinda like balancing the situation of 4 slugged survivors or an open gate with all 4 survivors right next to the exit or something.

Not every situation needs to be balanced. You should always expect a team that is closer to winning to also be more likely to win. That's why any perk or mechanic designed to mitigate failure needs to also be less effective than the thing it is mitigating.

• AeriFaerie
    AeriFaerie Member Posts: 1

Sometimes I think it just comes down to luck at the end. I had my first experience with it today. The killer was definitely better than me. I managed to trick her into thinking I left the area. She closed the hatch and picked the other exit gate (I was waiting by the one she had checked already). I managed to get out, but it was just luck of the draw.

The only thing I would change for sure is sometimes the exit gates are too close together for a survivor to have time to open one, even if they pick the one the killer doesn't check first. It allows the killer to camp both successfully and prevent an escape.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

As a matter of fact I've read every single piece of tutorial in this game. Thing is, that's an illusion of a choice. It's an asymetrical game, and no matter if you want to play ######### Evil Dwight or be the best teammate ever, it always comes down to the fact that, by design, a single survivor will never have the same agency as the killer. If the game balance gets to a point where your chances of survival are completely independent to the other survivors' performance, then it will be terribly unbalanced.

Want to work only for your own survival? Fine. But you'll still have to work towards the same objectives as the other survivors, and you're still a killer's target just as much as them, so how well the other survivors do will, and should affect your chances at survival. As I said, if you want to be solely responsible for your failures and triumphs, go play killer. By design, survivor cannot and will never work that way, and by denying it you're being delusional and thank God your opinion has no bearing on this game's balance.

• drekin7979
    drekin7979 Member Posts: 94

Nah. The ENC is absolutely fine now. Nothing needs changing

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,933

Agreed, @AeriFaerie. Make it so the gates don't spawn so close together or make the gate opening time faster.

• Sole_Survivor
    Sole_Survivor Member Posts: 30

If you failed to repair gens(your main objective), it should be fair that the killer have an advantage over u.

U can still escape through the hatch. Just find it first.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@thrawn3054 That's correct for some people, but not for everyone.

There is a "2nd chance mentality" where some players feel - with all the 2nd chances that are available already (perks, items, game mechanics) - that they still need another 2nd chance at the end of the day. Some people just can't accept a loss and move on to the next match.

Concerning the exit gates, I would prefer a fixed min/max distance between gates. A shorter opening timer doesn't help when both gates are right next/in line of sight to each other.